Thread: For those who blaming it all on the coaches

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board

For those who blaming it all on the coaches

May be a good time to get NFL replay.
    only $49.99 (down $20 from week 1)
    watch the coaches cam, and you can see how many Defense players are not lines up right, bite on certain plays, and/or not playing the player they are supposed to.
    you can also see how many of the INTs Palmer threw was because of his type of throwing.
    he has faith in his WR to be on the mark and many of these rookie WRs run a different pattern, making it look like Palmer was throwing it to god knows where.
    I am trying to go back and look at some of the Oline, and ZBS and Mcfaddens lack of yardage.
    which is another good thing, you can re-watch every game from week one to present
    just a suggestion before many of you point fingers as why do we have Allen as a HC, ect.. ect..
    i am not sticking up for knapp or any coach.
    but when you see the lack of execution, then you may feel different?

but many also have there mind set on hating so it will not matter much for them folk.
    Link to sign up: https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/sec...page.GR.GP_Nav
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Chairman of the Board
    what??? try and actually see what the issue is before making an opinion ( or more importantly comment about it)? Come on man you expect people to make an effort to have an educated opinion? It's easier to be blind and think things would be better with different coaches.

seriously it's obvious the players are not executing. Players have to learn the fundamentals and contrary to popular belief it takes a lot of time for some players to change their habits no matter how much the coaches work on it.

The comments that get me the most are the ones about coaches not making adjustments and such. like they actually know enough about the inner workings of a football game to know what the coaches are or are not doing.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Makes one wonder what the coaching staff taught players during mini camps, training camps, preseseason , mid season week day practice sessions etc....
    "Execution" comes from productive practice sesssions where players learn their techniques so well they can perform them in their sleep. If execution is poor, that's on the coaching staff for not making good use of preseason and season long practice time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi18 View Post
    watch the coaches cam, and you can see how many Defense players are not lines up right, bite on certain plays, and/or not playing the player they are supposed to.
    you can also see how many of the INTs Palmer threw was because of his type of throwing.
    he has faith in his WR to be on the mark and many of these rookie WRs run a different pattern, making it look like Palmer was throwing it to god knows where.
    I am trying to go back and look at some of the Oline, and ZBS and Mcfaddens lack of yardage.
    which is another good thing, you can re-watch every game from week one to present
    just a suggestion before many of you point fingers as why do we have Allen as a HC, ect.. ect..

but many also have there mind set on hating so it will not matter much for them folk.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    Makes one wonder what the quality of players the coaching staff taught during mini camps, training camps, preseseason , mid season week day practice sessions etc....
    "Execution" comes from productive practice sesssions where inteligent, high quality football players learn their techniques so well they can perform them in their sleep. If execution is poor, that's on the coaching staff for not making good use of preseason and season long practice time.
    I tweaked your quote a bit so I could agree ;)
    Ted Nugent being interviewed by a British journalist.
    The journalist asked, "What do you think the last thought is in the head of a deer before you shoot it? Is it, `Are you my friend?` or is it `Are you the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "They aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, 'What am I going to eat next, who am I going to screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French in that way."

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    BTW
    I'm should of added that it's just not players
    Yes the coaches need to be able to get the guys to execute, but it's nor time to fire our coaches because these players are off by a inch or a foot. Or ten yrds.
    If a team had 20 time outs, then I'm sure that they would use them to tell a player to press cover, or change to rb... let the fs take the WR.
    To bad some of these players didn't get camp or preseason time since they are filling in from a 3rd 4th string role at this stage of the season.
    Chewy316 and ottomatic1 like this.
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    Makes one wonder what the coaching staff taught players during mini camps, training camps, preseseason , mid season week day practice sessions etc....
    "Execution" comes from productive practice sesssions where players learn their techniques so well they can perform them in their sleep. If execution is poor, that's on the coaching staff for not making good use of preseason and season long practice time.
    This in theory is true, provided the talent level around the league is equal. When the talent level is limited, it becomes much harder to execute, and the opposite occurs when you have great talent on the roster.
    Do it once, do it right. Or don't do it at all.
    Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

Follow me on Twitter: @HBNadolny

Chairman of the Board
    Exactly. WTF were they doing during camp/OTAs?
    Naphtali, ShadowRage41 and AL 9000 like this.

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi18 View Post

Jimi18 and Rainman56 like this.

jpumphrey is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Suggest a rational thought process?? How dare you!! Blasphemy
    Worrier likes this.

BigPrimo is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    Im sure Gio keeps penciling himself in as a starting safety.

If a players not executing then take him out and put someone else in. I'm sure there are 100 safeties that would beat down the Raiders door to play. If that player comes in and fails, was there really any risk?

Pretty simple to me...either you rebuild 100% or you try to win this half assin it this team is doing is BS.

If you want the system you want then so be it then get players who fit it stop running the same failures out there day after day. Start benching players if they arnt executing if you feel as a coach player x isnt getting it and you as the coaches are doing everything possible.
    AL 9000 likes this.

Hall of Famer

You can practice your ass off and watch 6 hours of film a day, but if you dont have the talent you wont see the results. We have STARTERS on our defense that would not even be in the league if they didnt play for us
    Chewy316 and Metallica0688 like this.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCityR8r View Post
    You can practice your ass off and watch 6 hours of film a day, but if you dont have the talent you wont see the results. We have STARTERS on our defense that would not even be in the league if they didnt play for us
    Then they shouldn't play for us either.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPrimo View Post
    Then they shouldn't play for us either.
    Lol who do you want to sign? We were 20+ million over the cap, Thank uncle AL for that

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCityR8r View Post
    Lol who do you want to sign? We were 20+ million over the cap, Thank uncle AL for that
    Why not let a young kid play? Or promote a practice squad player? At least we would under stand why they are struggling and there wouldn't be so much heat on the coaches.

Over hauling the coaches and schemes tells me we were starting a new. Right? We are rebuilding or at least we should be. Reggie has to do it ground up right?

What purpose does it serve to keep trotting Gio out there? We know he can't play very well. Let's find out if someone else can't play very well.

Moore keeps dropping passes them get Streeter starting our more playing time, get Criner out there more, etc.
    RiedersRaiders likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPrimo View Post
    Why not let a young kid play? Or promote a practice squad player? At least we would under stand why they are struggling and there wouldn't be so much heat on the coaches.

Over hauling the coaches and schemes tools me we were starting a new. Right? We are rebuilding or at least we should be. Reggie has to do it ground up right?

What purpose does it serve to keep trotting Gio out there? We know he can't play very well. Let's find out if someone else can't pay very well.

Moore keeps dropping passes them get Streeter starting our more playing time, get Criner out there more, etc.

Bench guys so we can let the kids play and call up practice squad players? Do you want to lose by a 100?? The guys out there right now give us the best chance to win sorry to say. Thats a refelection of how much little talent is on the roster..

At the end of the year Allen and Mckenzie will pick the players from this years team that they think can fit and we will go from there. I bet half of the roster will look different next year and about 75% different in year 2

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information