Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Allen on McClain: ‘There’s going to be consequences to his actions’

Napo is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board

Allen on McClain: ‘There’s going to be consequences to his actions’

Allen on McClain: ‘There’s going to be consequences to his actions’ - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

By Steve Corkran
    Thursday, November 29th, 2012 at 3:11 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Raiders coach Dennis Allen was peppered with questions about middle linebacker Rolando McClain on Thursday. To little avail. Allen offered little insight into what precipitated McClain missing practice the past two days and vowed to remain tight-lipped.
    Allen did say that the Raiders asked McClain to stay away from practice today, and McClain complied. Beyond that, not much else other than the fact that “there’s going to be consequences to his actions.”
    What those actions were, Allen wouldn’t say.
    “We have to make a decision, and I really don’t want to get into the details of what we’re going to do,” Allen said.
    When pressed, Allen said the decision will be an organizational one, meaning owner Mark Davis and general manager Reggie McKenzie will be involved on some level.
    Allen said he spoke with McClain today and that McClain was not present at the team’s facility in Alameda. McClain still is on the team’s 53-man roster.
    Someone asked Allen if it wouldn’t just be in the team’s best interest to get things over with and waive McClain sooner rather than later. And whether letting the situation linger sends the wrong signal.
    “I’m not sure what signal anybody’s looking for,” Allen said. “We’re going to make a decision, and that’s what we’re going to do.”
    McClain could not be reached for contact.
    here is the VIDEO Coach Allen Thursday
    Last edited by Jimi18; 11-29-2012 at 04:10 PM.

inphinity is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    come on lets get this **** over with! dude needs to pack his bags.
    Jimi18 likes this.

smucky is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    McClain's childish posts on facebook or whatever just show his maturity (beyond the whole shooting thing). You're hired by an organization and paid millions of dollars for not doing a whole lot. They let you go, you say thank you and move on. Be professional.

Musiqmix is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

Sounds like the same old Raider organization with the whole keeping secrets and denying everything. As time passes I wonder if Al Davis was truly and solely responsible for the terrible organization that the Raiders have become. Because a lot of what we blamed AL for in the past still seems to be happening. Oh well.
    Worrier likes this.

Luca_Brasi is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    DA finally showing some balls after taking all the players crap the whole season.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Hall of Famer
    No reason to believe its true, but I have a sick feeling in my stomach Mark Davis is the reason why Ro is still here. God I hope this isn't the case. Maybe I'm just imagining the worst possible things, like someone with a cough being sure they have end stage lung cancer.
    cheapshotartist likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    No reason to believe its true, but I have a sick feeling in my stomach Mark Davis is the reason why Ro is still here. God I hope this isn't the case. Maybe I'm just imagining the worst possible things, like someone with a cough being sure they have end stage lung cancer.
    If that's the case say bye to Allen at the end of the season.

Hall of Famer
    It's moments like this, when I look back at the Lane Kiffin days... at least he wasn't afraid to put his cards on the table. It's not about McClain's play on the field... this is something personal. Maybe McClain said something about DA's mama, who knows.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Musiqmix View Post
    Sounds like the same old Raider organization with the whole keeping secrets and denying everything. As time passes I wonder if Al Davis was truly and solely responsible for the terrible organization that the Raiders have become. Because a lot of what we blamed AL for in the past still seems to be happening. Oh well.
    As I've said before, that's a huge stretch. This year the Raiders had practices open to the public for the first time. You're not going to find too many teams airing out their dirty laundry for all to see. What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Musiqmix View Post
    I don't think so -- roster moves released to the public; open practices; cutting "scholarship" players. It's a new day in Oakland. Yes, this season is testing your patience as a Raider fan, but the darkest days are before the dawn. Did we think the ending of the Al Davis era (really THE only era the Raiders have been in) would be easy?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by foodisgood70 View Post
    As I've said before, that's a huge stretch. This year the Raiders had practices open to the public for the first time. You're not going to find too many teams airing out their dirty laundry for all to see. What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room.
    Absolutely correct. It amazes me that just because some tidbit of info got leaked out that some folks actually just EXPECT the Raiders to "put everything out on the table for others to see". I guess they expect Microsoft to tell other companies what they plan to add to Windows 9, for Apple to tell other companies their iPhone 6 plans, etc. etc.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    added video link to OP
    Mytruckhercar and JimmyJazz like this.
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    As you say there is no reason to believe Mark Davis is involved; and I don't believe he is. However, I have to chuckle to myself that, once again, the Raiders simply won't just cut the f**cker! They always stretch this crap out for no reason. Geez, get this shat over with. Cut him NOW!

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by RunOvrByHubbard View Post
    I don't think so -- roster moves released to the public; open practices; cutting "scholarship" players. It's a new day in Oakland. Yes, this season is testing your patience as a Raider fan, but the darkest days are before the dawn. Did we think the ending of the Al Davis era (really THE only era the Raiders have been in) would be easy?
    Word, fans are acting like we won the division last season when in reality we went from 7-4 to 8-8.

Disclaimer: Any of my comments posted here are not directed at any RFN members. It's just my opinion.

http://youtu.be/d29VsG35DQM
    Practice?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information