Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: the effect of firing John Marshall

All-Pro
    All right then lets all hope the Raiders go 2-14 for the rest of the existence of the NFL. You know, cause its the same thing as anything other record anyway.
    Dark Gable likes this.

J Raid is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by diana View Post
    8-8 missing the playoffs is the same as 3-13, you explain how it's not
    No math for you eh!

5 + 3 = 8

13 - 5 = 8

The team that went 8-8 won 5 more games and lost 5 fewer than the one that went 3-13.

Also, there is this thing in april, it's called the DRAFT...when a team goes 3-13 they generally pick in the top 3 while a team that finishes 8-8 usually can expect to pick around 16-18 range.

Those are just two examples of how 8-8 is NOT the same as 3-13.
    Naphtali likes this.

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    You really need me to explain what that means? It means who gives a fu@k that the Raiders went 6-0 in the division and didn't do **** else, all it got us was no post season games,

All true, Al. I did enjoy kicking the crap out of the division. If you did not, I think you lack focus.
    Dark Gable and InfaRaider like this.

diana is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by super_6ix_4our View Post
    So you prefer to see the team with practically no upside compared to improvements with an 8-8 record? Those two 8-8 teams Oakland had werent perfect but they sure as hell were a far cry from that 2-14 team from 06. Playoffs or not it gave off some hope that the team was MAYBE, just MAYBE on to bigger things. Now it seems its back to square one and youre saying its the same as being 8-8.
    I'm saying those weren't quality wins, I don't care how you try to spin it, they weren't, the AFC West is one of the weakest divisions in the league, so yeah, 8-8 and not even winning your division is the same as 1-15 2-14 3-13 4-12

101proofRdrFan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Annnnnnnnnnnnd still missed the playoffs, why are people impressed by 6-0 in the division, an 8-8 season record with the other 2 wins coming against Seattle and St. Louis........please, can we stop this???????
    Cause the games I attended we won genius. Thus making it worth my money and glued to the TV for other games. Why is it all or nothing with you people?

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
    All true, Al. I did enjoy kicking the crap out of the division. If you did not, I think you lack focus.
    I don't lack focus, I just actually like celebrating things like my team hitting milestones like winning their division, play off wins, **** like that, 6-0 against the weak 2010 AFC West, get the fu@k outta here

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by J Raid View Post
    No math for you eh!

5 + 3 = 8

13 - 5 = 8

The team that went 8-8 won 5 more games and lost 5 fewer than the one that went 3-13.

Also, there is this thing in april, it's called the DRAFT...when a team goes 3-13 they generally pick in the top 3 while a team that finishes 8-8 usually can expect to pick around 16-18 range.

Those are just two examples of how 8-8 is NOT the same as 3-13.
    Yeah man but we can get an elite player that can be a leader and be our first building block for a terrible defense, that was also terrible when we were 8-8. Terrible outside of the weak division for the most part. I prefer the pick, especially with the contract situation and the over paid/aging players. This is 2012, not 2010 and we need some talented youth, a core to build on. We have hit a wall, people want to compare 2010 and 2011, but it's not accurate. The wall is being knocked down, finally. Tear it down, lets pay a player elite money, that is truly elite, and get this thing going.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda is in the past. That defense was going no where, and apparently we have to crawl before we walk with our personnel on defense.

I am more optimistic about the 3-13 with another GM building the foundation. I am more optimistic because the past is proven failure. Sad but true. No play-offs is no play-offs, 3-13 is worse, but at least there is a reason for 3-13 (we haven't finish 3-13, we could very well be 5 or 6 win team, and that's a difference of 2 wins). We have some soft patty cakes left just like the 2010 team had. Chiefs, SD and a Denver team that is just slightly better than 2010 and Kyle Orton. What is the reason for 8-8 and no play-offs since 2002?

Exactly.

101proofRdrFan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I'm saying those weren't quality wins, I don't care how you try to spin it, they weren't, the AFC West is one of the weakest teams in the league, so yeah, 8-8 and not even winning your division is the same as 1-15 2-14 3-13 4-12
    You werent there with me in the Black Hole watching Rivers get that dumb frustrated look on his face after getting sacked. Followed up by high fiveing everyone around me.

Your team doesn't prosper by losing or picking in the top five every year.
    Naphtali, raider4llf and Thedude17 like this.

Hall of Famer
    I don't lack focus, I just actually like celebrating things like my team hitting milestones like winning their division, play off wins, **** like that, 6-0 against the weak 2010 AFC West, get the fu@k outta here
    I can only guess at your bleeped words, but I think you mean that you like stuff that you can't get.

I think I met your wife once.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by 101proofRdrFan View Post
    You werent there with me in the Black Hole watching Rivers get that dumb frustrated look on his face after getting sacked. Followed up by high fiveing everyone around me.

Your team doesn't prosper by losing or picking in the top five every year.
    Yeah, I wasn't in the black hole with you, I'm a season ticket holder and I sit in 118, every home game, I still don't need to re-live 2010 6-0 in the division, missing the playoffs

Pro Bowler
    [QUOTE=paul0660;3798449]I can only guess at your bleeped words, but I think you mean that you like stuff that you can't get.

I think I met your wife once.[/QUOTE

I don't have a wife, check the name, HEAR THIS, I THINK YOU'RE ALL CLOWNS FOR CELEBRATING 6-0 IN THE DIVISION, NOT EVEN GETTING IN THE PLAYOFFS.......I met your husband once, he thinks his di@k is bigger than yours

Hall of Famer
    Yeah, I wasn't in the black hole with you, I'm a season ticket holder and I sit in 118, every home game, I still don't need to re-live 2010 6-0 in the division, missing the playoffs
    Assuming any of that is true, are you old enough to remember this?

2006 Oakland Raiders 2 14 0 .125 168PF 332PA L9

Suckage, is relative. 101proof is right............Phil Rivers is a whiny punk and we all got it on film. It isn't much of a high point, and it is one.

Hall of Famer
    I met your husband once, he thinks his di@k is bigger than yours
    PM your number, we can compare. Even with your female forum handle, I assumed you have a wife.

Pro Bowler
    Assuming any of that is true, are you old enough to remember this?

2006 Oakland Raiders 2 14 0 .125 168PF 332PA L9

Suckage, is relative. 101proof is right............Phil Rivers is a whiny punk and we all got it on film. It isn't much of a high point, and it is one.
    Who lies about being a season ticket holder of the Oakland Raiders? 2006 missed the playoffs, just like 2010

Pro Bowler
    PM your number, we can compare. Even with your female forum handle, I assumed you have a wife.
    Compare what? Your tiny one to my dude's? You'll kill yourself

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information