Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Interesting little story about Reggie..

TerryDizzle is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Interesting little story about Reggie..

Not sure if this means anything but at the time it did to me...

I went to the atl game and got to my seats pretty early as did alot of the Raiders fans..

i was standing next to a dude that was pretty loud and kinda drunk..

he tells me hes been drunk since the day before off and on and then mentions he had drinks with Reggie..

i was like yeah ok dude..

then he proceeds to tell me yeah and btw i drank with him (Reggie) all night and we even went to a waffle house after..
    he said the dude HAS to be hungover if not still drunk..he said he drank like a champ..

at this point im still ..whatever dude..

then this guy pulls out the pics...

i was suprised as hell ..this guy literally had all these pics with Reggie and him livn it up..

I was happy for the guy but instead of being happy i got abit confused..I remember Reggie saying he worked early mornings and was old school worker etc etc..

maybe he was just havn a good time but it had me thinking ..the night before the atl game your gonna be gettn trashed ..Maybe theres nothing to see here maybe im over thinking this..
    maybe he can recover quick enough for the game...im a mans man i know whats up...

But it did suprise me ..and all this crap we are dealing with has me on edge with RM anyway..

I hope he proves me wrong here..or strengthns my confidence..

Watchng atl lastnight just had me wondering..is Blank going out and getting trashed the night before..does ATL have thier **** together..

I hope we can get back to that kind of play...

wrote this just for conversations purposes not really trying to prove a point ..also stuck in Dallas airport..lol

Hall of Famer
    Any one know what time his press conference is at today or if it is still scheduled?

danax is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    He always looks and sounds hungover. Maybe he started drinking heavily once he took this job.
    kultan and UptownXguy3 like this.

2006, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryDizzle View Post

I went to the atl game and got to my seats pretty early as did alot of the Raiders fans..

he tells me hes been drunk since the day before off and on and then mentions he had drinks with Reggie..

then he proceeds to tell me yeah and btw i drank with him (Reggie) all night and we even went to a waffle house after..
    he said the dude HAS to be hungover if not still drunk..he said he drank like a champ..

i was suprised as hell ..this guy literally had all these pics with Reggie and him livn it up..

I was happy for the guy but instead of being happy i got abit confused..I remember Reggie saying he worked early mornings and was old school worker etc etc..

maybe he was just havn a good time but it had me thinking ..the night before the atl game your gonna be gettn trashed ..Maybe theres nothing to see here maybe im over thinking this..
    maybe he can recover quick enough for the game...im a mans man i know whats up...

But it did suprise me ..and all this crap we are dealing with has me on edge with RM anyway..

Watchng atl lastnight just had me wondering..is Blank going out and getting trashed the night before..does ATL have thier **** together..

wrote this just for conversations purposes not really trying to prove a point ..also stuck in Dallas airport..lol
    I bet it was his twin brother.. Doesn't sound like Reggie's style.
    Don't let what you can't do, stop you from doing what you can do!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by R8RFOX View Post
    I bet it was his twin brother.. Doesn't sound like Reggie's style.
    LOL. I was going to mention his twin, as well!!

Hall of Famer
    So a professional GM with a million dollar salary goes out partying on a team road trip, including stumbling around Waffle House in the wee hours like a smashed 20 year old college student?

That just sounds crazy, if it really was Reggie ill finally agree with some of the other members on here that we need another regime change, because thats just flat out stupid behavior for a man in Reggie's position.

raidernation_79 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Interesting little story about Reggie..

Why does it matter. Afternoon for games, he doesn't play. Quite frankly a gm does nothin durin a game but watch. Who cares if he had a few beers.
    we will return to glory this year and beyond.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raidernation_79 View Post
    Why does it matter. Afternoon for games, he doesn't play. Quite frankly a gm does nothin durin a game but watch. Who cares if he had a few beers.
    What him said.

Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist. -George Carlin-

Lestermahoney is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    My BS meter just redlined.

Hall of Famer
    As long as he's not drinking during the draft like the Raiders have been the past 15 seasons I'm ok with him drinking before a game. He could be drunk during the game and it's not going to affect the players. I swear some people find the dumbest things to complain about. This is like your co-workers finding out your manager drinks after work and everybody wanting a new manager, FOR WHAT? What Reggie does on his off time is his business if he wants to get drunk and hang out let the man get drunk and hang out. I had no clue that it was forbidden for somebody to get drunk on their off time........................................
    "If your going through HELL, keep going"
    -Winston Churchill-

Raiders Baby! is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by raidernation_79 View Post

I bet when they're watching they're just trying to get a "feel for the game". What was the tone of the game, what happened in each quarter, who on first glance performed well? etc. They really watch the games over and over and over again on film. I hope he wasn't stumbling around like a school girl but I am not going to fault the guy for engaging in a legal activity without knowing anything else.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
    As long as he's not drinking during the draft like the Raiders have been the past 15 seasons I'm ok with him drinking before a game. He could be drunk during the game and it's not going to affect the players. I swear some people find the dumbest things to complain about. This is like your co-workers finding out your manager drinks after work and everybody wanting a new manager, FOR WHAT? What Reggie does on his off time is his business if he wants to get drunk and hang out let the man get drunk and hang out. I had no clue that it was forbidden for somebody to get drunk on their off time........................................
    A Raider road trip to play the Falcons isn't off time, not by a long shot.

He travels on the team jet, stays at the team hotel, that was a a business trip for the Raiders when your business is playing football.

Dinner and few drinks with friends would be OK, but thats not what the OP described, he was out partying getting drunk like a frat boy when everyone at the team hotel would be asleep.

Not OK for the leader of the franchise.

Again, not sure im buying the story to be true.

Chairman of the Board
    Maybe it was George Atkinson. That dude always sounds drunk!!

raidertone is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryDizzle View Post

Sounds like BS to me...so the guy had a few pics of Reggie or his twin. Doesn't mean he was out running around like a drunk co-ed. That drunk bastard u sat next to was probably just exagerating....

dry23 is offline Banned
    Veteran
    The good ol' "I had my picture taken with xxxx" turned into "I partied with xxxx"
    RaiderFunk likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information