Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Dennis Allen

MaxxxPayne is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

Dennis Allen

According to Jason LaConfora, McClain was booted from practice after the two got into a heated argument.

Personally, I don't mind seeing Rolando being released, although he has played better the last couple of weeks.
    My main concern is that Dennis Allen may be losing control of his team. I don't attend practices, but one can just sense that the players don't respect this guy.
    Before DA was hired, I felt the Raiders needed a guy that would get in their faces, and get them fired up (a Bill Cower, Will Muschamp, Bo Pelini kind of guy). DA has proven to be the EXACT opposite of that guy; but to his credit, this team IS NOT loaded with talent, and I would go as far as saying we are at the bottom 32 in terms of overall talent on the field.

I guess my questions are,
    Do you guys believe in Dennis Allen?
    Have you given up on Dennis Allen?

Personally, I no longer (i did at one point) believe that DA is the right guy for this organization; BUT, I wouldn't be mad if he was kept a couple more seasons to see if he can prove he is a worthy head coach.

kauai808 is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

Dennis Allen

Why don't we get bill cower? Haven't heard his name in awhile.
    MaxxxPayne likes this.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kauai808 View Post
    I was literally (and I'm being serious) praying that he would be announced as the head coach of the Oakland Raiders after Hue was let go.
    Mostly because I felt (and still feel) that he is the best man for the job; but slightly because I wanted to see how Steelers fans would react (I hate the steelers).

Starter

Dennis Allen

I'm all for keeping a coach for more then one year if there is a glimmer of hope his first season. Haven't seen too much glimmer this year and would love to have cower or any hard nosed coach next year.

rex388 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kauai808 View Post
    I thought I heard if he came back he wanted to have a winning team on his hands. I am 90% postive that what I heard before DA signed on nfl am.

coRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    cowher seems to be pretty comfy in his tv position. its been 5 years and countless hc positions have opened up and he hasn't budged. i think he stays where he is at.
    as for this team. i don't think da has lost them. well let me quantify that. i don't think that da has lost any of the guys that are in the teams future plans. i think that if there is guys that he has lost it is the same guys that throw the towel in (so to speak) every year. the dad weight guys that we need to cut and move on from in the first place.
    i still have faith in da and reggie and believe that they will be the guys that turn this thing around. dunno about several players knapp and tarver
    DSOTM and RaiderXLeo like this.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    What proven HC in their right fvcking mind would want to come to Oakland and take over this fvcking mess?

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM View Post
    What proven HC in their right fvcking mind would want to come to Oakland and take over this fvcking mess?
    One that wants a big payday? I say pay them whatever they want.

Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxPayne View Post
    According to Jason LaConfora, McClain was booted from practice after the two got into a heated argument.

Personally, I don't mind seeing Rolando being released, although he has played better the last couple of weeks.
    My main concern is that Dennis Allen may be losing control of his team. I don't attend practices, but one can just sense that the players don't respect this guy.
    Before DA was hired, I felt the Raiders needed a guy that would get in their faces, and get them fired up (a Bill Cower, Will Muschamp, Bo Pelini kind of guy). DA has proven to be the EXACT opposite of that guy; but to his credit, this team IS NOT loaded with talent, and I would go as far as saying we are at the bottom 32 in terms of overall talent on the field.

I guess my questions are,
    Do you guys believe in Dennis Allen?
    Have you given up on Dennis Allen?

Personally, I no longer (i did at one point) believe that DA is the right guy for this organization; BUT, I wouldn't be mad if he was kept a couple more seasons to see if he can prove he is a worthy head coach.
    Yeah he was booted from the field after an argument, but what was the argument about? That's what the real question should be. As one who is aware of what happened, I have absolutely no problem with McClain's punishment to date, and I suspect others in the know would also agree. After McClain's actions, he has no place in the NFL. He is lucky that no one from the Raiders has publicly outed what happened, the Raiders have handled this with the utmost of professionalism. The same however cannot be said of McClain. This is simply a case of a guy thinking he's bigger than the team, and DA has held him accountable to his actions. The players who will be here next year have not given up on DA, that's for sure. And the ones who have, well they'll not only be out of a job at the Raiders: they'll be out of a job in the entire league.
    "If you want something, go get it. Don't let anyone convince you that it's impossible. Make the impossible possible. Do whatever's needed to make it happen. Go at it with both hands, take it in stride, and hit paydirt....."
    ME 11-19-2009

Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    Yeah he was booted from the field after an argument, but what was the argument about? That's what the real question should be. As one who is aware of what happened, I have absolutely no problem with McClain's punishment to date, and I suspect others in the know would also agree. After McClain's actions, he has no place in the NFL. He is lucky that no one from the Raiders has publicly outed what happened, the Raiders have handled this with the utmost of professionalism. The same however cannot be said of McClain. This is simply a case of a guy thinking he's bigger than the team, and DA has held him accountable to his actions. The players who will be here next year have not given up on DA, that's for sure. And the ones who have, well they'll not only be out of a job at the Raiders: they'll be out of a job in the entire league.
    Two questions:
    How do you know what actually happened?
    and
    What actually happened?

not trying to be rude, I just genuinely want to know.

Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxPayne View Post
    Two questions:
    How do you know what actually happened?
    and
    What actually happened?

not trying to be rude, I just genuinely want to know.
    Not going to say what happened but check your PM.
    "If you want something, go get it. Don't let anyone convince you that it's impossible. Make the impossible possible. Do whatever's needed to make it happen. Go at it with both hands, take it in stride, and hit paydirt....."
    ME 11-19-2009

Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

Jermeh is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    I don't think DA is losing control of the team, Palmer pointed out that the team is still hungry and I believe that.

anyone whose going to be fighting themselves and the team just needs to leave better now and in the post season then any other time. I like this tradition of hauling in more passionate and smart players.

ever since i started to see Mcclain getting less playing time I knew it was a matter of time before he was gone. Mcclain leaving in a blaze of facebook fury does not account for how the rest of the team feels.

I'm glad hes expected to be eliminated from the roster, the only thing we can do this season is ride it out and keep our attitude positive. This is not the end of the world, the professionals will hold there composure.

as far as DA he is deserving of one more year to prove his ability, if RM was to boot him next year, it really makes him look bad and not sure what hes doing and he needs one more year to prove himself

Reggie's job right now is to hold some stability in the team and get us some talent in the draft.
    Chewy316 likes this.

BigPrimo is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM View Post
    Ill say this, the Coach and QB that comes and turns this franchise around will possible go down as the greatest Ever. Not only will they be the most celebrated by the fans and they may be the most Hated by the opposition and Media. They will be the most talked about every where.
    MaxxxPayne and Jermeh like this.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPrimo View Post
    Ill say this, the Coach and QB that comes and firms this franchise around will possible go down as the greatest Ever. Not only will they be the most celibate by is fans but they may be the most Hated by the opposition and Media. They will be the most talked about every where.
    True

Jermeh is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPrimo View Post
    Ill say this, the Coach and QB that comes and firms this franchise around will possible go down as the greatest Ever. Not only will they be the most celibate by is fans but they may be the most Hated by the opposition and Media. They will be the most talked about every where.
    cant agree more, its not until you find the coach and "his" qb will we see a change and chance at some great years to come.

it hurts right now to wait and wait, but im sure it will be worth it.

the only really annoying thing is having to shrug off all these niner fans, i pick on the bandwagon fans but despite that im waiting for our time to shine!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information