Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: the effect of firing John Marshall

nastynice is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

the effect of firing John Marshall

I've been thinking this for a while, especially when hue got the boot. IMO, our 2010 defense was good, just had issues with giving up the big play. But at least they had the ability to get offenses off the field. The d line was deadly, and it was the same starting 4. I feel that we would have made the 2011 playoffs with Marshall and kept hue. If we kept hue, we still have an exciting offense that at least let's us enjoy games.

I haven't even watched a game past 3 weeks. Don't get me wrong, its not out of anger or boycott or anything, it's just that I don't plan things around raider games anymore the way I did the past few years. It's just no fun consistently trailing by multiple td's.

Meh, I'm just missing last year. I'm cool with mckenzie and Allen, im patient and know we must wait, but after that ugly 9 year drought the last thing this fan base needs is a rebuild, especially after being right at the cusp.

Marshall firing was a bad one, I remember most people not liking it. Now it's bite us in the ass
    rudy, Dark Gable and ShadowRage41 like this.

diana is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    John Marshall was only the DC in title, Al was the DC, and not trying to be rude but does it even matter in 2012 what happened in 2010, Hue isn't coming back, Marshall isn't coming back and Al damn sure isn't coming back, I liked the defense in the 70's and 80's but they aren't coming back either.........people gotta move on

"Would've, should've, could've..........but you didn't" Roger Mayweather
    xcraider37 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    The D in '10 did improve from '09 . think they ranked 11 in total D , 2nd vs Pass , 2nd in Sacks . BUT , and isn't there always a BUT , when things went South they really went South . I believe they gave up something like 30 points or more a game around 6 or 7 times in '10, i'm not sure ! And the RUN D as usual stunk !! but under Marshall i was surprised for whatever it's worth , that Marshall wasn't retained after the D did show some improvment from Marshall's 1st season in '09.

Hall of Famer
    Just a hunch but the fact that Marshall blitzed a fair bit probably led to his release as I imagine it wasn't Hue's idea to replace Marshall with Bresnahan. Also the defensive talent was much better under Marshall especially in the secondary but as with all Raider defenses it was prone to giving up long running plays.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by diana View Post
    John Marshall was only the DC in title, Al was the DC,
    I think Marshall got fired precisely because he tried to be a bit more than DC in name only.
    ShadowRage41 and Rainman56 like this.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    I think Marshall got fired precisely because he tried to be a bit more than DC in name only.
    I agree
    Rainman56 likes this.

Jmac89 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

?

101proofRdrFan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I agree. We got blown up on costly big plays but the defense was exciting to watch. We used to blitz the hell out of the Chargers exposing Rivers for the chump that he is. We won EVERY division game with a record 59 points against Denver.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by 101proofRdrFan View Post
    I agree. We got blown up on costly big plays but the defense was exciting to watch. We used to blitz the hell out of the Chargers exposing Rivers for the chump that he is. We won EVERY division game with a record 59 points against Denver.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd still missed the playoffs, why are people impressed by 6-0 in the division, an 8-8 season record with the other 2 wins coming against Seattle and St. Louis........please, can we stop this???????

All-Pro
    Well then I hope youre excited by our currently unfolding 3-13 season then.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by super_6ix_4our View Post
    Well then I hope youre excited by our currently unfolding 3-13 season then.

8-8 missing the playoffs is the same as 3-13, you explain how it's not
    Mr Cosio likes this.

Hall of Famer

How is this relevant to anything going on now or the future unless your insinuating we bring Marshall back.
    My next door neighbor is a Raider fan my 2 neighbors across from me are Raider fans. A Lion fan down the street hung up a Detriot Lions flag outside his house a week ago.
    My neighbors and I hung up Raider Flags today and now it seems like the Lions fan took his down, huh I wonder why he did that?

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    can we stop this???????
    Stop what? Except for the coulda shoulda, this is the most accurate thread extant.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by diana View Post
    8-8 missing the playoffs is the same as 3-13, you explain how it's not
    So you prefer to see the team with practically no upside compared to improvements with an 8-8 record? Those two 8-8 teams Oakland had werent perfect but they sure as hell were a far cry from that 2-14 team from 06. Playoffs or not it gave off some hope that the team was MAYBE, just MAYBE on to bigger things. Now it seems its back to square one and youre saying its the same as being 8-8.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
    Stop what? Except for the coulda shoulda, this is the most accurate thread extant.
    You really need me to explain what that means? It means who gives a fu@k that the Raiders went 6-0 in the division and didn't do **** else, all it got us was no post season games, Tom Road Pu$$y Cable fired and the funniest Al Davis PC I ever saw in my life, if you celebrate 6-0 in the division and didn't even win the AFC West we're worse than Charger fans, but have at it, keep re-living your 6-0 in the division party
    Mr Cosio and JUSTWINBABY9111 like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information