Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Did anyone catch the Monday Presser with DA?

RiedersRaiders is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

Did anyone catch the Monday Presser with DA?

Well if you didn't, there is one segment that a nice lady reporter asked DA about how the fanbase is quit upset, angry that last years team was 8-8 missed the playoffs by one game and now this year with the majority of the players returning are 3-8 and going completely in the wrong direction(this was not word for word). This was his response....

On 8-8 last year and 3-8 so far this year: “It all boils down to we’ve all got a job to do and we’ve all got to be accountable to do our job and we have to do it the right way every single time. When we do that, we’ve played well. When we haven’t done that, we’ve given up big plays both offensively, defensively, and in the kicking game. This is pro football and we’ve got a job to do. Our job is to win football games. We’ve got to do a better job at doing that.”

Reminds me of Brendan Frasers character in Bedazzled: Ah... well, you go out there and you give a 110%, and you wanna play good, and... you know... you hope you play good... I think we played pretty good tonight!

BigPrimo is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    Lol. I actually like that movie.
    Jimi18 and Mytruckhercar like this.

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    considering something like 27 of the 53 players are new, i would hardly call that most of the players. That reporter is an idiot.
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

RiedersRaiders is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    considering something like 27 of the 53 players are new, i would hardly call that most of the players. That reporter is an idiot.
    Well lets say she is an idiot...lol. The answer DA gave was mind boggling because it had NOTHING to do with what she asked. I wouldve even accepted..."ummm, uhhh i gotta look at the uhh, umm, tape and get back to you, ummm, uhh." or "last years uhh, umm, team executed better and this years uhh, umm, uhh team needs to execute better uhh, umm"
    CTEX and raidernationbmw like this.

Ratim is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Watching him in the press conference reminded me of Stan Laurel for some reason.

And we have a Keystone Cops defence to boot.
    raidernationbmw likes this.

ShadowRage41 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RiedersRaiders View Post
    Well if you didn't, there is one segment that a nice lady reporter asked DA about how the fanbase is quit upset, angry that last years team was 8-8 missed the playoffs by one game and now this year with the majority of the players returning are 3-8 and going completely in the wrong direction(this was not word for word). This was his response....

On 8-8 last year and 3-8 so far this year: “It all boils down to we’ve all got a job to do and we’ve all got to be accountable to do our job and we have to do it the right way every single time. When we do that, we’ve played well. When we haven’t done that, we’ve given up big plays both offensively, defensively, and in the kicking game. This is pro football and we’ve got a job to do. Our job is to win football games. We’ve got to do a better job at doing that.”

Reminds me of Brendan Frasers character in Bedazzled: Ah... well, you go out there and you give a 110%, and you wanna play good, and... you know... you hope you play good... I think we played pretty good tonight!
    I noticed that... Since when have football coaches become politicians? she asks him a question and he moves to canned talking points... If his career in football does not work out, he might have one as a politician. lol
    UptownXguy3 and Nexus like this.

Chairman of the Board
    As are most of the fans on this site who are trying to blame this train wreck on the new regime. The old regime totally *ucked up this team and it's going to take a few season for the new regime to even get to step one. The lack of understanding by some of our fan base is shocking.

Disclaimer: Any of my comments posted here are not directed at any RFN members. It's just my opinion.

http://youtu.be/d29VsG35DQM
    Practice?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    As are most of the fans on this site who are trying to blame this train wreck on the new regime. The old regime totally *ucked up this team and it's going to take a few season for the new regime to even get to step one. The lack of understanding by some of our fan base is shocking.
    So according to you the new regime has NO fault in your eyes for this team being a joke this year.
    The coaches and GM have no accountibily for this awful season....zero...none according to you.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by twoutrally View Post
    So according to you the new regime has NO fault in your eyes for this team being a joke this year.
    The coaches and GM have no accountibily for this awful season....zero...none according to you.
    I assume you can read and understand common English so where the *uck did I say that our GM and HC have no fault in this bullsh!t?
    raidertone, MikeD and RaiderXLeo like this.

Disclaimer: Any of my comments posted here are not directed at any RFN members. It's just my opinion.

Practice?

Luca_Brasi is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    this train wreck is mostly on te new regime. Yes, the ild regime had us in a salary cap bind but we also had a few things that worked...

PBS- we had a strong running attack, now we can barely make it to 60 yards rushing

Defense- I thought our defense last year sucked balls but this D is a joke. We have lost 3 games in a row by more than 3 scores. (Cincinnati had 240 yards rushing, its most in 20 years... Tampa bay broke its franchise rushing record)

SPecial Teams- don't know the exact stats but last year we returned many kickoffs and punts for touchdowns, had good starting field position... this year muffed punts, fumbles, etc

this team has gotten worse in every aspect of the game.
    We are a joke! One big joke!!!

Hall of Famer
    Okay then you decode your bs double talk. That clearly in plain english blames the old regime.
    In your own words^^^^^^
    gil03 and Rainman56 like this.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    You can't blame the the FO without holding the old one accountable as well, it doesn't work that way on year one. It's not like they had the money to spend when they dumped a few players with crippling contracts. They didn't have the draft picks to replace anyone either. Players themselves are accountable as well, to say otherwise is dishonest. Changes do need to be made with the coaching staff, we can agree on that. Knapp has been an absolute disaster and he will be unemployed at the seasons end. Tarver has been as well although I see him back next year due to poor players. DA will be back next year as well, but his leash will be very, very short. McKenzie will be here for a few more years too.
    stork44, RaiderXLeo and Rainman56 like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    You can't blame the the FO without holding the old one accountable as well, it doesn't work that way on year one. It's not like they had the money to spend when they dumped a few players with crippling contracts. They didn't have the draft picks to replace anyone either. Players themselves are accountable as well, to say otherwise is dishonest. Changes do need to be made with the coaching staff, we can agree on that. Knapp has been an absolute disaster and he will be unemployed at the seasons end. Tarver has been as well although I see him back next year due to poor players. DA will be back next year as well, but his leash will be very, very short. McKenzie will be here for a few more years too.
    Okay but you can't be shocked at fans that do not believe in the new regime and the direction and the lack of confidents going forward based on what we have seen so far.

Hall of Famer
    Ok then, most of the starters. Most of the starters have returned from last year's team...agreed???
    mike taylor likes this.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca_Brasi View Post
    this train wreck is mostly on the new regime.
    No need to read anything else it's clear you don't have a clue about what your talking about. Why don't you list all of our winning seasons that the old regime had since 2002. While your at it please list all of our first round draft picks we had that worked out for the old regime. After that please list all of the successful HC's we have had since 2002. Yeah it's all the new regimes fault.

Practice?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information