Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Story: Raiders have Gutted half their roster

Hall of Famer
    In 2015 who is left?

It is a way away, but not that long. How long has Reed been with the Ravens, how long was Ward with the Steelers, etc. So in 2015 who is left?

Offense

Moore - maybe
    Reece - maybe
    Veldheer - likely
    Wiz - maybe
    Meyers - maybe
    Streater or Criner or Hagan - could be

Offense looks like there is a chance at some continuity, a good thing. Rough patch now, but it can be fixed.

Defense

Burris - maybe
    Houston - maybe
    Bryant - maybe

That is all I see. Pretty chaotic times on defense.
    cheapshotartist likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Hmmmm, so the problem Im seeing is out of the 25 players that were not brought back from last year only 2 of them were overpaid and had bad contracts.
    We still have DHB, Seymour, Kelly, McClain, Branch, Huff, DMC, Jano, and Lechler that are way overpaid and have bad contracts.
    Wish we could of dumped another couple of bad contracts last year.
    How many bad contracts can we dump after this year ?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Hmmmm, so the problem Im seeing is out of the 25 players that were not brought back from last year only 2 of them were overpaid and had bad contracts.
    We still have DHB, Seymour, Kelly, McClain, Branch, Huff, DMC, Jano, and Lechler that are way overpaid and have bad contracts.
    Wish we could of dumped another couple of bad contracts last year.
    How many bad contracts can we dump after this year ?
    I think we should dump about 45-50 mil of bad contracts. Might cost us 15-20 mil in dead money, but well worth it going forward. We wouldn't even miss them.

dry23 is offline Banned
    Veteran
    This team is like a donut...full of empty calories/contracts.

The contracts of DHB, Kelly, Seymour, Branch, Huff, McClain, and DMAC add up to $73,172,434

4 of out those 7 didn't even play last week.

And for the other 3, Mr. McClain and Huff are garbage, and Kelly has regressed tremendously this year.

Very depressing

Hall of Famer

Story: Raiders have Gutted half their roster

Yeah, we'll have half the wins, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeinrichmond View Post
    I just hope the Raiders win a superbowl before the return of Jesus. All I can do is hope.
    "Davis was one of the greatest coaches I have ever observed... A truly great coach. Had he remained in coaching, he would be considered one of the greatest of all time". - Bill Walsh

Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    The stat showing the number of players who aren't getting a gig elsewhere in the league since leaving us is quite alarming. It shows how bad the depth on this roster has been over the past few years. Next off-season we will see even more players leave the team, and I would be willing to bet big $$$ that said released players won't be getting jobs in the NFL with other teams with the same roles they have here. This upcoming draft is going to be crucial: the first building block where we can possibly add an impact player to either side of the ball in the first round.
    Do it once, do it right. Or don't do it at all.
    Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

Follow me on Twitter: @HBNadolny

Almaden is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by radrnatn View Post
    should of kept satele,bush,loper,john henderson
    lol.

Almaden is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    They got rid of the top half of the team. After all, what good is a bunch of heads? Keeping the bottom half, with all the arms and legs was smart.

Hall of Famer
    For comparison, the Patriots parted ways with roughly 23 players. 12 of those players are no longer playing in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV5490 View Post
    Possibly more concerning is the fact that he's a pro athlete wearing a Balance Bracelet. I'm not sure anyone stupid enough to fall for that has the brains to lead a professional team.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    We can post whatever we want to post on the board but the game is played on the field.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dry23 View Post
    This team is like a donut...full of empty calories/contracts.

The contracts of DHB, Kelly, Seymour, Branch, Huff, McClain, and DMAC add up to $73,172,434

4 of out those 7 didn't even play last week.

And for the other 3, Mr. McClain and Huff are garbage, and Kelly has regressed tremendously this year.

Very depressing
    I agree........... we should have probowlers for that kind of money

Ratim is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    For comparison, the Patriots parted ways with roughly 23 players. 12 of those players are no longer playing in the NFL.
    Don't forget each year you have a number of rookies join each team, of those drafted anywhere from 5 to 7 make the roster, this is not including the UDFAs. Each team only has 53 places to fill so the worst players/large cap hit players on each team are let go and unless they are better than the worst players on another team or the other teanm can afford them they leave the NFL.

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    Defense

Burris - maybe
    Houston - maybe
    Bryant - maybe

That is all I see. Pretty chaotic times on defense.
    I agree our defense needs a total rebuild starting with the DL/LB's our front seven has really been terrible for many moons. I'd like to see our defense get to the point where Burris, Wheeler, Houston and Bryant would be back ups. I want a top ten defense!

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    The stat showing the number of players who aren't getting a gig elsewhere in the league since leaving us is quite alarming. It shows how bad the depth on this roster has been over the past few years. Next off-season we will see even more players leave the team, and I would be willing to bet big $$$ that said released players won't be getting jobs in the NFL with other teams with the same roles they have here. This upcoming draft is going to be crucial: the first building block where we can possibly add an impact player to either side of the ball in the first round.
    Word.
    heavyD likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    I agree our defense needs a total rebuild starting with the DL/LB's our front seven has really been terrible for many moons. I'd like to see our defense get to the point where Burris, Wheeler, Houston and Bryant would be back ups. I want a top ten defense!
    I agree. The best way to start a positive rebuild is with a strong foundation on defense. As long as Palmer remains there is enough talent on offense to remain competitive and if I was Reggie I would use the entire 2013 draft to take defensive players. I would rather go the 49ers route of building a defense first than the Lions route of building the offense first.

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    I agree. The best way to start a positive rebuild is with a strong foundation on defense. As long as Palmer remains there is enough talent on offense to remain competitive and if I was Reggie I would use the entire 2013 draft to take defensive players. I would rather go the 49ers route of building a defense first than the Lions route of building the offense first.
    Word, build your defense first then build your offense. If our current defense could hold the other team to 20 points or less a game we would have a winning record with our current offense. We are losing because of our defense not because of our offense but around here we lose because of Knapp.
    Lakim likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    Wasn't McFadden supposed to be back in 1 or 2 weeks? I'll stick with my initial prognosis of him coming back in Mid December.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information