Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Let's Try This...

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Let's Try This...

I've seen several threads or posts about how this team lacks talented players and who we should or shouldn't keep around. Let's switch it up a bit. What current coaches have the "talent" to stick around?! You can see the list here Oakland Raiders | Coaching Staff

I'd keep one. Al Saunders. Who else has shown they are talented coaches and need to stay?!
    the_new_Jerry likes this.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    I've seen several threads or posts about how this team lacks talented players and who we should or shouldn't keep around. Let's switch it up a bit. What current coaches have the "talent" to stick around?! You can see the list here Oakland Raiders | Coaching Staff

I'd keep one. Al Saunders. Who else has shown they are talented coaches and need to stay?!
    we need new OC and DC, as far as QB coaches, LBr ect.. i am not too sure

Keep Allen for 16-24 more games (after this season) Saunders may or may not be a problem? don't seem to be doing much from what i see/know
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

RaiderDuck is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Kelly Skipper, John DeFilippo, and Johnny Holland can stay.

Keith Burns, Ted Gilmore, and Mark Hutson I'm ambivalent about.

Frank Pollack and Steve Hoffman should be run out of town on a rail.
    raidernationbmw and BigPrimo like this.

Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    The coaches I'd look to 100% replace are Pollack (O-Line), Williams (D-Line) and Hoffman (ST coordinator). I would seriously look at upgrading at OC. If we have a coordinator change, it wouldn't surprise me to see the majority of coaches on that side of the ball replaced. Would also definitely look at adding an assistant O-Line coach much like Wiz was in 2011.
    "If you want something, go get it. Don't let anyone convince you that it's impossible. Make the impossible possible. Do whatever's needed to make it happen. Go at it with both hands, take it in stride, and hit paydirt....."
    ME 11-19-2009

Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

Chairman of the Board

Ok, so far no coach has shown he is worth keeping, however it is quite common for it to take 2
    or 3 years to see how good a coach really is. I hate when a coach gets fired after one bad year. It happens so often now and in most cases the team does just as bad or worse after changing coaches. Teams that show patience are more likely to have success and teams that have long term success ALL show patience when things don't go right.

I have no idea if RM, DA and the rest of the coaches can or will get this thing right but I have seen bigger messes than what we have here turned around so I WANT our coaching staff back and see what they can do with players they choose to bring in. I think it's stupid to throw a first year guy under the bus because he isn't succesful with a group of players who have never been succesful in their NFL career. If we had a team of productive vets and they were struggling then I would have no issues getting on the coaches. But we have a team that has never produced wins so I don't see how the coaching can be the real problem.

If in 2 years we aren't significantly improved then I will have no issues with blaming the coaches. But I want them to be here longer and get a real chance at changing and improving this team.

As for Saunders he doesn't sound like a guy I want back. He doesn't want to be the OC running the offense so that's out. Things I hear about him ( from the offseason) make me wonder if he is really into coaching anymore. I can't help but wonder if his heart is in it. And I am a big Saunders fan. I was very excited when he came here last year.
    RaiderXLeo and Raiders Baby! like this.

ShadowRage41 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Allen, Saunders... I would be looking to upgrade everywhere else. especially Offensive coordinator. Have to see who is available. right now I think I would prefer Snoopy over Knapp. XD

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Fire Knapp and use the Madden simulator to call the offense
    Moriarty and BigPrimo like this.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM View Post
    Fire Knapp and use the Madden simulator to call the offense
    LoL
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Raiders Baby! is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    Ok, so far no coach has shown he is worth keeping, however it is quite common for it to take 2
    or 3 years to see how good a coach really is. I hate when a coach gets fired after one bad year. It happens so often now and in most cases the team does just as bad or worse after changing coaches. Teams that show patience are more likely to have success and teams that have long term success ALL show patience when things don't go right.

I have no idea if RM, DA and the rest of the coaches can or will get this thing right but I have seen bigger messes than what we have here turned around so I WANT our coaching staff back and see what they can do with players they choose to bring in. I think it's stupid to throw a first year guy under the bus because he isn't succesful with a group of players who have never been succesful in their NFL career. If we had a team of productive vets and they were struggling then I would have no issues getting on the coaches. But we have a team that has never produced wins so I don't see how the coaching can be the real problem.

If in 2 years we aren't significantly improved then I will have no issues with blaming the coaches. But I want them to be here longer and get a real chance at changing and improving this team.

As for Saunders he doesn't sound like a guy I want back. He doesn't want to be the OC running the offense so that's out. Things I hear about him ( from the offseason) make me wonder if he is really into coaching anymore. I can't help but wonder if his heart is in it. And I am a big Saunders fan. I was very excited when he came here last year.
    Great post, bro. Hit the nail on the head. The only part I can't get my head around is what organization have you seen that has a bigger mess to clean up than ours right now? A power vacuum was left by the passing of one of the headiest egos in NFL history, we got a new GM to manage the team, we got a new head coach, replaced almost every coordinator, we have a terrible cap situation due to huge contracts for average players, half of our roster (if not more) needs to be replaced and that's just what I could fit into one sentence. Maybe you can name some college teams, but I am having a very tough time thinking of a professional team in any sport that has had to overcome so much adversity.

Hall of Famer
    Al90000 is onto something. We should fire these guys, top to bottom, including Reggie. Lets bring in another guy who has no clue what the roster is like. If they don't bring back the Glory Days of Hue then we will can them midseason and find guys who will. I've had enough of this losing BS. Lets sign guys to one game contracts, each and every d'gam week. When these useless B'tards go for it on 4th and 1, we bring in guys who either won't go for it on 4th and 1, or who will get it when they go for it on 4th and 1.

I'm Irate I tell you. I'm Mad as H3LL and I'm NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE.

Hall of Famer

Let's Try This...

I know a lot of people feel like DA needs to go but in my opinion I think he stays but will replace the assistant coaches as he should. So let's talk about possible replacements when it comes to coordinators.

Will Tarver stick around? That answer remains to be seen but so far not looking to good for him. Even though I like his passion his fire and knowledge for the game but if he gets fired I have made a list of possible replacements.

Kirby Smart Alabama Defensive Coordinator: Although Nick Saban is the mastermind behind that stout defense I believe Smart has what it takes to be a pro defensive coordinator and since we might move to the 3-4 defense he would fit in seamlessly. He is one of the top assistants in college and has been talked about as a possible head coach as well. I love the SEC defensive toughness and he could bring a swagger to our Defense.

Bob Diaco Defensive Coordinator Notre Dame: Notre Dame is 2nd in points allowed behind who else Alabama. He also has a 3-4 based defense. He is known for wherever he goes to have a very good run defense. In 2007 in Virginia his defense allowed only 9 TD rushing and allowed 106.9 yards per game. In 2009 at Cincinatti his defense had 110 tackles for loss and 37 sacks and allowed 3.6 yards per carry that year.

Now the offense. I think we can all agree that Knapp should be and will be gone next year. So who replaces him as OC. Well if Norv Turner gets canned as HC at San Diego I wouldn't mind him back at Oakland as OC but the chances of that are slim. So who can we expect to be our new Offensive Coordinator.

Mike Mularkey HC of Jags: He might be losing his head coaching job and I wouldn't mind bringing him in as the OC. He did a great job while at Atlanta 2008-2011. His nickname is Inspector Gadget for his creative coaching style.

Al Saunders could be a possibility but rumors say he isn't interested in being our OC

I'm short on offensive coordinator ideas a lot will be answered when other head coaches get fired and I'm not really familiar with college coaches that can transition to the offense in the NFL.

Special Teams well your guess is as good as mine there.
    My next door neighbor is a Raider fan my 2 neighbors across from me are Raider fans. A Lion fan down the street hung up a Detriot Lions flag outside his house a week ago.
    My neighbors and I hung up Raider Flags today and now it seems like the Lions fan took his down, huh I wonder why he did that?

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    Al90000 is onto something. We should fire these guys, top to bottom, including Reggie. Lets bring in another guy who has no clue what the roster is like. If they don't bring back the Glory Days of Hue then we will can them midseason and find guys who will. I've had enough of this losing BS. Lets sign guys to one game contracts, each and every d'gam week. When these useless B'tards go for it on 4th and 1, we bring in guys who either won't go for it on 4th and 1, or who will get it when they go for it on 4th and 1.

I'm Irate I tell you. I'm Mad as H3LL and I'm NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE.
    Tell it! You hit the nail on the head bro!!

Hall of Famer
    Can you tell me exactly why you would keep Al saunders ? What do you know about Al Saunders? You have know idea how involved or uninvolved he was last year. Neither does anyone else on this message board.
    Do you know about his 900 page playbook ? Do you think that was the playbook that was being used last year?
    I don't understand why fans can make claims about something that they actually have no idea why or why not they are making a decision on something.
    So we are all ears, Please tell us what you know about Al Saunders and exactly how he has contributed to the wins last year. Be specific about his time with the Raiders last year. And please dont spew any vague stuff you search online. We're waiting

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERFAN520 View Post
    So let's talk about possible replacements when it comes to coordinators.

Kirby Smart Alabama Defensive Coordinator: Although Nick Saban is the mastermind behind that stout defense I believe Smart has what it takes to be a pro defensive coordinator and since we might move to the 3-4 defense he would fit in seamlessly. He is one of the top assistants in college and has been talked about as a possible head coach as well. I love the SEC defensive toughness and he could bring a swagger to our Defense.

Bob Diaco Defensive Coordinator Notre Dame: Notre Dame is 2nd in points allowed behind who else Alabama. He also has a 3-4 based defense. He is known for wherever he goes to have a very good run defense. In 2007 in Virginia his defense allowed only 9 TD rushing and allowed 106.9 yards per game. In 2009 at Cincinatti his defense had 110 tackles for loss and 37 sacks and allowed 3.6 yards per carry that year.

Now the offense. I think we can all agree that Knapp should be and will be gone next year. So who replaces him as OC. Well if Norv Turner gets canned as HC at San Diego I wouldn't mind him back at Oakland as OC but the chances of that are slim. So who can we expect to be our new Offensive Coordinator.

Mike Mularkey HC of Jags: He might be losing his head coaching job and I wouldn't mind bringing him in as the OC. He did a great job while at Atlanta 2008-2011. His nickname is Inspector Gadget for his creative coaching style.

Al Saunders could be a possibility but rumors say he isn't interested in being our OC

I'm short on offensive coordinator ideas a lot will be answered when other head coaches get fired and I'm not really familiar with college coaches that can transition to the offense in the NFL.

Special Teams well your guess is as good as mine there.
    I don't know if it would be wise for DA to hire another DC from College. He might want to go with someone like Romeo Crennel when he gets fired from head coach at the end of the year. And as a bonus he'd bring some inside knowledge on Kansas City players tendancies, weaknesses, strenghts, etc.

As far as OC we first need to find out how important it is for Reggie McKenzie and DA to run the ZBS/Westcoast Scheme.

I like Norv as a coordinator but he certainly doesn't run the type of offense we think Reggie and DA want to run. We can speculate all we wont but who knows how dedicated Reggie and DA are with their O-Scheme.

People have had contradicting words about Al Saunders wanting or not wanting to be an OC, but several months ago someone did prove that Al Saunders did interview for an OC position this past offseason after Hue was canned. I think it might of even been with the Chiefs and he didnt get the job.
    I personally don't think he had much to do with the offenses success last year. It was Hue's playcalling, Hue's plays, Hue's motivation that had the Offense playing well. And unfortunatly Hue's ego and lack of good decision making that ruined his already slim chance to be retained by a new GM.
    I think the top available coaches will choose other teams over the Raiders unfortunately. Lets hope for the best. Maybe we get lucky and Crennel will hold a grudge against the Chiefs and want to get back at them

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Hoffman should be thrown out of the team plane at 35000 feet
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information