Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Poole: Reeling Oakland Raiders will see former head coach

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by reapersgt View Post
    Rolling in the floor laughing my ass off...the steelers were injured? What were we? Gosh Dangit man maybe you banged your head to hard when Metallica was a good band.

I do admit hue isn't coming back doesn't mean I can't expect an improvement. So we got our tails beat by Miami last year...if you want to bring that up what did we do there this year? You realize we've only beat them twice since 1990 right? What do you think would happen this year against GB? Or Min? Or Hou? Or Chi? Or Det? Or Mia? Or even the NYJ who would've been a playoff team if we didn't beat them.

I don't think we would compete for the division this year regardless...I do think any Sunday we would stand a punchers chance. We had a Strong right hook...this year we are a twelve year old girl in the UFC trying to fight Anderson Silva.
    That yes they were injured but the difference is that had they of not of been like Hue and stubborn with his ways could've still beat the Broncos with adjusting the defensive play-calling in that game .
    That was on LeBeau he thought he could win even with the injuries they had and the loss of Ryan Clark not playing because of his health concerns for his sickle cell in Mile High . Which is a big time player to lose for non-injury when he is the leader of the secondary and getting them into position .

But they had the depth to make it to the playoffs and a coach that knew how to get them there . We had Hue that didn't know how to get us there much less the depth to play when the starters got injured . Same as this year players injured and we don't have the depth to overcome this like the well run teams do .

Hell Green Bay won the super bowl and had 17 players out on injuries for the year and then lost 3 of their starters in the super bowl to yet still won the game because of their depth .
    Damn amazing what depth means to a team and how important it is for you in this league .

Well actually we have beaten them 4 times since 1990 .

Nov.21st 1990 @ Miami L.A.Raiders 13 Miami 10
    Dec. 1st 1996 Oakland Raiders 17 Miami 7
    Jan. 6th 2001 Oakland Raiders 27 Miami 0 that was the playoffs to
    Sept. 30th 2007 Oakland Raiders 35 Miami 17

That I expect the samething I've been seeing is this group of pathetic players lose as that is what they know and do best . So why expect them to do anything differently .
    What I do expect though is for more of these sorry excuse of players to be out the door next year and likely out of the league altogether to .
    That more of the Burris, Wheeler , and Houston types be brought in as free agents and drafted that actually at least are actually showing Hustle and Passion for the game regardless of the score board . That maybe just maybe this regime is going to be able to get us out of the mess that Al put us in and bring some Talent here for a change and not be watching a high school track meet team trying to play football that Al was so in love with because they had to look good getting off of the bus didn't matter that they more then likely couldn't even spell Bus or much less to have the knowledge to grasp the nuances of the game to knowing when to adjust their route to picking up the 1st down because they know the design play is going to be short for them to get it . That they know when to get out of bounds and stopping the clock , to knowing when to break off the routes because you see the QB is getting pressure on him from the rushers to help him out .

That ability to pickup and Maintain Focus on the line to avoid the stupid penalties that hurt your team and sustain or kill drives because of them .
    That the practice of running these plays over and over through the week should be second nature for them on game day yet they still can't grasp them to execute them properly .

But that doesn't matter cause Al got what he wanted the guys all look good getting off the Bus and as long as they got that going for them who cares they can't do their jobs yet lets blame it on the staff because it has to be them cause this wonderful group of Models we have got to finish that oh so coveted 8-8 for two years straight that all teams want on their resumes for the year cause that is such a great thing to be is just a average team .

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallica0688 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reapersgt View Post
    Rolling in the floor laughing my ass off...the steelers were injured? What were we? Gosh Dangit man maybe you banged your head to hard when Metallica was a good band.

I do admit hue isn't coming back doesn't mean I can't expect an improvement. So we got our tails beat by Miami last year...if you want to bring that up what did we do there this year? You realize we've only beat them twice since 1990 right? What do you think would happen this year against GB? Or Min? Or Hou? Or Chi? Or Det? Or Mia? Or even the NYJ who would've been a playoff team if we didn't beat them.

I don't think we would compete for the division this year regardless...I do think any Sunday we would stand a punchers chance. We had a Strong right hook...this year we are a twelve year old girl in the UFC trying to fight Anderson Silva.
    That yes they were injured but the difference is that had they of not of been like Hue and stubborn with his ways could've still beat the Broncos with adjusting the defensive play-calling in that game .
    That was on LeBeau he thought he could win even with the injuries they had and the loss of Ryan Clark not playing because of his health concerns for his sickle cell in Mile High . Which is a big time player to lose for non-injury when he is the leader of the secondary and getting them into position .

But they had the depth to make it to the playoffs and a coach that knew how to get them there . We had Hue that didn't know how to get us there much less the depth to play when the starters got injured . Same as this year players injured and we don't have the depth to overcome this like the well run teams do .

Hell Green Bay won the super bowl and had 17 players out on injuries for the year and then lost 3 of their starters in the super bowl to yet still won the game because of their depth .
    Damn amazing what depth means to a team and how important it is for you in this league .

Well actually we have beaten them 4 times since 1990 .

Nov.21st 1990 @ Miami L.A.Raiders 13 Miami 10
    Dec. 1st 1996 Oakland Raiders 17 Miami 7
    Jan. 6th 2001 Oakland Raiders 27 Miami 0 that was the playoffs to
    Sept. 30th 2007 Oakland Raiders 35 Miami 17

That I expect the samething I've been seeing is this group of pathetic players lose as that is what they know and do best . So why expect them to do anything differently .
    What I do expect though is for more of these sorry excuse of players to be out the door next year and likely out of the league altogether to .
    That more of the Burris, Wheeler , and Houston types be brought in as free agents and drafted that actually at least are actually showing Hustle and Passion for the game regardless of the score board . That maybe just maybe this regime is going to be able to get us out of the mess that Al put us in and bring some Talent here for a change and not be watching a high school track meet team trying to play football that Al was so in love with because they had to look good getting off of the bus didn't matter that they more then likely couldn't even spell Bus or much less to have the knowledge to grasp the nuances of the game to knowing when to adjust their route to picking up the 1st down because they know the design play is going to be short for them to get it . That they know when to get out of bounds and stopping the clock , to knowing when to break off the routes because you see the QB is getting pressure on him from the rushers to help him out .

That ability to pickup and Maintain Focus on the line to avoid the stupid penalties that hurt your team and sustain or kill drives because of them .
    That the practice of running these plays over and over through the week should be second nature for them on game day yet they still can't grasp them to execute them properly .

But that doesn't matter cause Al got what he wanted the guys all look good getting off the Bus and as long as they got that going for them who cares they can't do their jobs yet lets blame it on the staff because it has to be them cause this wonderful group of Models we have got to finish that oh so coveted 8-8 for two years straight that all teams want on their resumes for the year cause that is such a great thing to be is just a average team .
    First sorry for getting the win total wrong with Miami I went off memory, and screwed up.

Second: Burris is a rookie who is going to make mistakes: jury is still out, but can we please stop acting like Wheeler is anything but a barely average LBer. Hes had 2 good games stopping the run. He can't cover for the life of him. Good job Reggie you found us 1 average player in Free Agency Hurray lets plan our team around him!

Third: yeah I WOULD rather be 8-8 every year than what we're doing now. You know why? 3 bounces in your favor and your 11-5. Meaningful football in Nov/Dec. I'm sure last year you hated the fact that week 17 we were still playing a decisive game!

Fourth: that model garbag? Get out of town with that. You know what I'm blaming on the staff is the fact that our team doesn't even show up in the adjustment quarter (3rd) what is the comeback for that? This team looks good getting off the bus. Decent in the 1st half and canned a$$ in the 3rd quarter. I guess the talent level we have tumbles in the 3rd quarter?
    What do the starters give their backups their jersys and say go have fun?

Fifth; stop making excuses for DA...just stop...until you can give me an example of him doing something...anything good.

Sixth and final: I'm tired of hearing about GBs depth and Houston's offense. Knapp had nothing to do with the O on Houston and RM was what in GB? Director of made up position cause you've been here awhile and I like you? He may have had his hand in the pond but ted Thompson was the one neck deep pooling the catfish out with his bare hands.

jrhone is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallica0688 View Post
    Damn all this love for this Hue person yet can't win a division with Tebow as the QB and then think he could won it or be in a playoff position with Peyton in it .

Damn you guys need to start sharing your weed with the rest of so we can be as delusional as all of you all in this thinking that would happen .

Maybe look at joining the Bengals fan base so at least you all can start threads over there for Hue to be the Head Coach and fire Marvin Lewis ones too .
    So until Manning retires no one in the AFC West should even try??? BS!!! They are beatable....and last I checked...predictions for the AFC Wildcard team were a 8-8 team will PROBABLY be in the wildcard hunt. So would I rather be in the playoff picture EVERY year, or be 3-13 waiting for Manning to retire...oh by then they will probably fire Norv and then we will be waiting for Rivers to retire....

For all the people that want "Stability" within the organization....BS. I want EXCELLENCE. Is DA an EXCELLENT coach in ANY, I mean ANY way?? NO. Move on....NEXT. Bad hire. Hire me...I may grow into the job after a few seasons. LOL. This is the same guy who doesnt challenge spots, gets faked out for fake FGs, calls onside kicks for no reason, shows ZERO emotion, can't motivate anyone to play, and when another coach punks him and rubs his face in the mud doesnt defend himself. That alone should have ended the Dennis Allen era.

The LAST thing I want to hear again are how this team is horrible. We need more talent. PLEASE STOP.

This SAME team, with Harbaugh (either of them), Mora, HUE JACKSON, Belichick, Tomiln, Gruden, Coughlin, Cable, Peyton, Carroll, and probably half the OC's in the league would have this team at 8-8 or better. So why is ANYONE defending this coach for not living up to that? Oh its is first year, lets give him at least 3. None of those guys got (Cable or Hue) 3, or would need 3 to go 8-8.

This team does not compete on any level...Its not the players, its the coaches.

JUSTWINBABY9111 is online now Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jrhone View Post
    So until Manning retires no one in the AFC West should even try??? BS!!! They are beatable....and last I checked...predictions for the AFC Wildcard team were a 8-8 team will PROBABLY be in the wildcard hunt. So would I rather be in the playoff picture EVERY year, or be 3-13 waiting for Manning to retire...oh by then they will probably fire Norv and then we will be waiting for Rivers to retire....

For all the people that want "Stability" within the organization....BS. I want EXCELLENCE. Is DA an EXCELLENT coach in ANY, I mean ANY way?? NO. Move on....NEXT. Bad hire. Hire me...I may grow into the job after a few seasons. LOL. This is the same guy who doesnt challenge spots, gets faked out for fake FGs, calls onside kicks for no reason, shows ZERO emotion, can't motivate anyone to play, and when another coach punks him and rubs his face in the mud doesnt defend himself. That alone should have ended the Dennis Allen era.

The LAST thing I want to hear again are how this team is horrible. We need more talent. PLEASE STOP.

This SAME team, with Harbaugh (either of them), Mora, HUE JACKSON, Belichick, Tomiln, Gruden, Coughlin, Cable, Peyton, Carroll, and probably half the OC's in the league would have this team at 8-8 or better. So why is ANYONE defending this coach for not living up to that? Oh its is first year, lets give him at least 3. None of those guys got (Cable or Hue) 3, or would need 3 to go 8-8.

This team does not compete on any level...Its not the players, its the coaches.
    Have you watched the Raiders at all? Who is our "next?" One of those top guys, or a up and comer? Raider reality is we are rebuilding from the top down, starting with our reputation, and then we have to ask, does Mark want to pay coaches top dollar? Al didn't.

Hall of Famer

Poole: Reeling Oakland Raiders will see former head coach

That's an answer I can live with! Why are we stuck in the Dennis Allen era? Mark Davis is to cheap to hire a real coach! At least you admit DA isn't top notch.

•I will give it to you though justwinbaby your last few posts have been on point. Seems like you may have pulled your head out of the sand.

TipTopKop is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Michael Silver is a bitter bitter man on Yahoo Sports, talking as if the Bungles are now a superbowl team while we're struggling.

While the latter may be true, in no way is Cincy anywhere near what he's making them out to be, but that's fine, his buddy Hue left so he's crying, trying to get quotes from 'experts' like Houshmenzadeh on what he thinks of the Raiders, yeah, another ex-bum who's bitter about no longer being able to use the franchise like an ATM.

Win, lose, or draw, getting rid of utter garbage like Housh, Hue, Wimbley, Routt and many others has to be one of the smartest long term moves any organization can make.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information