Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: I hope DHB ...

R8rHead is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

I hope DHB ...

Gets a offer to re-structure his contract..he may not be that number 1 target Al was looking for with a top 10 pick..but he has produced and was near 1000 receiving yards last season..he is one player I wouldn't mind keeping if he took a pay cut

Hall of Famer
    I like DHB, not for the money he's making but the kid has a great work ethic and very good YAC. Just one of the many players that has regressed under this regime.

Raidaguy831 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

I hope DHB ...

I love his work ethic.The kids just needs to work on being more consistent catching with his hands.Hope we keep him.He is One of my favorite players on the current roster for sure.

OAKraiders94 is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

I hope DHB ...

I really don't get why everyone likes DHB I mean he's a solid receiver but if he were to leave the team I don't find that to be a big deal.. IMO

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by OAKraiders94 View Post
    I really don't get why everyone likes DHB I mean he's a solid receiver but if he were to leave the team I don't find that to be a big deal.. IMO
    I have no beef with the guy, but I doubt he returns next year...
    NFL Sirius (Rich and Adam) seem to think Palmer may not be here next year either
    cause of his salary cap ect...
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Hall of Famer
    who wouldn't like the kid? I think he still has a lot of upside, but not in this offense.
    ppleschamp030 likes this.

For all you nerds out there:
    01000111011011110010000001010010011000010110100101 10010001100101011100100111001100100001

diana is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by OAKraiders94 View Post
    Same reason people liked Routt, Wimbley, Curry, Nnamdi, etc.........they wore the Raider jersey, and a lot fans put on blinders till their gone, I like him, he busts his a$$ to be good and it will never be his fault he got drafted at #7 overall, but at least he puts in the work and actually trys
    Jimi18 likes this.

Raiders Baby! is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    I absolutely love DHB. He is one of the team's hardest workers, he never quits and he leads by example. His big YAC plays after shaking a defender off get me excited even when the game is out of reach. However, his contract is severely out-of-whack for a receiver that cannot catch well. If he had even slightly better hands I'd say leave his contract alone and just accept it as a mistake from the last regime but as of now he needs to re-negotiate or we simply can't afford him. I think he'd be an absolute beast on a team that has its act together, though, and if we let him go I have a feeling we are going to watch the rise of the next star in the league. That would be our luck, wouldn't it?

Hall of Famer
    Upside?
    Heck, the guy is a 4 year vet and still looks like a butter fingered rookie half the time, im sorry DHB, but it's time to go stink up someone else s' roster.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by SLVR&BLK View Post
    Upside?
    Heck, the guy is a 4 year vet and still looks like a butter fingered rookie half the time, im sorry DHB, but it's time to go stink up someone else s' roster.
    exactly..
    Where does everyone see that he works hard??
    you been going to practices??
    I have not seen much of him cept when he got hit by pittsburgh,
    and yes he does good Y.A.C.
    but still not seen how he "works SOO hard" lol
    DarkLordAlDavis likes this.
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Hall of Famer
    Was undecided on DHB , so I flipped a coin .

Heads = Stays

Tails = Bye ... Tails Prevailed , So DHB ......
    Mytruckhercar likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dmauke View Post
    who wouldn't like the kid? I think he still has a lot of upside, but not in this offense.
    I think that we pretty much know what he can and can't do at this point -- he's likely improved about as much as he ever will.
    Mytruckhercar likes this.

xcraider37 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders Baby! View Post
    I absolutely love DHB. He is one of the team's hardest workers, he never quits and he leads by example. His big YAC plays after shaking a defender off get me excited even when the game is out of reach. However, his contract is severely out-of-whack for a receiver that cannot catch well. If he had even slightly better hands I'd say leave his contract alone and just accept it as a mistake from the last regime but as of now he needs to re-negotiate or we simply can't afford him. I think he'd be an absolute beast on a team that has its act together, though, and if we let him go I have a feeling we are going to watch the rise of the next star in the league. That would be our luck, wouldn't it?
    I like DHB, also nothing against him and as one poster put it wasn't his fault he was drafted so high, probably should have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder, although was projected 1st round in the 20's. But i need to disagree with you on that he would be a beast on a team that has its act together, teams such as the Patriots have no room for a reciever that can only catch on occasion, he would never make it through training camp. If he was going to be a star it would have happened by now.

If he gets cut by the raiders after the season, I would look for another scrub team to sign him.

Hungary87 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi18 View Post
    exactly..
    Where does everyone see that he works hard??
    you been going to practices??
    I have not seen much of him cept when he got hit by pittsburgh,
    and yes he does good Y.A.C.
    but still not seen how he "works SOO hard" lol

Yep...I mean for all I know he does work hard, but it's become some kind of group think doctrine, this hard worker thing, repeated knowingly by the cognoscenti...

After a while you need to count what happens on the field. Hiram Eugene may have been a damn hard worker too, but he couldnt cut it, so he's gone.

danax is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I can't make an accurate evaluation of DHB's performance since I don't know how well he's running his routes. We have seen him make a few great catches but more great drops. I'm assuming he's still a great deep decoy too.
    He's snake bit, however, with his oversized salary and a few new bosses who might look elsewhere for a cheaper guy to catch 40-60 balls a year, especially is Knapp and his WCO is retained.
    Sad that Palmer has so many yards this season but not 1 WR is in the top 70 in the league in receptions. A big reason we're starved for TDs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information