Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Is It Time to See What Terrelle Pryor Can Do?

Hall of Famer

Is It Time to See What Terrelle Pryor Can Do?

Oakland Raiders: Is It Time to See What Terrelle Pryor Can Do? | Bleacher Report

I totally agree with this article. Not this week and maybe not the next. but I see no reason not play Pryor for at least 2 or 3 weeks at the end of a lost season just to see what he has. If it's nothing at qb, then we move on or try him at tight end. If he shows something, he can be the solid back waiting for his time to start or maybe we trade him to fill more pressing needs.
    ThePointAfterIG likes this.

Jmac89 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

Hell no I don't even want him as the future qb for the raiders.
    MadBomber24, MikeD and chudezee like this.

claretonmyshirt is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Not starting yet, maybe the last couple of games of the season though. What I don't understand is if we are 20 points down in the 4th with 10 minutes to play and the game is basically over why we don't put Pryor in then.
    bleed4raiders likes this.

Live.B.A.Raida is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmac89 View Post
    Hell no I don't even want him as the future qb for the raiders.
    wtf? what if he turns out to be a great qb? you still wouldn't want him as the future qb? hmmm.... things that make you wonder....

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDER_Dave View Post
    Oakland Raiders: Is It Time to See What Terrelle Pryor Can Do? | Bleacher Report

I totally agree with this article. Not this week and maybe not the next. but I see no reason not play Pryor for at least 2 or 3 weeks at the end of a lost season just to see what he has. If it's nothing at qb, then we move on or try him at tight end. If he shows something, he can be the solid back waiting for his time to start or maybe we trade him to fill more pressing needs.
    Starting? No.

But at this point why not give him a couple of series during the game. I'm on board with that.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Start Pryor against the Bengals !

OTF
    Hall of Famer

Are we trying to get the #1 pick? If so then that is a great plan...

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    I don't read Bleacher Report articles. The answer is no though.
    Ratbitw, Chewy316, MikeD and 1 others like this.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

Jmac89 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

I'm not hating on pryor but I don't think he's a nfl caliber qb I take Colin kapernick over him any day

Hall of Famer
    Thing is at some point we need to evaluate him. A couple series at the end of games with deflated teammates isn't going to do that.
    He also is not the type of QB who can be truly evaluated in practice. He's not a classic drop back and fire guy. I don't think he'll ever shine at that. His strength will be in moving around and keeping plays alive and running with the ball. That stuff doesn't show in practice.
    Raider Ran likes this.

No point in playing him. Playing him will simply send a message out to the rest of the players that this team isn't bothered about winning this season.

It will do more harm than good, for the team and his future progression. Imagine him behind our O-Line? - he'll get killed even with his speed.

Now if your asking if it's worth putting him in a few red zone situations then maybe but dropping Palmer for Pryor would accomplish nothing.

If Palmer was playing like sh1t it would be worth considering but most people would agree that without Palmer this season, we'd be 0-9.

Hall of Famer

ah , not that i seeing it happening this week or next , but why not start Pryor now ? what is this team waiting and waiting for ? All the Palmerettes say , well Carson (The Mad Bomber) gives the team a better chance of winning Right ? ""Breaking News Flash"" is the team winning with Palmer at the helm ? Big Fat NO !! Also they say , well Palmer gives the team a better chance of being competitive right? Ah , Big Fat NO !!! Also Palmer gives the team a better chance of not becoming a Laughing stock right ?? Another Big Fat NO !!

The point is this unspeakably bad team is losing anyway !! And the team is Not competetive anyway and this team is a Laughing stock of the NFL !! I'm not saying it's all Palmers fault at all , The D stinks to high hell as well as the coaching !!! But what the hell do they have to lose by giving pryor a chance somewhere ??

Maybe the kid will show Potential or maybe not , i can't predict the Future ! If Pryor fails after he's given a solid chance , "and i mean much more than just a few games" , then I'll gladly kick his ass to the curb and move on in another direction !! That's football !!!
    bleed4raiders likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by english_raider View Post
    No point in playing him. Playing him will simply send a message out to the rest of the players that this team isn't bothered about winning this season.

It will do more harm than good, for the team and his future progression. Imagine him behind our O-Line? - he'll get killed even with his speed.

Now if your asking if it's worth putting him in a few red zone situations then maybe but dropping Palmer for Pryor would accomplish nothing.

If Palmer was playing like sh1t it would be worth considering but most people would agree that without Palmer this season, we'd be 0-9.
    I didn't say anyhting about replacing Palmer. I even stated that if Pryor does well, then we know we have a solid backup next year. If he fails, then get rid of him. Sitting on the bench in street clothes is not showing us anything.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Or, the offensive line might have its best game of the year.
    You might consider how hard it is to block for a Palmer when he is standing back there like a statue.

Quote Originally Posted by english_raider View Post
    Imagine him behind our O-Line? - he'll get killed even with his speed.

ThePointAfterIG likes this.

Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    No
    OTF and Raider Ran like this.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information