Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Dennis Allen

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Allen was not qualified to be a head coach, so everything that has followed his hiring, including the disorganized and unprepared "team" fans have seen on the field this season, is understandable.
    Getting in players faces and "firing them up" doesn't work. What does work is smart coaching of useful techniques, efficient use of practice time, and sensible game strategy. Dennis Allen has done none of this and the Raider players know it.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxPayne View Post
    According to Jason LaConfora, McClain was booted from practice after the two got into a heated argument.

Personally, I don't mind seeing Rolando being released, although he has played better the last couple of weeks.
    My main concern is that Dennis Allen may be losing control of his team. I don't attend practices, but one can just sense that the players don't respect this guy.
    Before DA was hired, I felt the Raiders needed a guy that would get in their faces, and get them fired up (a Bill Cower, Will Muschamp, Bo Pelini kind of guy). DA has proven to be the EXACT opposite of that guy; but to his credit, this team IS NOT loaded with talent, and I would go as far as saying we are at the bottom 32 in terms of overall talent on the field.

I guess my questions are,
    Do you guys believe in Dennis Allen?
    Have you given up on Dennis Allen?

Personally, I no longer (i did at one point) believe that DA is the right guy for this organization; BUT, I wouldn't be mad if he was kept a couple more seasons to see if he can prove he is a worthy head coach.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    Not going to say what happened but check your PM.
    UH OH! lol!

Very interesting indeed, is this something that may be in premium?

Pro Bowler

Dennis Allen

If DA is let go what coach would want to come here knowing its a one and done type of deal. Keep DA for at least two seasons. We have a first year GM and first year coach. Who honestly thought we'd be atop the west. The talent is here its just about getting 100% out of the players and putting them in a position to succeed

HitHardHitLow is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kauai808 View Post
    One that wants a big payday? I say pay them whatever they want.
    I would rather a coach who wants to step into the position and has the passion to turn this team around and play the way the Raiders should play instead of a guy coming in just collecting a big pay check.
    HITMAN likes this.

Hall of Famer
    I respect Hue Jackson so much more now considering he got to 8-8 with most of the same roster. Hue was all offense because his D was run by a chimp. Now we really have NO strengths! We arent great in the run game. Pass Game. We dont dominate on D. We have no identity. I blame the coaching staff. For sake of perceived continuity we need to change both Coordinators!!!!

hellbound is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    Allen was not qualified to be a head coach, so everything that has followed his hiring, including the disorganized and unprepared "team" fans have seen on the field this season, is understandable.
    Getting in players faces and "firing them up" doesn't work. What does work is smart coaching of useful techniques, efficient use of practice time, and sensible game strategy. Dennis Allen has done none of this and the Raider players know it.
    Basically what you're saying is, you have submitted your resume for the HC position of the Oakland Raiders. You know...since you seem to know more about being a HC than someone that is an actual HC in the NFL

hellbound is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    Yeah he was booted from the field after an argument, but what was the argument about? That's what the real question should be. As one who is aware of what happened, I have absolutely no problem with McClain's punishment to date, and I suspect others in the know would also agree. After McClain's actions, he has no place in the NFL. He is lucky that no one from the Raiders has publicly outed what happened, the Raiders have handled this with the utmost of professionalism. The same however cannot be said of McClain. This is simply a case of a guy thinking he's bigger than the team, and DA has held him accountable to his actions. The players who will be here next year have not given up on DA, that's for sure. And the ones who have, well they'll not only be out of a job at the Raiders: they'll be out of a job in the entire league.
    My guess is McClain got called out, didnt like it & tried calling out the HC or if reports are true with a "heated" argument maybe he even took it a step or two farther?

Hall of Famer
    I posted this 2 weeks ago that DA has lost the team. The team has NO respect for this rookie coach and he needs to be replaced!

I hope it's as obvious to our GM as it is to us!!

BigPrimo is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    Did he go Sprewell?

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by twoutrally View Post
    I posted this 2 weeks ago that DA has lost the team. The team has NO respect for this rookie coach and he needs to be replaced!

I hope it's as obvious to our GM as it is to us!!
    These are most likely the same players that have quit on the team over and over, why not get rid of them instead of the coach?

How many times did we are defense basically give up last yr only to to the offense dam near pull out a win

Hall of Famer
    DA just isn't a good coach. Period. Just look at our record and the scoreboard. Remember McDaniels in Denver? All the potential in the world but he just wasn't a good coach. There's a reason there is only 32 of these jobs in the world. Not everyone can do it. I don't personally dislike Allen, he just isn't cut out to be a head coach in the NFL. That is a fact.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by kauai808 View Post
    One that wants a big payday? I say pay them whatever they want.
    And what would be the advantage to doing that?
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    And most of the players on this roster haven't played up to their capabilities over their tenure as Raiders and this has been for more than one coach, so yeah let's fire the coach again and keep overpriced over overhyped primma donnas on the roster again... Player get paid huge sums of money to perform week in and week out, when that doesn't happen you usually get rid of the dead weight first!

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Xizen47 is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    DA just isn't a good coach. Period. Just look at our record and the scoreboard.
    I wonder how many people said this about Jimmy Johnson and the 1-15 1989 Cowboys team?

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    DA just isn't a good coach. Period. Just look at our record and the scoreboard. Remember McDaniels in Denver? All the potential in the world but he just wasn't a good coach. There's a reason there is only 32 of these jobs in the world. Not everyone can do it. I don't personally dislike Allen, he just isn't cut out to be a head coach in the NFL. That is a fact.
    You could say that about every coach since Callahan... and most of those guys got at least (2) years

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information