Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Poole: Reeling Oakland Raiders will see former head coach

Chairman of the Board

Poole: Reeling Oakland Raiders will see former head coach

Poole: Reeling Oakland Raiders will see former head coach Hue Jackson in Cincinnati - Inside Bay Area

Running back Darren McFadden had developed into a star, though plagued by injury. Darrius Heyward-Bey, a first-round vanity project of late former owner Al Davis, emerged from Bustville to become a functional wide receiver. Fellow wideout Denarius Moore flashed tremendous promise.

Two years after Jackson was installed as offensive coordinator and solved Oakland's long-standing problem scoring points, that problem is back with a vengeance. The unit is a mess. Palmer is lost, so is Moore. McFadden was ineffective before sustaining an injury two weeks ago. DHB once again looks like a backup.
    We want to win. The Raider fans deserve it. The Raider players deserve it, even my organization deserves it. You have to win and you have to win with a vision for the Super Bowl. That's our passion here. - Al Davis

Hall of Famer
    We'll show them. We're running a triple quarterback formation! Who will get the snap? Palmer? Leinart? Pryor? Triple and quadruple flea flicker plays FTW!

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    on the money
    bleed4raiders likes this.

Hall of Famer
    I'm ready for people to come on and tell Poole to start covering another team if he doesn't like whats going on.
    Idaho Raider, DAYFM and delitax like this.

Idaho Raider is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by reapersgt View Post
    I'm ready for people to come on and tell Poole to start covering another team if he doesn't like whats going on.
    Yep, They should be here any minute.
    Naphtali likes this.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Woulda,coulda,shoulda.
    JUSTWINBABY9111 likes this.

Almaden is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Monty Poole just regurgitates tired old comments that are found all over the fan forums, blogs, newspapers, and radio sports talk shows. There is nothing new here. No new perspectives, no unique insights, nothing. I can't believe this guy gets paid for what he does. His columns are worthless.

DAYFM is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon View Post
    We'll show them. We're running a triple quarterback formation! Who will get the snap? Palmer? Leinart? Pryor? Triple and quadruple flea flicker plays FTW!

The sad truth is that this would be more effective than running Knapp's offense.
    biglizardone likes this.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Raider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reapersgt View Post
    Yep, They should be here any minute.
    lol yup! Two of them directly followed your post. I expect at least two others to chime in as well to say we have no talent and blame it all on the salary cap.

All-Pro
    But hey, what do you know! A writer who says what us who aren't in denial know. Hue Jackson was a good coach who had this team playing well. A ROOKIE coach at that. You know, like Allen who gets endless excuses for being a rookie. And Allen doesn't have the death of his owner looming over his head and isn't being forced into a major role he has no experience in mid-season. But he's a rookie...so...he gets a pass until 2028.

Hue though? That man makes me sick. Calling out the terrible play of his team. Just a horrible, horrible human being who shouldn't have a job for being such a meany head.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    lol yup! Two of them directly followed your post. I expect at least two others to chime in as well to say we have no talent and blame it all on the salary cap.
    I got a better idea lets all sit around and talk about what could have been if Hue was still around. Hue couldnt even get this sad sack team to win the west with Tebow in it, you really think this team would have had a shot with hue coaching this yr?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM View Post
    I got a better idea lets all sit around and talk about what could have been if Hue was still around. Hue couldnt even get this sad sack team to win the west with Tebow in it, you really think this team would have had a shot with hue coaching this yr?
    I can tell you one thing, we'd be looking forward to next week's game and we'd at least have playoff hopes. I can also tell you teams' gameplan would be completely different week in and week out. You don't understand how many of these blowouts would be completely different if we could have sustained a couple drives like last year in the 1st/2nd quarters.

Instead, team's see we don't have any run game (well...hopefully that changes with Reece) then see that Knapp is calling plays and..well...it's pretty smooth sailing from there.
    Naphtali and bleed4raiders like this.

Hall of Famer
    They just need to run the corner strike play. It works on Madden like 90% of the time for at least a first down.

Your running back just runs an angle across the middle about 10 yards out and then you toss the ball at him.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM View Post
    It's not even about that, but since you asked, yes I think we'd at least have a shot this year.
    BigPrimo likes this.

BigPrimo is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    It's not even about that, but since you asked, yes I think we'd at least have a shot this year.
    Im not a Hue supporter but i find it funny that in every thread people are saying give the coaches time and better players but Hue nor Cable got that luxury and Cables teams got better every year.

So I have to agree with you, continuity and a better D coordinator like Nolan (I believe this is who Hue wanted) we would be better right now. Isnt this the reason EVERYONE ELSE IS SAYING TO KEEP THIS STAFF ON...time to get better?

Knapp sucks btw.
    UptownXguy3 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information