Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 125
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Da Swami ... The bell is about to toll

  1. #1
    kinz is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,415

    Da Swami ... The bell is about to toll

    Hey Da Swami,

    We have unfinished business.

    Let me remind people of the story. Da Swami and I didn't see eye to eye on some things. The difference of opinion was cool by me, but I really took exception to how he acted so superior and was flat out insulting to people who didn't share his opinion. It went on for a long time. So I goaded him into a bet. He played like a little girl playing her first hand of Hold'em and after a modest initial bet by me, he pushed us "All in". The bet was as follows ...

    The Raiders go 10-6 or better this year, Kinz is gine from this board for a year, the Raiders go 6-10 or less, Da Swami is gone for a year.

    I won't bore you with the details of our disagreements, but will say Da Swami proved pretty wrong about plenty of things including McFadden, Knapp, players fitting the offensive scheme, and the secondary. I guess this pretty much sums it up.

    Da Swami: "We are much more likely to challenge for 11-5 than go 5-11."

    So Da Swami, looks like you are going to lose the bet. But tell you what. If you apologize for being such an insufferable azz to so many others, I'll let you stay. Otherwise, have a nice last rant, spew a last bit of foolish arrogance, and see you in a year and bit if you have the balls to come back.

    Kinz

  2. #2
    MadBomber24's Avatar
    MadBomber24 is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    13,726
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    Hey Da Swami,

    We have unfinished business.

    Let me remind people of the story. Da Swami and I didn't see eye to eye on some things. The difference of opinion was cool by me, but I really took exception to how he acted so superior and was flat out insulting to people who didn't share his opinion. It went on for a long time. So I goaded him into a bet. He played like a little girl playing her first hand of Hold'em and after a modest initial bet by me, he pushed us "All in". The bet was as follows ...

    The Raiders go 10-6 or better this year, Kinz is gine from this board for a year, the Raiders go 6-10 or less, Da Swami is gone for a year.

    I won't bore you with the details of our disagreements, but will say Da Swami proved pretty wrong about plenty of things including McFadden, Knapp, players fitting the offensive scheme, and the secondary. I guess this pretty much sums it up.

    Da Swami: "We are much more likely to challenge for 11-5 than go 5-11."

    So Da Swami, looks like you are going to lose the bet. But tell you what. If you apologize for being such an insufferable azz to so many others, I'll let you stay. Otherwise, have a nice last rant, spew a last bit of foolish arrogance, and see you in a year and bit if you have the balls to come back.

    Kinz
    Dang, I forgot about that bet. I really was rooting for swami to be right as I didnt think we would end up this bad either. I firgured anywhere between 7-9 and 10-6 this year depending on injuries and such.

  3. #3
    coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,673
    TBH i didnt think we would be good enough to hit 11-5 but i also didnt think we would be bad enough to hit 5-11..i honestly thought we would at least hit 7 wins..

  4. #4
    Sea Of Hands's Avatar
    Sea Of Hands is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yosemite
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    Hey Da Swami,

    We have unfinished business.

    Let me remind people of the story. Da Swami and I didn't see eye to eye on some things. The difference of opinion was cool by me, but I really took exception to how he acted so superior and was flat out insulting to people who didn't share his opinion. It went on for a long time. So I goaded him into a bet. He played like a little girl playing her first hand of Hold'em and after a modest initial bet by me, he pushed us "All in". The bet was as follows ...

    The Raiders go 10-6 or better this year, Kinz is gine from this board for a year, the Raiders go 6-10 or less, Da Swami is gone for a year.

    I won't bore you with the details of our disagreements, but will say Da Swami proved pretty wrong about plenty of things including McFadden, Knapp, players fitting the offensive scheme, and the secondary. I guess this pretty much sums it up.

    Da Swami: "We are much more likely to challenge for 11-5 than go 5-11."

    So Da Swami, looks like you are going to lose the bet. But tell you what. If you apologize for being such an insufferable azz to so many others, I'll let you stay. Otherwise, have a nice last rant, spew a last bit of foolish arrogance, and see you in a year and bit if you have the balls to come back.

    Kinz
    I did the math and you have not won the bet yet. You should wait until the Raiders lose number 10 before you start singing your victory song. After reading this post, I can conclude that true justice would be you watching the Raiders run the table, which would force you into exile for a year.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

  5. #5
    B. anthracis's Avatar
    B. anthracis is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,965
    Sweet internet satisfaction. How nice it must be. I tried to make a somewhat similar bet with someone else on this board but they wouldn't take it. But it's good enough to know I would have won.

    I don't recall seeing Da Swami around lately. Maybe he's already quietly imposed exile upon himself.

  6. #6
    kinz is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Of Hands View Post
    I did the math and you have not won the bet yet. You should wait until the Raiders lose number 10 before you start singing your victory song. After reading this post, I can conclude that true justice would be you watching the Raiders run the table, which would force you into exile for a year.
    Sea, your math isn't so good on this one. For me to lose, the Raiders would have to win 10 or more games this year. I agree I haven't won the bet yet, but the only way Swami can avoid losing is for the Raiders to win their last 4 in a row. Could happen, frankly I hope it does. All I ever really wanted was for the guy to quit being such a dick.
    Rudimus likes this.

  7. #7
    coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,673
    ya im not sure he understood that 7,8, and 9 wins is a draw and no one wins..meaning no one leaves the board..i only know because i remember the thread

  8. #8
    Sea Of Hands's Avatar
    Sea Of Hands is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yosemite
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    Sea, your math isn't so good on this one. For me to lose, the Raiders would have to win 10 or more games this year. I agree I haven't won the bet yet, but the only way Swami can avoid losing is for the Raiders to win their last 4 in a row. Could happen, frankly I hope it does. All I ever really wanted was for the guy to quit being such a dick.
    Re-read the post and you're right. All I'm saying is don't count your chickens before they hatch. Weirder things have happened in the history of the NFL. I too hope the Raiders win out, but not because of the bet. I just like to see the Raiders win. If they can somehow get by the Broncos thursday night, they have punchers chance to run the table.
    Rudimus likes this.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

  9. #9
    Mr OverSt is offline
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    383
    What ever happened to team pride? I couldnt ever imagine making a bet against the Raiders. Maybe you guys should both go.
    R8RFOX, Mr Terrific and BoKnows1 like this.

  10. #10
    Rainman56's Avatar
    Rainman56 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Underground
    Posts
    6,852
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I5VhHTzJatw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


    kinz, ottomatic1 and theartoffacts like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    This is why I have Knapps back
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    No one owes woodson sh!t and I'm not sure he will ever see the HOF

  11. #11
    kinz is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr OverSt View Post
    What ever happened to team pride? I couldnt ever imagine making a bet against the Raiders. Maybe you guys should both go.
    Cheer with your heart, bet with your head.

    IMO it takes more loyalty to follow, watch, and cheer for a team you fully expect will win 5 games.
    Ratbitw likes this.

  12. #12
    foodisgood70's Avatar
    foodisgood70 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Of Hands View Post
    Re-read the post and you're right. All I'm saying is don't count your chickens before they hatch. Weirder things have happened in the history of the NFL. I too hope the Raiders win out, but not because of the bet. I just like to see the Raiders win. If they can somehow get by the Broncos thursday night, they have punchers chance to run the table.
    As far as I'm concerned, that game is our Superbowl. F*ck Manning and the Donks.

  13. #13
    Okie's Avatar
    Okie is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,730
    LoL is all i have to say!
    R8RFOX likes this.

  14. #14
    Raidermofojeff's Avatar
    Raidermofojeff is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tacoma Wa.
    Posts
    9,452
    I'm no fan of DeSwami either......but I figure maybe somewhere inside that corporate armour there must be a soul. I disagree with him 3/4 of the time or so, but sometimes he's right....He backs Reggie and so do I....
    As expected, a classy gesture from the OP.... I hope DeSwami can benefit from this gesture of decency......

  15. #15
    Sea Of Hands's Avatar
    Sea Of Hands is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yosemite
    Posts
    4,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermofojeff View Post
    I'm no fan of DeSwami either......but I figure maybe somewhere inside that corporate armour there must be a soul. I disagree with him 3/4 of the time or so, but sometimes he's right....He backs Reggie and so do I....
    As expected, a classy gesture from the OP.... I hope DeSwami can benefit from this gesture of decency......
    Classy gesture??? OP is basically saying: Kiss my azz and I'll LET you stay. Also, he mentions DaSwami's balls or lack thereof. Your definition of classy and mine are worlds apart. Honestly, I can care less about the bet or the words being typed, but classy is not an accurate description if you ask me.
    raiderLUVjen and Mr Terrific like this.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •