Like Tree30Likes

Thread: QB Pryor might finally get a chance to suit up

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board

QB Pryor might finally get a chance to suit up

JimmyJazz likes this.
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Pro Bowler
    If Palmer cant play and they put in Leintard I swear to god that will be the last straw, there is absolutely no point in playing that guy. He will not be here next year and if Palmer is down it is the perfect opporunity to see if Pryor should be here next year as well. I am not for starting Pryor over palmer but at this point in our season where winning does not matter one little bit, we could take this opportunity to evaluate Pryor and see if he even has a chance of remaining on this team. If he plays like crap the rest of the season and shows no promise he should be gone as well.
    trueraiderfan17 likes this.

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer

All-Pro
    It will tell us a lot about our people we are trusting who they start if Palmer can't. I personally think its a no brainer to start Pryor, BUT I also think it was a no brainer to switch back to pbs and well we know how that is going.
    raider_kin62 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JD707 View Post
    If Palmer cant play and they put in Leintard I swear to god that will be the last straw, there is absolutely no point in playing that guy. He will not be here next year and if Palmer is down it is the perfect opporunity to see if Pryor should be here next year as well. I am not for starting Pryor over palmer but at this point in our season where winning does not matter one little bit, we could take this opportunity to evaluate Pryor and see if he even has a chance of remaining on this team. If he plays like crap the rest of the season and shows no promise he should be gone as well.
    I see why you are disappointed, but when does a team ever start it's 3rd string quarterback when the starter goes down? Let Pryor get some plays in, maybe even the last quarter, but you don't skip over the second string quarterback. Am I wrong on this one? Also, why assume that Leinart won't be back?

Chairman of the Board
    A sore thumb is not keeping Palmer out lets be realistic
    Jimi18 and Idaho Raider like this.

Pro Bowler
    Because Leinart is horrible and shouldnt play in the NFL much like the majority of Oaklands roster, watching him play is like torture. And skipping over "2nd" string guy does happen when the goal is not to win but to evaluate talent. I also agree that a sore thumb is not what is going to keep Palmer out of the game, teams exagerate injuries from time to time to play back ups and evaluate talent and to avoid injury to starters when seasons are lost which is what I believe they are doing with Palmer, rather than say we are sitting Palmer so that people will talk less about a QB debate.

In my humble opinion on the QB situation in Oakland, sit palmer call it an injury, what ever. Play Pryor and see what he has going into the off season to see if he is even worth keeping around. Drop Leinart at the end of the season. If Pryor sucks it up in the last remaining games cut him in the off season and draft a new QB to take his place and end the Pryor experiment. Leinart should not throw another ball in silver and black unless Palmer and Pryor are unable to play.

Just my opinion, we are officialy OUT this season may as well start preparing for the off season because this team has a LOT of work to do no reason to wait.

Edit*** most importantly at least it will be interesting to watch if they do this, because watching the same ol' being blown out is not.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JD707 View Post
    I don't see a problem with starting Leinart. The team has to take a look at all the QB's on the roster to see who they will bring back next year as there's the possibility that one, two, or even al three could be gone. If Leinart comes in and has a nice game then you can consider bringing him back as 2nd string next year. If he falters you can throw Pryor in and see if he's worth keeping around past this season. Throwing in Pryor and possibly completely embarrassing the team in front of their home fans against a winnable opponent isn't exactly what I would call good business.
    raider_kin62 likes this.

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

QB Pryor might finally get a chance to suit up

Leinhart would start there is no way they would let a guy who's had 1 snap in his NFL career start. Leinhart may only play till the half but he will be the starter. Pryor will have his chance before they decide what to do with him.

Pro Bowler
    In all honesty I dont think a team can fall deeper into embarrassment than this orginization is right now. Watching these last games has been seriously more than people can handle, hence black out. I am personaly convinced that Leinart is not an NFL QB but I dont exactly qualify for GM or HC jobs in the NFL lol. I would rather see what Pryor can do since I have allready seen what Leinart cant do. If they both suck it up than they should both be gone, I am just tired of this team carrying so much dead weight either by untalented or unmotivated players. I like Pryors attitude and what I have seen from his ethic now I want to see if that is translating into ability.

Serves 2 fold for me, keeps Palmer from unnecessary injuries and lets us know what direction to move for #2 and #3 QB next season. Plus entertainment value.

ShadowRage41 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Suits me if they start Pryor, the remainder of the season is about as relevant for the Raiders as the pre-season is. Damn shame this far into the season ONCE AGAIN the Raiders are evaluating talent looking to rebuild. ooorah.

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Is NoClapsPlease.........Rich Gannon?

Rich just said this on the radio..

"Its time for the Raiders to evaluate Pryor. They should move Pryor over Leinart so that Pryor can get reps in practice as 2nd string. Let him get more work on the Thursday and Friday practices. Then let him get a few plays in the the next couple games......then hopefully he's ready to start the last three games."

Wow...Rich...Wow...

SoBruTal_ is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    haters gone hate
    huggeebear likes this.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    5 NFL teams started a rookie QB this season. Pryor is not even a rookie, he is in his 2nd year.

Quote Originally Posted by MDR8ERFAN View Post
    Leinhart would start there is no way they would let a guy who's had 1 snap in his NFL career start. Leinhart may only play till the half but he will be the starter. Pryor will have his chance before they decide what to do with him.

BigPrimo is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    Almost seems like they are dangling Pryor over our heads to get us to show up.
    VaderIsARaider likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information