Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 197
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Is It Time to See What Terrelle Pryor Can Do?

  1. #61
    blah_blah is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,230
    I didn't like him when he played at Ohio State.. I thought he should have went to Michigan and would have been a perfect fit for that Rich Rodriguez's offense..

    But when we are getting blown out.. like at B-more.. I would have liked to see him at QB to see what he can do.. so we will know if want to spend another year with the kid or at least give some playing time so maybe some team will trade him.. probably nothing more than a 7th but something...

    If we are getting blown out again, I think it's time for him to get some snaps..

  2. #62
    RAIDER_Dave is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblood View Post
    I would not be surprised if Oakland trades him in the off season. As for him playing this year, not seeing it happen with Carson at the helm.
    Trade him for what, a bag of chips? Who gives up anything for a guy who sits on the bench in street clothes for two years?
    Chewy316 and Rainman56 like this.

  3. #63
    WNYRAIDER is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,117
    Quote Originally Posted by oakpyrate81 View Post
    ah , not that i seeing it happening this week or next , but why not start Pryor now ? what is this team waiting and waiting for ? All the Palmerettes say , well Carson (The Mad Bomber) gives the team a better chance of winning Right ? ""Breaking News Flash"" is the team winning with Palmer at the helm ? Big Fat NO !! Also they say , well Palmer gives the team a better chance of being competitive right? Ah , Big Fat NO !!! Also Palmer gives the team a better chance of not becoming a Laughing stock right ?? Another Big Fat NO !!

    The point is this unspeakably bad team is losing anyway !! And the team is Not competetive anyway and this team is a Laughing stock of the NFL !! I'm not saying it's all Palmers fault at all , The D stinks to high hell as well as the coaching !!! But what the hell do they have to lose by giving pryor a chance somewhere ??

    Maybe the kid will show Potential or maybe not , i can't predict the Future ! If Pryor fails after he's given a solid chance , "and i mean much more than just a few games" , then I'll gladly kick his ass to the curb and move on in another direction !! That's football !!!
    All stupidity aside, if the goal is to try and develop our young, talented and mistake prone receiving core, i would have to say that the notion of starting a guy like Pryer who obviously is no where near close to NFL ready, would set back the development of the numerous other guys we hope will be contributors in the future big time. ...and they need all the work they can get, and not just blocking downfield...

    After a minimum of thought, and after having applied a small dose of common sense, the obvious answer would be 'no'.

  4. #64
    WNYRAIDER is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,117
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    0-9 without Palmer ?

    I'm thinking that with Leinart and, or Pryor playing QB the Raiders record right now would be 5-5 , 6-4, something like that.

    The Raiders have a lot of athletic, talented players. But the team chemsitry is not there with Palmer. He is too slow, immoblie, and that affects the play of his team.
    ...are you sure you don't normally post with a blubber ass in your avatar?

  5. #65
    Chewy316's Avatar
    Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,768
    The coaches work with Pryor every single day. I trust their judgment if he isn't activated. Palmer will be the QB in 2013 so this becomes a mute point.
    Do it once, do it right. Or don't do it at all.
    Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

    Follow me on Twitter: @HBNadolny

  6. #66
    SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,088
    Either that or the development of the "numerous other guys", such as offensive lineman, backs, recivers etc... would improve by having an athletic, fast tempo, mobile QB playing instead of a statue like Palmer.

    And where did this concept of "NFL ready" come from ? This year 5 NFL teams have started rookie QB's.
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYRAIDER View Post
    i would have to say that the notion of starting a guy like Pryer who obviously is no where near close to NFL ready, would set back the development of the numerous other guys we hope will be contributors in the future big time. ...and they need all the work they can get, and not just blocking downfield...

    .

  7. #67
    SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,088
    Positive.

    Quote Originally Posted by WNYRAIDER View Post
    ...are you sure you don't normally post with a blubber ass in your avatar?

  8. #68
    ThePointAfterIG's Avatar
    ThePointAfterIG is offline
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    778
    For those stating that Pryor isn't ready to play because the supposed all knowing coaching staff deemed him not ready, ponder this:

    This is the same coaching staff that deemed Willie Smith as the best available option to start at tackle after repeatedly giving up multiple backbreaking crucial penalties game after game after game...


    Pryor should be playing right now. Any other team that's 3 - 7 (and historically throughout the NFL) would be throwing in the towel by now and be playing all the players on their roster by now for evaluation purposes and to get the players experience. The fact that the Raiders haven't shows you how inept and backwards Reggie's staff truly is. So the whole he isn't ready argument is bull. If he wasn't ready he wouldn't be in the NFL at all, and especially wouldn't be on an NFL teams roster.
    UptownXguy3 and SF_Raider_Fan like this.

  9. #69
    BigPrimo is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    296
    If we are rebuilding then the answer is yes..

  10. #70
    E.99Raider's Avatar
    E.99Raider is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Imperial, California, United States
    Posts
    512
    Well we need to activate him first...;/

  11. #71
    SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,088
    Oh yeah, tell it !

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePointAfterIG View Post
    For those stating that Pryor isn't ready to play because the supposed all knowing coaching staff deemed him not ready, ponder this:

    This is the same coaching staff that deemed Willie Smith as the best available option to start at tackle after repeatedly giving up multiple backbreaking crucial penalties game after game after game...


    Pryor should be playing right now. Any other team that's 3 - 7 (and historically throughout the NFL) would be throwing in the towel by now and be playing all the players on their roster by now for evaluation purposes and to get the players experience. The fact that the Raiders haven't shows you how inept and backwards Reggie's staff truly is. So the whole he isn't ready argument is bull. If he wasn't ready he wouldn't be in the NFL at all, and especially wouldn't be on an NFL teams roster.

  12. #72
    Chewy316's Avatar
    Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,768
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePointAfterIG View Post
    For those stating that Pryor isn't ready to play because the supposed all knowing coaching staff deemed him not ready, ponder this:

    This is the same coaching staff that deemed Willie Smith as the best available option to start at tackle after repeatedly giving up multiple backbreaking crucial penalties game after game after game...


    Pryor should be playing right now. Any other team that's 3 - 7 (and historically throughout the NFL) would be throwing in the towel by now and be playing all the players on their roster by now for evaluation purposes and to get the players experience. The fact that the Raiders haven't shows you how inept and backwards Reggie's staff truly is. So the whole he isn't ready argument is bull. If he wasn't ready he wouldn't be in the NFL at all, and especially wouldn't be on an NFL teams roster.
    So who do you suppose should have been put at RT instead of Willie Smith? Smith for starters was a backup to Barnes who got injured. The other options were Lucas Nix, Tony Bergstrom or Alex Parsons. Of those three, Parsons is the only one with any NFL experience coming into this season (practice squad guy last year). The other two guys were rookies. Furthermore, all three of those guys hadn't received any reps at RT in practice. So yes, Willie Smith was the only guy they could have put out there. Just more proof as to how much talent this team is lacking.

    As for your throwing in the towel comment: No team in the NFL throws in the towel until it is mathematically impossible to make the playoffs. Apart from Pryor, you claim that the Raiders aren't using all of their players on their roster. Please name the players that should be playing more. The majority of scrubs on this team who are currently starting were penciled in as backups when the season began and are playing because the starters have been injured, exaggerating the talent gap between us and other teams. To top that off, what advantage does putting Pryor in there have? He's a third string QB, couldn't even beat Matt Leinart for the backup job in training camp and you guys think he can come in and start, when the only reps he's had in practice are with the scout team which most likely consists of Taiwan Jones, Owen Schmitt, Derek Hagan and Juron Criner. Do you suppose we start these guys too? Bloody hell I thought we had enough of the backup QB love when Gradkowski left
    Do it once, do it right. Or don't do it at all.
    Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

    Follow me on Twitter: @HBNadolny

  13. #73
    JUSTWINBABY9111's Avatar
    JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    So who do you suppose should have been put at RT instead of Willie Smith? Smith for starters was a backup to Barnes who got injured. The other options were Lucas Nix, Tony Bergstrom or Alex Parsons. Of those three, Parsons is the only one with any NFL experience coming into this season (practice squad guy last year). The other two guys were rookies. Furthermore, all three of those guys hadn't received any reps at RT in practice. So yes, Willie Smith was the only guy they could have put out there. Just more proof as to how much talent this team is lacking.

    As for your throwing in the towel comment: No team in the NFL throws in the towel until it is mathematically impossible to make the playoffs. Apart from Pryor, you claim that the Raiders aren't using all of their players on their roster. Please name the players that should be playing more. The majority of scrubs on this team who are currently starting were penciled in as backups when the season began and are playing because the starters have been injured, exaggerating the talent gap between us and other teams. To top that off, what advantage does putting Pryor in there have? He's a third string QB, couldn't even beat Matt Leinart for the backup job in training camp and you guys think he can come in and start, when the only reps he's had in practice are with the scout team which most likely consists of Taiwan Jones, Owen Schmitt, Derek Hagan and Juron Criner. Do you suppose we start these guys too? Bloody hell I thought we had enough of the backup QB love when Gradkowski left
    To add to that, Knapp worked with TJ Yates, and he played damn good for the Texans last season, I trust his opinion of Pryor, all he does well is QBs. He's still our #3. I mean it's not far-fetched that a player who was over hyped by Rosenhaus as a 1st round talent, may not be that good. At least not now. He ran a good 40 and it sealed his fate. Destined to be a Raider.
    Chewy316 likes this.

  14. #74
    sa_dick_steele's Avatar
    sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    2,518
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePointAfterIG View Post
    For those stating that Pryor isn't ready to play because the supposed all knowing coaching staff deemed him not ready, ponder this:

    This is the same coaching staff that deemed Willie Smith as the best available option to start at tackle after repeatedly giving up multiple backbreaking crucial penalties game after game after game...


    Pryor should be playing right now. Any other team that's 3 - 7 (and historically throughout the NFL) would be throwing in the towel by now and be playing all the players on their roster by now for evaluation purposes and to get the players experience. The fact that the Raiders haven't shows you how inept and backwards Reggie's staff truly is. So the whole he isn't ready argument is bull. If he wasn't ready he wouldn't be in the NFL at all, and especially wouldn't be on an NFL teams roster.
    Sooo, are you saying that the Panthers shouldn't be starting Cam right now? Maybe Miami should let Matt Moore start right now, you know, for evaluation purposes. 4-6 is bad too right? Sit Rivers and Gates. Cleveland should probably see what they got for a backup RB, sit Richardson. Heck sit Weeden too. Point being not every team does this nor should they unless they feel they are ready. Pryor is not even close to ready.

    Pryor should not be starting at all. I'm all for putting a few packages together so he can play a series or two, but starting? Do you really want to see that? He won't be what you think with the supporting cast he currently has.
    Chewy316 and RaiderXLeo like this.

  15. #75
    ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTWINBABY9111 View Post
    To add to that, Knapp worked with TJ Yates, and he played damn good for the Texans last season, I trust his opinion of Pryor, all he does well is QBs. He's still our #3. I mean it's not far-fetched that a player who was over hyped by Rosenhaus as a 1st round talent, may not be that good. At least not now. He ran a good 40 and it sealed his fate. Destined to be a Raider.

    I agree. With that said, they did kick Leinart to the curb once Yates lit it up. If Yates never got that chance...then Leinart would still be collecting the Texans money.

    Again, neither guy is better than the starter (Palmer/Schaub)...but Leinart could just be a good enough practice player to keep the backup job in front of younger/more talented guys..

    Just playing devil's advocate.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •