Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Da Swami ... The bell is about to toll

Hall of Famer

Da Swami ... The bell is about to toll

Hey Da Swami,

We have unfinished business.

Let me remind people of the story. Da Swami and I didn't see eye to eye on some things. The difference of opinion was cool by me, but I really took exception to how he acted so superior and was flat out insulting to people who didn't share his opinion. It went on for a long time. So I goaded him into a bet. He played like a little girl playing her first hand of Hold'em and after a modest initial bet by me, he pushed us "All in". The bet was as follows ...

The Raiders go 10-6 or better this year, Kinz is gine from this board for a year, the Raiders go 6-10 or less, Da Swami is gone for a year.

I won't bore you with the details of our disagreements, but will say Da Swami proved pretty wrong about plenty of things including McFadden, Knapp, players fitting the offensive scheme, and the secondary. I guess this pretty much sums it up.

Da Swami: "We are much more likely to challenge for 11-5 than go 5-11."

So Da Swami, looks like you are going to lose the bet. But tell you what. If you apologize for being such an insufferable azz to so many others, I'll let you stay. Otherwise, have a nice last rant, spew a last bit of foolish arrogance, and see you in a year and bit if you have the balls to come back.

Kinz

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    Hey Da Swami,

Let me remind people of the story. Da Swami and I didn't see eye to eye on some things. The difference of opinion was cool by me, but I really took exception to how he acted so superior and was flat out insulting to people who didn't share his opinion. It went on for a long time. So I goaded him into a bet. He played like a little girl playing her first hand of Hold'em and after a modest initial bet by me, he pushed us "All in". The bet was as follows ...

The Raiders go 10-6 or better this year, Kinz is gine from this board for a year, the Raiders go 6-10 or less, Da Swami is gone for a year.

I won't bore you with the details of our disagreements, but will say Da Swami proved pretty wrong about plenty of things including McFadden, Knapp, players fitting the offensive scheme, and the secondary. I guess this pretty much sums it up.

So Da Swami, looks like you are going to lose the bet. But tell you what. If you apologize for being such an insufferable azz to so many others, I'll let you stay. Otherwise, have a nice last rant, spew a last bit of foolish arrogance, and see you in a year and bit if you have the balls to come back.

Kinz
    Dang, I forgot about that bet. I really was rooting for swami to be right as I didnt think we would end up this bad either. I firgured anywhere between 7-9 and 10-6 this year depending on injuries and such.

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    TBH i didnt think we would be good enough to hit 11-5 but i also didnt think we would be bad enough to hit 5-11..i honestly thought we would at least hit 7 wins..

Hall of Famer
    Hey Da Swami,

Kinz
    I did the math and you have not won the bet yet. You should wait until the Raiders lose number 10 before you start singing your victory song. After reading this post, I can conclude that true justice would be you watching the Raiders run the table, which would force you into exile for a year.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

B. anthracis is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Sweet internet satisfaction. How nice it must be. I tried to make a somewhat similar bet with someone else on this board but they wouldn't take it. But it's good enough to know I would have won.

I don't recall seeing Da Swami around lately. Maybe he's already quietly imposed exile upon himself.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Of Hands View Post
    I did the math and you have not won the bet yet. You should wait until the Raiders lose number 10 before you start singing your victory song. After reading this post, I can conclude that true justice would be you watching the Raiders run the table, which would force you into exile for a year.
    Sea, your math isn't so good on this one. For me to lose, the Raiders would have to win 10 or more games this year. I agree I haven't won the bet yet, but the only way Swami can avoid losing is for the Raiders to win their last 4 in a row. Could happen, frankly I hope it does. All I ever really wanted was for the guy to quit being such a dick.
    Rudimus likes this.

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    ya im not sure he understood that 7,8, and 9 wins is a draw and no one wins..meaning no one leaves the board..i only know because i remember the thread

Hall of Famer
    Sea, your math isn't so good on this one. For me to lose, the Raiders would have to win 10 or more games this year. I agree I haven't won the bet yet, but the only way Swami can avoid losing is for the Raiders to win their last 4 in a row. Could happen, frankly I hope it does. All I ever really wanted was for the guy to quit being such a dick.
    Re-read the post and you're right. All I'm saying is don't count your chickens before they hatch. Weirder things have happened in the history of the NFL. I too hope the Raiders win out, but not because of the bet. I just like to see the Raiders win. If they can somehow get by the Broncos thursday night, they have punchers chance to run the table.
    Rudimus likes this.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

All-Pro
    What ever happened to team pride? I couldnt ever imagine making a bet against the Raiders. Maybe you guys should both go.
    R8RFOX, Mr Terrific and BoKnows1 like this.

Hall of Famer
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I5VhHTzJatw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kinz, ottomatic1 and theartoffacts like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    This is why I have Knapps back
    No one owes woodson sh!t and I'm not sure he will ever see the HOF

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr OverSt View Post
    What ever happened to team pride? I couldnt ever imagine making a bet against the Raiders. Maybe you guys should both go.
    Cheer with your heart, bet with your head.

IMO it takes more loyalty to follow, watch, and cheer for a team you fully expect will win 5 games.
    Ratbitw likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Of Hands View Post
    Re-read the post and you're right. All I'm saying is don't count your chickens before they hatch. Weirder things have happened in the history of the NFL. I too hope the Raiders win out, but not because of the bet. I just like to see the Raiders win. If they can somehow get by the Broncos thursday night, they have punchers chance to run the table.
    As far as I'm concerned, that game is our Superbowl. F*ck Manning and the Donks.

Okie is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    LoL is all i have to say!
    R8RFOX likes this.

Hall of Famer
    I'm no fan of DeSwami either......but I figure maybe somewhere inside that corporate armour there must be a soul. I disagree with him 3/4 of the time or so, but sometimes he's right....He backs Reggie and so do I....
    As expected, a classy gesture from the OP.... I hope DeSwami can benefit from this gesture of decency......

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidermofojeff View Post
    I'm no fan of DeSwami either......but I figure maybe somewhere inside that corporate armour there must be a soul. I disagree with him 3/4 of the time or so, but sometimes he's right....He backs Reggie and so do I....
    As expected, a classy gesture from the OP.... I hope DeSwami can benefit from this gesture of decency......
    Classy gesture??? OP is basically saying: Kiss my azz and I'll LET you stay. Also, he mentions DaSwami's balls or lack thereof. Your definition of classy and mine are worlds apart. Honestly, I can care less about the bet or the words being typed, but classy is not an accurate description if you ask me.
    raiderLUVjen and Mr Terrific like this.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information