Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Allen on McClain: ‘There’s going to be consequences to his actions’

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by mike taylor View Post
    Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Raiders players tell me McClain was informed this morning and they believe the suspension was for more than just this week

Jay Glazer Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Raiders are NOT releasing Rolando McClain, instead however the team has suspended him for conduct detrimental

LMAO... this team is run by some pussies man. The dude practically says he's quitting, but NOPE, we're still keeping him!!
    Do you understand that by suspending him they don't pay him? Do you understand that by cutting him right now they take a bigger cap hit than by just releasing him at the end of the season citing the reason *Detrimental to the team* Get a clue
    stork44 and RaiderAg like this.

Hall of Famer
    Suspending him without pay, then releasing him after the season (at that time that best works with the cap) is fine for me. Just simply smart business. But if this guy plays another down in a Raider uniform, I will have lost all hope in this team until it is sold to someone else.
    trur8r and JUSTWINBABY9111 like this.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    Suspending him without pay, then releasing him after the season (at that time that best works with the cap) is fine for me. Just simply smart business. But if this guy plays another down in a Raider uniform, I will have lost all hope in this team until it is sold to someone else.
    I don't see any possible way that they can keep him after all of this. If they are suspending him for he rest of the season and then cut him at the years end, I love it. He doesn't just get to go somewhere right away, he will not be paid while gone. To me it's a nice FU to McClain.
    trur8r likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    I don't see any possible way that they can keep him after all of this. If they are suspending him for he rest of the season and then cut him at the years end, I love it. He doesn't just get to go somewhere right away, he will not be paid while gone. To me it's a nice FU to McClain.
    Exactly!! Guess who's laughing now Rolando

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    ^ Agree.

To me, this season has been largely about what is coming these last 5 weeks. Sorting out the sh*t on this team while retaining some semblance of poise. This is when we see what Reggie is like, whether the meek and mild DA will grow the balls to fight for the team and his job, and whether Mark will support them and stay out of the way while they do what needs doing.

BleedSnB is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Suspending instead of releasing also gives the Raiders the option of attempting to trade him after the season. I know that most teams/gm's wouldn't go near him, but with his charges getting dropped there might be that one coach out there that thinks he can solve the Ro puzzle, and will give up a draft pick to make sure he gets him.

I'm thinking we need a renegade owner that freely overspends on big names and his team needs a LB..... sounds like Reggie needs to call Jerry Jones.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedSnB View Post
    Suspending instead of releasing also gives the Raiders the option of attempting to trade him after the season. I know that most teams/gm's wouldn't go near him, but with his charges getting dropped there might be that one coach out there that thinks he can solve the Ro puzzle, and will give up a draft pick to make sure he gets him.

I'm thinking we need a renegade owner that freely overspends on big names and his team needs a LB..... sounds like Reggie needs to call Jerry Jones.
    The rolodex for this one has two names on it. One is dead, the other is a defensive backs coach in Cinci.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 Lombardis View Post
    How in the world do you know that?
    Ok, how many other teams do you know of that would have kept him? He's an underperforming, immature, selfish player that's getting paid to be a leader and a starter in the NFL

He's been in the league long enough to know better yet got arrested for doing something that a teenager would know how to avoid. His so called leadership skills came with baggage from Alabama and doesn't know how to handle the media.

His play has slipped every year he's been in Oakland and even looks like he's avoiding his job by missing tackles on purpose. His conditioning is about as good as a 50 year old man and has the wheels of a senior citizen on the field. He bites the hand that feeds him publicly and has no qualms about yelling at the HC when his performance sucks

I don't see how any team would have kept McClain at his current salary or position with what he's done on and off the field. Benching him should have been the minimum when he shows up to work like he has for the past couple seasons

Hall of Famer
    I posted this in another thread, but since this appears to be the main thread about this idiot, here you go:

An assessment from someone who watches a lot of film:

"He's been awful," NFL Films' Greg Cosell said. "He's arguably the worst starting 4-3 middle linebacker in the NFL. He can't move. ... He doesn't play with any quick twitch at all. He's almost plodding in his movements."

Link: Raiders' McClain project didn't work out - SFGate

TFDRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Not only do the Raiders not have to pay him and improve their cap for next season, they don't reward McClain by allowing him to possibly play for a playoff squad. Great decision by Reggie McKenzie.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information