Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: The players have officially given up on these coaches

kultan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by nocrabshere View Post
    This is why I will always believe a good coach makes a good team and a great coach makes a great team. Put a bad coach in it and, you get the picture.

I believe people dont know just how bad the Packers were before Lombardi got there. He turned them around his first yr and they were the worst team in football at that time. I know he would have had this team in the playoffs.
    I think great organizations that have a good owner, coach, QB and GM can be consistently competitive. Injuries can sidetrack that of course.

When you are in the high B to high A in all of the above categories you can win on a more consistent basis.

I think that there are situations that are hard to win with. Just look at a school. You can have a great teacher with a bad administration, overcrowded classes, students who aren't there to learn but to hang, no funding, textbooks that need to be shared etc. That teacher can be great but the environment is toxic so he's fighting the system AND trying to do his job and if he succeeds will do so IN SPITE of his circumstance not because of it. Great schools/jobs/teams allow for success because of how they are run not in spite of how they're run.

So as to your Lombardi statement that doesn't happen often. Bilichek wasn't Lombardi in Cleveland and I doubt Phil Jackson would be the same Phil if he was coaching the Vancouver Grizzlies. They'd be a better team though no doubt but not Chicago Bulls good. Bill Walsh wasn't great his first year neither was Jimmy Johnson or let me rephrase that by saying that they didn't have a great record.

The talent across the league is close across the board with elite QB's putting their teams in better standing. To compete we need to get better EVERYWHERE. Coaching and talent etc. Being a great chef with bad ingredients isn't getting you far. Neither is having great ingredients with a bad chef.

I think Reggie will evaluate like he said and make the necessary changes. We are looking at the last five games with a loss to Cleveland as a poor start to see how the season is finished.

ShimSham is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Penalties are down from 10.2 a game to 6.5.

big step in right direction there. firing another head coach will just say.. Al davis is gone but Raiders remain a mess.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimSham View Post
    Penalties are down from 10.2 a game to 6.5.

big step in right direction there. firing another head coach will just say.. Al davis is gone but Raiders remain a mess.
    I would rather lead the leagues in Penalties and be one game away from making the playoffs than put up with this BS.

RiedersRaiders is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kultan View Post
    As expected. Childish retort. I know that your original post was LACKING EVIDENCE and was pure SPECULATION. Thanks for the confirmation made by yourself.
    Present anywhere i said it was FACT. Calling some "childish" doesn't exclude you yourself from being "childish". But way to keep up the good fight by consistently replying with "being childish". Apply that to this team and we might actually win a few. Hey how many times can you use "retort" in a sentence???

kultan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

You know who also said that?...............

Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    Because these mofos don't have the talent to quit, If not for the Raiders they would not even be in the NFL. They have not quit they just are not good enough to make a difference. You give these stiffs to much credit.
    That's funny cat.

Gannon said the SAME THING. He said some of the body building, looking good coming off the bus guys couldn't make his Deleware team much less a team in the NFL and that was when he was playing with us on MORE TALENTED teams than we have now!!

We've made it our business to help the Mike Mitchells of the world not work a regular gig.
    We've made it our business to keep people out of the Arena football league by employing them!
    Heck we made it our business to give coaches that had no shot coaching other NFL teams a shot AT GREATNESS!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information