Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Reggie McKenzie Press Conference

Chairman of the Board

Reggie McKenzie Press Conference

The interview everyone is eager to hear and read is the one scheduled Friday with general manager Reggie McKenzie.
    It should be interesting to hear what McKenzie has to say on the heels of his teamís fourth straight loss, with the coach he fired on the opposing sideline Sunday high-fiving his new players, and the Raiders far less competitive this season than they were when he assumed the new role in January.

Can't wait to see what he has to say about this cluster f*ck!!

R8RRICK is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    This I can't wait to hear. I just hope he doesn't put me to sleep with his usual boring press conference.
    Dark Gable and UptownXguy3 like this.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Where did you hear this from?

Chairman of the Board

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by R8RRICK View Post
    This I can't wait to hear. I just hope he doesn't put me to sleep with his usual boring press conference.
    Seeing how it is Friday that gives him 4 days to come up with a bunch of bullsh1t we have already heard. I dont expect to hear anything mind blowing, its not like he is going to come out and throw the scheme,players and coaches under the bus. I do though appreciate the fact that he is obviously aware that the fans have had enough and he is going to try and ease our minds

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Anyone recall this happening before with other teams? Seems rather strange to hold a presser 3/4 through the season.
    agular9 likes this.

agular9 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    He'll come out and say how we have to stay the course through the rest of the season. We have to evaluate the talent that is on the roster and he will say that no ones job is safe at seasons end. He'll say that this is a process and tough buisness decisions will have to be made. With another year without a full draft, the scouts and himself will have to do a great job selecting the best players available that will help turn around this franchise.

He'll say what the few logical posters on this board have been saying the past few weeks and everyone will be angry all over again.

Dont count on a firing friday, if they were going to fire coaches, it would be done early in the week.

Will be nice to hear from the GM though, thats definitely a change.

Hall of Famer
    I can,t see anything drastic being said or done but I,m interested to hear what comes up.
    P.K3100 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    This is why I have Knapps back

RaiderDuck is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM View Post
    Anyone recall this happening before with other teams? Seems rather strange to hold a presser 3/4 through the season.
    It IS strange, but not unheard of. Reggie knows we're mad and disappointed, and is trying to mollify us for awhile longer.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I wonder when this was scheduled. I'd think there has to be a reason behind it as to why this Friday he has decided to talk to the press at this point in the season. I have two hopes. I hope heads start to roll and I hope I can make out what McKenzie says.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Any word if Mark and DA will be there?

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by agular9 View Post
    He'll come out and say how we have to stay the course through the rest of the season. We have to evaluate the talent that is on the roster and he will say that no ones job is safe at seasons end. He'll say that this is a process and tough buisness decisions will have to be made. With another year without a full draft, the scouts and himself will have to do a great job selecting the best players available that will help turn around this franchise.

He'll say what the few logical posters on this board have been saying the past few weeks and everyone will be angry all over again.

Dont count on a firing friday, if they were going to fire coaches, it would be done early in the week.

Will be nice to hear from the GM though, thats definitely a change.
    I think you've hit the perverbial nail on the head.

Mahalo!

There's no need for me to tune in.
    huggeebear and agular9 like this.
    "Be on time, pay attention, and play like Hell when I tell you to" - John Madden's three and only rules.

Mahalo Blackhole John

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Mckenzie is going to announce that Terrelle Pryor will be starting the rest of the season.
    UptownXguy3 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    I'll give you a reason why it's this Friday, 3 home games left. That's nearly half the home schedule. I'm pretty sure Mark and Reggie have noticed the steady decline in attendance since the beginning of the season. Unless you prep the fans for the future, there's no way of getting them to buy-in for the remainder of this season or next. If the intent is to let the fans know that Reggie, Mark and DA are "staying the course", as I'm expecting, then you have to provide the fan base with some hope if you want them to continue to attend home games. I'm expecting Reggie to be very "RAH-RAH" on Friday even he just says that they'll continue to execute "The Plan". I, for one, ain't buying this **** anymore. This past Sunday with the crappy play and the worse officiating really put me over the top. I'm not wasting anymore time watching this team flop week after week and I damn sure ain't buying another freakin' thing Raider related until some serious progress is seen. We've been HORRIBLE for far too long and empty promises and coach-speak ain't cutting it for me anymore.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian Raider View Post
    I think you've hit the perverbial nail on the head.

Mahalo!

There's no need for me to tune in.
    Wow that's sure going to fix things...sitting the best player on our team for a college qb...lol

This would be a good challenge: Pryor vs Tebow for pass completion percentage.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information