Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: I need an explanation on that call

Pro Bowler

I need an explanation on that call

My understanding of this call is the refs agreed it was a fumble that did not go out of bounds. Since the raiders did not have possession there was no way they get the ball. (A) The bangles would either get the ball where the whistle was blown or (B) replay the down.

18uk_raider is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhone View Post
    No ball never went out of bounds. It was pushed back in. So there was no possession when the whistle was called. Once the whistle blows nothing happened after. Not who would have probably got it. Now the real question is was the whistle really inadvertent. Not a huge deal anyway. We were not going to win. I would have been angry if we didn't give up 24 first half points. Lol.
    That isn't the point - just because we were losing doesn't make the call ok. It needs to be looked at properly and the officials should be dealt with. If an official makes such a ridiculous goof like that in soccer over here he has to serve a suspension - this needs to happen here. Whether it was 49-0 or 0-0 makes absolutely no difference.
    B. anthracis likes this.

UptownXguy3 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dry23 View Post
    By rule, it should've been fourth down from the spot of the ball going "out of bounds."

I want a league explanation why they got an option to repeat the play. They reviewed the play, it's a FUMBLE, and they saw exactly where it "went out of bounds." That's where you place the ball.
    They did not want to give the option for DA to throw the flag ...I guess. I would of thrown that flag 1000 times and probably hit a ref with it or shove it down his throat. DA has more class than I though.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenRaider View Post
    next time some BS like that happens, DA should just take the team to the locker room and tell them to **** themselves
    I actually thought this at the time. Take the guys off the field and let the officials play themselves. Wankers.

Pro Bowler
    Riiight.... but he blew the whistle because he supposedly "thought" it went out of bounds, that being the case it should also have been a loss of down. But I am done thinking about this honestly its not a surprise people will maipulate it to sound like it was the right call and clearly wasnt, it will be made a mainstream rule until it affects the Patriots/Packers and then it will be changed as always.

dry23 is offline Banned
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by r8der51o View Post
    My understanding of this call is the refs agreed it was a fumble that did not go out of bounds. Since the raiders did not have possession there was no way they get the ball. (A) The bangles would either get the ball where the whistle was blown or (B) replay the down.
    So If Hanson let that ball go out of bounds, it would've been fourth down?

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenRaider View Post
    next time some BS like that happens, DA should just take the team to the locker room and tell them to **** themselves
    lol

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhone View Post
    No ball never went out of bounds. It was pushed back in. So there was no possession when the whistle was blown. Once the whistle blows nothing happened after. Play ends at the whistle. The play ended with the ball on the ground and no team had possession. So since it was an inadvertent whistle the team that had the last possession gets the option to have the ball at the spot of the fumble or replay it. Now the real question is was the whistle really inadvertent. Not a huge deal anyway. We were not going to win. I would have been angry if we didn't give up 24 first half points. Lol.
    Greg Papa said on the radio that the explanation that they got was that the ref thought the ball touched the sideline stripe prior to Hanson batting the ball back into the field of play, with that said if that is the ruling then he ruled that it was a catch and fumble therefore if he blew the whistle the play is over, Bengals have it and its 4th down...no down over comes into play in that scenario...the refs BLEW it.
    Chewy316 and UptownXguy3 like this.
    HOLY TOLEDO...TOUCHDOWN RAIDERS!!!

"Here it is. Snapped, spotted. It's kicked. That's got a chance. That is ... good. It's good. Holy Toledo, the place has gone wild. I don't believe it. I don't believe it. There are three seconds left in the game. There are three seconds left in the game. Well, if you can hear me, this place has gone wild. The Oakland Raiders 23, the Cleveland Browns 20. George Blanda has just been elected king of the world.''

BILL KING: 1927-2005

Hall of Famer
    At least for the first time I can remember an announcer had our back. Those were a couple blatantly blown calls.

(clipping and whistle)

Never heard an announcer go off like that.

Starter
    So If Hanson let that ball go out of bounds, it would've been fourth down?
    Yeah, ****ing ridiculous isn't it

dry23 is offline Banned
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 18uk_raider View Post
    Yeah, ****ing ridiculous isn't it
    But why did they say the bengals had the option of getting the ball from the spot it went out OR replaying the Down. That means they had determined a spot that the ball went out, In order to give them the first option

Starter
    But why did they say the bengals had the option of getting the ball from the spot it went out OR replaying the Down. That means they had determined a spot that the ball went out, In order to give them the first option
    I don't know and neither do the refs. I really hope they get knocked over by a truck on their way out of the stadium

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board

All i can say

* The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

beau is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Same CSukin thing every mfking game....
    Clipping...wuahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah a
    Whistle...wuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFF
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU U

Refs!!!

Chiefhater is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    What's bad is that Tommy Kelly was right along the sideline and made the call himself. But the refs for whatever reason blew the whistle like the ball went out of bounds.

Total incompetence.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information