Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: I envy the whiners playing style

R8rHead is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

I envy the whiners playing style

Smash mouth Running game..with a defense that will choke you out

I get sick to my stomach wishing Al had Hired Harbaugh ...didnt we Interview the guy?

sigh.....
    Raiders Baby! likes this.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by R8rHead View Post

I get sick to my stomach wishing Al had Hired Harbaugh ...didnt we Interview the guy?

sigh.....
    I could be wrong but I think we interviewed him 2 different times.

Funny thing is, I think he's an @ss. But I would have loved him here, lol!

R8rHead is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_dick_steele View Post
    I could be wrong but I think we interviewed him 2 different times.

Funny thing is, I think he's an @ss. But I would have loved him here, lol!
    he was a QB coach for us in 2002 from what Im researching now....arrrrrrrrrrgh

Chairman of the Board
    Do you know how hard it is to deal with "whiner-fan" right about now?
    Eastbay39 likes this.
    We want to win. The Raider fans deserve it. The Raider players deserve it, even my organization deserves it. You have to win and you have to win with a vision for the Super Bowl. That's our passion here. - Al Davis

blackandblued is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    whiners? Have you listened to raider's fans lately? Remember the lawsuit thread? :p

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by blackandblued View Post
    whiners? Have you listened to raider's fans lately? Remember the lawsuit thread? :p
    eh, that name will always stick. just like the chefs, donkeys, dolts, etc
    Chewy316 and R8rHead like this.
    We want to win. The Raider fans deserve it. The Raider players deserve it, even my organization deserves it. You have to win and you have to win with a vision for the Super Bowl. That's our passion here. - Al Davis

raiderfan_1990 is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

I envy the whiners playing style

49ers will win the Superbowl. I'm a die hard raiders fan and been to every game but I have nothing against them I just hate some of there fans

paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    The way I remember it, Harbaugh declined to be interviewed for Cable's job, while lauding Al for his insight and contributions. He is a jerk, but no dummy.
    JUSTWINBABY9111 likes this.

Biekert54 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    As I have always asked, why would any highly recruited coach come to the Raiders? We have been the epitome of dysfunction in the NFL for a decade and coaches get 1 year to win it all or they are fired. We get old rehashes that no one else wants or young guys looking for their first shot. Harbaugh was that young guy, but he was highly sought after. He had better options. The 49ers were one of them.
    cad and foodisgood70 like this.

Hall of Famer

sigh.....
    All due respect to Harbaugh, but the Niners foundation was set well prior to Harbaugh's arrival. It's not like he was around to build the team. He inherited a pretty good situation roster wise. I thought the 2010 Niners were pretty good, but lost several close games early in the season starting 0-5 and faded under Sing Sing as the season progressed. Had they pulled out some wins in the early going, they could have been a playoff team and Harbaugh would have never got the job as Sing Sing would have never been fired. I watch Harbaugh's face week to week and I can't help but think he's saying to himself "what a lucky bastard I am getting this gig full of beastly players and everyone thinks I'm a genius, but I'm not telling". When the Ninesr talent thins out in a couple of years we will see how good Harbaugh really is.
    trur8r, Pledge and B. anthracis like this.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
    The way I remember it, Harbaugh declined to be interviewed for Cable's job, while lauding Al for his insight and contributions. He is a jerk, but no dummy.
    The reports I read said he and Al were pretty close friends, but Harbaugh wanted at least 5 million per. I guess it's all about who you read and who you believe. I will admit that the Niner gig was much more attractive with all the young talent and the Yorks were definitely willing to break the bank for him. If Al wasn't such a cheapskate we might have landed him. But would he have made such a big difference?? The Niners are loaded and he is riding that horse as if he is the main reason. I still say he landed on a goldmine of talent that was just about ready to explode when he arrived. Just my opinion.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Of Hands View Post
    The reports I read said he and Al were pretty close friends, but Harbaugh wanted at least 5 million per. I guess it's all about who you read and who you believe. I will admit that the Niner gig was much more attractive with all the young talent and the Yorks were definitely willing to break the bank for him. If Al wasn't such a cheapskate we might have landed him. But would he have made such a big difference?? The Niners are loaded and he is riding that horse as if he is the main reason. I still say he landed on a goldmine of talent that was just about ready to explode when he arrived. Just my opinion.
    He did land on a goldmine of talent (defensively, anyways), but he got them winning where the other coach(es) didn't/couldn't.

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    The 9ers are a class organization, a few years ago they were as bad as we were but their front office put together a run of great drafts starting with Patrick Willis and they now have a top team along with a good young HC. Hopefully RM can take us down the same road.

Hall of Famer
    They have a good head coach and coaching staff no doubt.
    But you can name 8 to 10 pro bowlers on that team, and good depth.

Make the job so much easier.

Meanwhile we don't have even one pro bowler unless you count kickers.

B. anthracis is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

sigh.....
    What's a tactful way to put it... Um, Al died a couple years too late. Harbaugh would have never come here while Al was the owner.

However, Harbaugh is reaping the rewards of what Mike Singletary and his staff was able to accomplish in terms of putting together a great defense. What Harbaugh has done has make the offense competent. It's notable that when teams are able to put up some points on the 9'ers, suddenly their offense looks horrible. SF is a good team but if they get down by two scores, they're in deep trouble. Had Harbaugh come here, even after Al's passing, this team would not be as good as San Francisco because Harbaugh wouldn't have inherited one of the best defenses in the NFL.

ETA: I didn't read Sea of Hands post before I posted this^. He put it better than I did.
    cheapshotartist likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information