Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: 11/30: Q&A with Raiders General Manager Reggie McKenzie

  1. #16
    MadBomber24's Avatar
    MadBomber24 is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    13,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cosio View Post
    It's great to hear Mark Davis, Reggie McKenzie and Dennis Allen are always communicating and are all on the same page, it goes a long way to getting rid of the circus atmosphere around this organization

    Based on RM's comments, this off season will have a heavy emphasis on defensive linemen and the defensive backfield
    and looking for guys who have that leadership quality. Like he said we need impact players as well as leaders. Hopefully we get some guys who can be both!

  2. #17
    kinz is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,417
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    and looking for guys who have that leadership quality. Like he said we need impact players as well as leaders. Hopefully we get some guys who can be both!
    It is pretty worthwhile to consider just how much of a slap in the face this is to guys like

    Seymour
    Kelly
    Palmer
    Bey
    Huff
    Branch
    McFadden

    Reggie pretty much said we lack impact players and leaders. He never said we had none, but he never said we had any. Another thing to read from this is that he never went out of his way to say what we do have.

    This interview was a bitch slap to every guy on our roster pretending that they are an NFL star because they have a big contract. And that is exactly what they are doing.

  3. #18
    RAIDERSUBEEZY's Avatar
    RAIDERSUBEEZY is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    366
    I like the fact TP is going to play this year. Like the fact he said he will make the discision on Ro McLain and not him.

  4. #19
    Jimi18's Avatar
    Jimi18 is offline

    MODERATOR
    2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    39,181
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    and looking for guys who have that leadership quality. Like he said we need impact players as well as leaders. Hopefully we get some guys who can be both!
    It is pretty worthwhile to consider just how much of a slap in the face this is to guys like

    Seymour
    Kelly
    Palmer
    Bey
    Huff
    Branch
    McFadden

    Reggie pretty much said we lack impact players and leaders. He never said we had none, but he never said we had any. Another thing to read from this is that he never went out of his way to say what we do have.

    This interview was a bitch slap to every guy on our roster pretending that they are an NFL star because they have a big contract. And that is exactly what they are doing.
    Our impact players are not leaders and or leaders not impact players..
    He simply stated those players need to be both.
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

  5. #20
    Pietro's Avatar
    Pietro is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,913
    I guess some of you are easily impressed.

    After reading about halfway through, i kept thinking of Branden Frazier in Bedazzled when he was the basketball player.

    Time and time again we see post after post of Raider fans slamming each other with whose fault it is. It's Al's fault. It's RM's fault. It's DA's fault. It's the players fault.

    Is there no leadership here? Damn. For once, I would like to see someone stand up and say this is my team, I lead it, I make the decisions, if you want to blame someone blame me.

    Instead, everyone is pointing fingers. They are all to blame.

    You don't fail because of one guy and one decision. You fail because of a lack of discipline, vision, committment and leadership. That starts at the top and trickles down.

    When you say the players aren't making plays, what players? How do you think that makes them feel? Isn't leadership supposed to put their players in the best position to succeed?

    Sorry folks. I am not impressed.

    However, I don't think sacking the bunch is a good idea or in the cards. At least, not yet.

    Impressive? Not the least bit.

  6. #21
    ThirtyFour is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Pietro View Post
    You fail because of a lack of discipline, vision, committment and leadership. That starts at the top and trickles down.
    LOL after one season where the team was over the cap and had to shed talent from a roster that lacked it. Last year was uncapped and we were well over it when it kicked back in. Your post is a paradox of ignorance.
    Silver Sabbath likes this.

  7. #22
    foodisgood70's Avatar
    foodisgood70 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Pietro View Post
    Is there no leadership here? Damn. For once, I would like to see someone stand up and say this is my team, I lead it, I make the decisions, if you want to blame someone blame me.
    Did you read the transcript??

    Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    And it's our job to fix it, starting with me
    Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Totally understand that. Now it's my job to figure out how you're going to manipulate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    But guys, that part right there Iím not crying over spilled milk. Thatís no excuse to have a November because of some of the things we put forth and the way we played in Atlanta.
    Quote Originally Posted by RM View Post
    Weíre going try and get, guys, weíre going to try and upgrade at a lot of positions, depth-wise, and get some impact players. Thatís going to be on me.
    kultan, Lakim, ottomatic1 and 2 others like this.

  8. #23
    Jzero's Avatar
    Jzero is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,046
    Quote Originally Posted by foodisgood70 View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that Jesus Christ would not have put together a successful team for the Raiders this season.
    who died and made him God?

    you're right we don't need someone that can feed the team with a few loaves of bread, and we don't need someone that can walk on water, and certainly we don't need someone to turn the water jugs into over sized bottles of wine

    Since God is always asking for money, he probably can't handle the salary cap very well anyway.

    and to borrow a few lines from George Carlin ... this team needs someone who will ...

    hire castoffs, outlaws, malcontenets, and eff-ups, they have lots of penalties, fights, and paybacks, and because Al Davis told the rest of the pig NFL owners to go get ****ed. Also, they don't have a lot of Christians kneeling down to pray after touchdowns. Christians are ruining sports. Someday, the Raiders will be strong again, and they will dip the ball in **** and shove it down the throats of the wholesome, white, heartland teams that pray together and don't deliver late hits.

    We need to get back to the days of our guys dominating their guys.


    to me this all starts with talent evaluation and bringing in the right players ... Ron Wolf was the best ever, and Reggie was Mr. Wolf's understudy ... I'm gonna give Reggie a few years to see what he can do.

  9. #24
    kinz is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    6,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi18 View Post
    Our impact players are not leaders and or leaders not impact players..
    He simply stated those players need to be both.
    You read that a much different way than I read it. But importantly, I suspect a guy who fancies himself god's gift to the world would not be flattered by what reggie had to say about our current players.
    ottomatic1 likes this.

  10. #25
    foodisgood70's Avatar
    foodisgood70 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    5,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Jzero View Post
    who died and made him God?

    you're right we don't need someone that can feed the team with a few loaves of bread, and we don't need someone that can walk on water, and certainly we don't need someone to turn the water jugs into over sized bottles of wine

    Since God is always asking for money, he probably can't handle the salary cap very well anyway.

    and to borrow a few lines from George Carlin ... this team needs someone who will ...

    hire castoffs, outlaws, malcontenets, and eff-ups, they have lots of penalties, fights, and paybacks, and because Al Davis told the rest of the pig NFL owners to go get ****ed. Also, they don't have a lot of Christians kneeling down to pray after touchdowns. Christians are ruining sports. Someday, the Raiders will be strong again, and they will dip the ball in **** and shove it down the throats of the wholesome, white, heartland teams that pray together and don't deliver late hits.

    We need to get back to the days of our guys dominating their guys.


    to me this all starts with talent evaluation and bringing in the right players ... Ron Wolf was the best ever, and Reggie was Mr. Wolf's understudy ... I'm gonna give Reggie a few years to see what he can do.
    He'd probably overpay for Tebow and make him our starter anyways.

  11. #26
    POKE's Avatar
    POKE is offline
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rich City (Richmond,CA)
    Posts
    17,124
    Quote Originally Posted by foodisgood70 View Post
    After learning the things I've learned today, I have come to the conclusion that Jesus Christ would not have put together a successful team for the Raiders this season.
    Bro if Jesus had to deal with the bum Oakland Raiders he would probaly convert to Buddism......lol.

  12. #27
    ottomatic1's Avatar
    ottomatic1 is offline

    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    willow springs raceway
    Posts
    4,084
    Blog Entries
    3
    This was Reggie McKenzie saying The buck stops here. In so many words he told me that HE is responsible for this team. When it really comes down to it whatever the fates hold for this team HE is to blame.

    He also lets me know just how hard it was to put a cap on this team for the 2012 season. " i wouldnt wish this on any man, except maybe if he was in the division" speaks volumes to me and was funny as hell.

    He didn't throw anyone under the bus, well maybe a little if you consider him saying the players have to execute a couple few times. To me that is just being captain obvious .

    set my mind at ease a bit. good interview for him.



    "The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
    The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
    The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
    A. A. Milne

  13. #28
    Pietro's Avatar
    Pietro is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,913
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyFour View Post
    LOL after one season where the team was over the cap and had to shed talent from a roster that lacked it. Last year was uncapped and we were well over it when it kicked back in. Your post is a paradox of ignorance.
    Thank you, for your comment.

    May I offer a suggestion. You don't have to agree with anything I say or what anyone else says. That's 101 for forums and opinions. However, it is inappropriate to make comments such as yours that offer a personal attack (accusing me of being ignorant).

    You know nothing about me, who I am, what I do and what I am about. Therefore, please keep your comments courteous and respecful.

    We can agree to disagree and that is it. This forum is for fun, entertainment and sharing thoughts and opinions.
    kinz and Sardonicus like this.

  14. #29
    Sardonicus's Avatar
    Sardonicus is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by Pietro View Post
    Thank you, for your comment.

    May I offer a suggestion. You don't have to agree with anything I say or what anyone else says. That's 101 for forums and opinions. However, it is inappropriate to make comments such as yours that offer a personal attack (accusing me of being ignorant).

    You know nothing about me, who I am, what I do and what I am about. Therefore, please keep your comments courteous and respecful.

    We can agree to disagree and that is it. This forum is for fun, entertainment and sharing thoughts and opinions.
    Good post.

    It's funny how those taking personal shots at people, by calling them ignorant and saying they know nothing about football and such, are slowly being proven wrong in several areas. For example, McKenzie already said himself he expects to see Pryor play in order to evaluate him, but those asking for Pryor to play before this were called just about every name in the book. And all you have to do is go back and read what posters were called when they expressed concern over matters such as how we looked in the preseason and that this coaching staff looked clueless. Some said we looked bad on defense and were primed to give up a lot of points during the regular season, but their football I.Q. was questioned all over the place because it was preseason.

    But regarding your original point, I do find it funny how a lot of individuals, behind the safety of internet anonymity, are so quick to insult someone. Just read some of the hateful comments not just here, to fellow Raider fans, no less, but also on blogs and youtube vids.

    I never, and I mean never, had anyone address me face-to-face the way some people do on the web. I wonder why that is...

  15. #30
    ThirtyFour is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    839
    Quote Originally Posted by Pietro View Post
    Thank you, for your comment.

    May I offer a suggestion. You don't have to agree with anything I say or what anyone else says. That's 101 for forums and opinions. However, it is inappropriate to make comments such as yours that offer a personal attack (accusing me of being ignorant).

    You know nothing about me, who I am, what I do and what I am about. Therefore, please keep your comments courteous and respecful.

    We can agree to disagree and that is it. This forum is for fun, entertainment and sharing thoughts and opinions.

    You have a GM talking about how it's his job to get the players, the coaches job to coach them, and the players to make the plays. He takes full accountability in his PC for his job. But you, you're not impressed even though he's doing exactly what you wanted him to do. Even though the GM was flat honest before the season and during the season about the issues the team faced and talks about the last 4 games and how it's not acceptable.

    You say you wanted accountability from the top down, they're giving it to you, and you, you're not impressed.
    Your post was a paradox of ignorance.

    I mean really, if you don't want your post called ignorant, don't write an ignorant post. And never once I did call you ignorant, just your post. Here's my advice. Don't get so bent out of shape over a forum post you feel the need to write some reply as if you're in a position to lecture someone you don't know online. Cause really, I just see it as you need to make better posts.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •