Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Reggie McKenzie Press Conference

ThirtyFour is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTWINBABY9111 View Post
    It could happen. Al used to give coaches a blank check. We have untapped pro-bowler talent. Gruden does not require a big check and a team with at least some talent. He doesn't want a team in a big media market. He does not like attention. He wants to come back to the Raider's for the cap mess, with no difference makers on the roster. He wants to come in and shape this team into contenders, and then champions. He will sign veterans like he did in our glory months. His loyalty to the Raiders is has never been questioned. I hope Mark tries his best to hire him, he can do it easily. Yeah Hue delivered some glory months too. maybe he is more attainable. If Gruden says no, then lets pursue Hue. Money talks.
    You left off the sarcasm tag on every single sentence in your post.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SoBruTal_ View Post
    I thought it was a good read hit SOME points / but I'm itching too find out what happened with ROLO and DA ??
    The answer is in premium

All-Pro
    I took to long to look. Is there another link

All-Pro
    Nevermind. Got a little excited.. just had to scroll up

yoda is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by raidertone View Post
    I don't know bro, but the local beat writers have been talking about it all week.
    biggest thing that struck me from reading the mackenzie q&a was his use of the term rookie: rookie gm, rookie head coach, rookie nfl level defensive coordinator. you can add a previous bust offensive coordinator and rookie owner. with all these rookies and busts guiding the ship, best to hit the eject on this - bring in an experienced gm, an experienced head coach, experienced assistants. that's our only hope to win a super bowl in a few years. nothing in the q&a, from the answers related to waiving pat lee to making subtle excuses related to what he inherited, impressed me or made me think mackenzie was the right hire.

on another note, it seems as if allen will not be picking his own coordinators this time. last press conference, it sounded like mackenzie would let the head coach pick his own assistants and stay out of the way - not this time. i know knapp is leaving. hopefully the zbs goes.

yoda is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    I thought it was a good read hit SOME points / but I'm itching too find out what happened with ROLO and DA ??
    I agree Gruden or Hue is better than this. Hue already has his guy Saunders here. People need to cut Hue a break, yes his ego got the best of him, but he lost his starting quarterback without any viable backup mid-season. He lost his owner/gm and was thrust into the gm role since there was no one else with football moxie to man the situation. What went down that year was pretty nuts. I don't think Hue was a great gm and had deficiencies, but he ran a decent offense under the circumstances. He would need both an assistant coach to help with game management and a halfway decent gm with experience.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda View Post
    I agree Gruden or Hue is better than this. Hue already has his guy Saunders here. People need to cut Hue a break, yes his ego got the best of him, but he lost his starting quarterback without any viable backup mid-season. He lost his owner/gm and was thrust into the gm role since there was no one else with football moxie to man the situation. What went down that year was pretty nuts. I don't think Hue was a great gm and had deficiencies, but he ran a decent offense under the circumstances. He would need both an assistant coach to help with game management and a halfway decent gm with experience.
    Reggie needs to replace DA and it might happen sooner then later hopefully.
    SF_Raider_Fan likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda View Post
    LMFAO @ defending Hue. The guy lost this team. He is gone and for good reason. Time to move on.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information