Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Silver & Black Out This Week - Game not sold out

  1. #1
    thatraider707's Avatar
    thatraider707 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,371

    Silver & Black Out This Week - Game not sold out

    Well looks like they couldn't pay fans to go watch the 3-8 Raiders get beaten by the great Brandon Weeden. Game won't be televised, which is great because I'll be able to winter proof my house instead of watching our pathetic D get trampled on by Richardson and they'll make Weeden look like Kosar in his prime.

    The Browns D is solid so I expect another double digit loss.

    Can't wait to see what Reggie say tomorrow to us fans, who won't be spending our money to see a team already thinking about the offseason.

    Rather negative thread but oh well, we 3-8 and with no sign of improving this year to think this team was 7-4 and was two defensive stops from winning the division.

    Rain probably doesn't help either but bleh I went to rainy games before cause the team inspired me this team only gets us ridicule these days.

  2. #2
    SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,088
    Go to the game.
    Jimi18, Raider Ran and Eastbay39 like this.

  3. #3
    Raider Ran's Avatar
    Raider Ran is offline

    MODERATOR
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    ESO (East Side Oakland)
    Posts
    52,179
    We will be there 7:00 am as always. Rain ain't ****.
    Jimi18, Silverblood and Moriarty like this.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

    "Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

  4. #4
    Jimi18's Avatar
    Jimi18 is offline

    MODERATOR
    2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    39,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran View Post
    We will be there 7:00 am as always. Rain ain't ****.
    any chance they ask for an extension??
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

  5. #5
    TFDRaider's Avatar
    TFDRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    55
    I wasn't planning on going to the game, but I probably will now.

  6. #6
    Raider187's Avatar
    Raider187 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Pleasanton, CA
    Posts
    7,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi18 View Post
    any chance they ask for an extension??
    Nope. They felt that they were so far off from a sellout that an extension still would not yield nearly enoght ticket sales to meet the 85% threshhold, so they didn't even bother to ask the league for an extension. Not surprised at all. a 3-8 record, and chances of rain will only bring out the true diehards. The casual fan will go Christmas shopping. ; )

  7. #7
    Jimi18's Avatar
    Jimi18 is offline

    MODERATOR
    2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    39,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider187 View Post
    Nope. They felt that they were so far off from a sellout that an extension still would not yield nearly enoght ticket sales to meet the 85% threshhold, so they didn't even bother to ask the league for an extension. Not surprised at all. a 3-8 record, and chances of rain will only bring out the true diehards. The casual fan will go Christmas shopping. ; )
    thanks bro... hate to see the nation wide game on Thursday night..

    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

  8. #8
    smucky's Avatar
    smucky is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,943
    Someone asked me today who the Raiders are playing this Sunday, and for the first time in years, I couldn't tell him. I love my team, will always stand by them, but this team has forced me to stop caring this year.
    raiders_fan67 likes this.

  9. #9
    raiderrick311's Avatar
    raiderrick311 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider187 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi18 View Post
    any chance they ask for an extension??
    Nope. They felt that they were so far off from a sellout that an extension still would not yield nearly enoght ticket sales to meet the 85% threshhold, so they didn't even bother to ask the league for an extension. Not surprised at all. a 3-8 record, and chances of rain will only bring out the true diehards. The casual fan will go Christmas shopping. ; )
    So true... No rather place I'd rather be than watching my team play. Win, lose, or tie... A Raider for life!

  10. #10
    cheapshotartist's Avatar
    cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oaktown
    Posts
    28,557
    Quote Originally Posted by thatraider707 View Post
    Rather negative thread but oh well, we 3-8 and with no sign of improving this year to think this team was 7-4 and was two defensive stops from winning the division.
    Lets go back to "to think this team was 7-4 and was two defensive stops from winning the division". What happened? How did we go from 7-4 to 8-8? We had a top offense, hue was the man but we went from 7-4 to 8-8. Everyone keeps bringing that 8-8 up like we were on our way but no one wants to talk about how 7-4 turned into 8-8. IMHO when we went 1-4 down the stretch with everything on the line that was the beginning of this team falling apart not DA getting hired or Knapp being named the OC. DA and Knapp were not here so why did the team collapse?

    I'm not attacking you 707 just using your post to ask a legit question and I'm looking for some intelligent answers which may be a mistake around here. Lets talk about this people because I keep hearing how RM and DA *ucked things up but things were falling apart at the end of 2011. We should have won the division hands down but we did not and we did not make the playoffs. Anyone want to take a shot at what happened? If all you have to say is knapp sucks or DA needs to good or RM needs to resign please don't respond. Thank you for your cooperation. (which I'm sure I won't get. )
    Last edited by cheapshotartist; 11-30-2012 at 03:51 AM.

  11. #11
    Silverblood's Avatar
    Silverblood is offline
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA.
    Posts
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran View Post
    We will be there 7:00 am as always. Rain ain't ****.
    ^This

    I will be there....in the rain and watching the Raiders win!
    I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine
    If you're into evil, you're a friend of mine
    See the white light flashing as I split the night
    Cos if good's on the left then I'm sticking to the right

    Hells Bells - ACDC

  12. #12
    red dragon is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Langley, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    832
    Not surprising that a 3-8 team vs a 3-8 team playing in a rainstorm wouldn't sell out. I'll be watching on TV regardless, we might actually win this week if we show up to any extent.

  13. #13
    diana's Avatar
    diana is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider Ran View Post
    We will be there 7:00 am as always. Rain ain't ****.
    What are you hearing about rain Sunday Ran? I hear flooding rain then someone told me by game time it should stop.....I just need to know if I gotta break out the neon yellow rain pants and get like Caltrans!!!!!!!

  14. #14
    weber_2's Avatar
    weber_2 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    Lets go back to "to think this team was 7-4 and was two defensive stops from winning the division". What happened? How did we go from 7-4 to 8-8? We had a top offense, hue was the man but we went from 7-4 to 8-8. Everyone keeps bringing that 8-8 up like we were on our way but no one wants to talk about how 7-4 turned into 8-8. IMHO when we went 1-4 down the stretch with everything on the line that was the beginning of this team falling apart not DA getting hired or Knapp being named the OC. DA and Knapp were not here so why did the team collapse?

    I'm not attacking you 707 just using your post to ask a legit question and I'm looking for some intelligent answers which may be a mistake around here. Lets talk about this people because I keep hearing how RM and DA *ucked things up but things were falling apart at the end of 2011. We should have won the division hands down but we did not and we did not make the playoffs. Anyone want to take a shot at what happened? If all you have to say is knapp sucks or DA needs to good or RM needs to resign please don't respond. Thank you for your cooperation. (which I'm sure I won't get. )
    We ended up going 1-4 cuz our starting QB and RB went down.

  15. #15
    TFDRaider's Avatar
    TFDRaider is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by weber_2 View Post
    We ended up going 1-4 cuz our starting QB and RB went down.
    Carson Palmer wasn't injured during the last 5 games.
    cheapshotartist likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •