Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: For those who blaming it all on the coaches

blah_blah is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    hard to blame our defensive struggles on Tarver..
    first year implementing a system..
    basically all of our CBs got hurt.. had to move Huff to CB... leaving Giordano back there.. (great heart but just don't have the skills)
    Defensive tackles been hurt/getting old/playing sloppy
    McClain plays when he feels like it (still think Wheeler should be the main the middle)
    and our ends hasn't produced consistent pass rush...

Not saying its not Tarver's fault.. but I don't think all the blame falls on him.. I think he should be given a chance to build "his" defense..
    as much as I like Seymour, his best days are WAY over and Kelly.. well I think we should just part ways with the lad..
    I used to be such a McClain apologist but I have had it.. put Wheeler in the middle.. smarter, plays with more of a mean streak and a better tackler..
    I would LOVE to get Cliff Avril from the Lions if their contract situation don't work out but i think he might want more money than we can afford..
    Definitely need a stud in the DT position to clog up them holes.

BigPrimo is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    exactly. We lose because the D can't stop anyone at any time and we find ourselves down before the O can get any rhythm at all. Then the score dictates the playcalling. Can't establish the run when you are down by 2 or more TDs in the 2nd qtr. Slowing down the game only works if the D gets stops once in a while. So we are forced to throw the ball around all day and we just don't have the horses to be successful with that all the time.

People can complain about Knapp all they want but based on productivity he is the coordinator with the best chance of being here long term by far. Tarver is the one who people should be complaining about. Our D has taken a nose dice the last 3 weeks after starting to look somewhat serviceable. The offense hasn't been terrible. It's almost exactly what we saw last year. Struggle to score in the redzone, can't move the ball for long stretches of games, and couldn't keep up with other teams when the D was giving up big points. The last two years we needed everything to go right for us to win. Schaub throwing the pick in the endzone when we had 10 guys on the field, Orton fumbling the ball without being touched when Den was in position to possibly win the game at the end of game one, the chiefs missing two FGs ( or getting them blocked) in a 3 pt OT game, Ford returning a KO for a TD in the Cle game for our only second half points in a one score win, V-Kackson dropping a wide open TD pass in SD that we won by one score.

We aren't getting these lucky breaks this year. Otherwise this is the same team we saw last year for the most part.
    Offense is out of whack until final minutes of half. Run game was killed weeks ago and it will never get establish till Knapps gone or we face more bottom dwelling Ds. 3 and outs, turn overs, and bad STs leave this already bad D in even more vulnerable positions.

How about some extended drives? Keeping the D fresh and for F sakes score in the redzone. We stay one demisional with conservative, predictable play calling whike other teams can take their time and use a full playbook.

Sorry this is not all on the Defense and this is not the same offense. Plesse stop with that lame shyt.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPrimo View Post
    Offense is out of whack until final minutes of half. Run game was killed weeks ago and it will never get establish till Knapps gone or we face more bottom dwelling Ds. 3 and outs, turn overs, and bad STs leave this already bad D in even more vulnerable positions.

How about some extended drives? Keeping the D fresh and for F sakes score in the redzone. We stay one demisional with conservative, predictable play calling whike other teams can take their time and use a full playbook.

Sorry this is not all on the Defense and this is not the same offense. Plesse stop with that lame shyt.
    the offense is continuing its tendencies from last year. And you want extended drives? We are winning the time of possession battle the last few games. Don't act like our D is on the field all day. They give up TDs to fast to get tired. The stats show your impressions are dead wrong as far as our offensive production.
    JUSTWINBABY9111 likes this.

All-Pro
    the offense is continuing its tendencies from last year. And you want extended drives? We are winning the time of possession battle the last few games. Don't act like our D is on the field all day. They give up TDs to fast to get tired. The stats show your impressions are dead wrong as far as our offensive production.
    Yes the offense is getting the ball a lot but the t.o.p is a collective it doesnt come from putting drives together. This O is as bad as this D. Watch the games instead of looking at stats, that's like not watching a fight and trying to decide who the winner is based on punch totals..

Chairman of the Board
    Yes the offense is getting the ball a lot but the t.o.p is a collective it doesnt come from putting drives together. This O is as bad as this D. Watch the games instead of looking at stats, that's like not watching a fight and trying to decide who the winner is based on punch totals..
    I watch every second of every game. Learn the game of football before you call out people for giving their opinion AND backing it up with facts. You throw out your opinion (which is fine, you have every right to think what you do) without anything to back it up other than your perception of what you see during games. I watch the same games you are and I see the same issues this year that we had last year. And the stats back up my opinion. There is nothing to back up what you say other than your thought that anyone who watches the games MUST be seeing the same thing as you. Well I don't ! I see an offense that is status quo for the most part and its being hindered by a defense that is progressively getting worse as the season goes on.
    JUSTWINBABY9111 likes this.

All-Pro
    I watch every second of every game. Learn the game of football before you call out people for giving their opinion AND backing it up with facts. You throw out your opinion (which is fine, you have every right to think what you do) without anything to back it up other than your perception of what you see during games. I watch the same games you are and I see the same issues this year that we had last year. And the stats back up my opinion. There is nothing to back up what you say other than your thought that anyone who watches the games MUST be seeing the same thing as you. Well I don't ! I see an offense that is status quo for the most part and its being hindered by a defense that is progressively getting worse as the season goes on.
    Ok.

I see a bunch of empty stats and no points to show for it.

You can take the stats as gospil if you choose but they don not tell whats going down on the field.

Last year a 25th-23rd rank D would get us in the playoffs. This year we would need 15-10.

Im not saying this D isnt trash but its not just the defense like you and others are trying to make it.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi18 View Post
    May be a good time to get NFL replay.
    only $49.99 (down $20 from week 1)
    watch the coaches cam, and you can see how many Defense players are not lines up right, bite on certain plays, and/or not playing the player they are supposed to.
    you can also see how many of the INTs Palmer threw was because of his type of throwing.
    he has faith in his WR to be on the mark and many of these rookie WRs run a different pattern, making it look like Palmer was throwing it to god knows where.
    I am trying to go back and look at some of the Oline, and ZBS and Mcfaddens lack of yardage.
    which is another good thing, you can re-watch every game from week one to present
    just a suggestion before many of you point fingers as why do we have Allen as a HC, ect.. ect..
    i am not sticking up for knapp or any coach.
    but when you see the lack of execution, then you may feel different?

but many also have there mind set on hating so it will not matter much for them folk.
    Link to sign up: https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/sec...page.GR.GP_Nav
    arent all these issues supposed to be remedied by good coaching?

why is coaching only limited to decision making during a game and not the glaring lack of preparation the players show on the field every sunday?

and BTW, i have this package

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post

why is coaching only limited to decision making during a game and not the glaring lack of preparation the players show on the field every sunday?

People dont wanna see that coaching is still our problem. As bad as our players are our coaching is just as bad.

Chairman of the Board
    Ok.

I see a bunch of empty stats and no points to show for it.

You can take the stats as gospil if you choose but they don not tell whats going down on the field.

Last year a 25th-23rd rank D would get us in the playoffs. This year we would need 15-10.

Im not saying this D isnt trash but its not just the defense like you and others are trying to make it.
    I saw the same empty stats last year. We moved the ball well last year just like this year but we couldn't score in the redzone and we were terrible in the 2nd half no matter who we had at QB or RB. The only difference really is how you feel about who is running the O. If Hue was the HC still and the O was doing the same you would be complaining about the players then too. This years offense has the same overall tendencies as last years team and that includes injuries.

I'm not saying our offense is good, it's not. Im saying it isn't a lot worse than last years offense (healthy or not). Last years offense was VERY similar to this years offense. I started having issues with our O last year and am seeing the exact same thing this year with a worse D and much worse special teams. So I refuse to blame the coaches when we are having many of the same issues we had under the last coach. It's time for the players to get better or get replaced. Lets see what the coaches can do with players they pick.

Hall of Famer
    cornerbacks playing the wrong technique = bad coaching

FS playing wrong half of the field = bad coaching

wrong checks being made against certain formations = bad coaching

bad route running = bad coaching

bad throws = bad coaching

bad blocking = bad coaching

some of you have the wrong attitude, some of you have defended ZBS and then vanished when they decided to install some PBS, after some of you said it would never happen

i think some of you just need to stop talking

when we finish the season with double digit losses, I dont want to see anymore of that crap

team is crap, coaching staff is crap

I know it, big primo knows it, marc davis knows it

hell, even deep down greg knapp might even knows it

why is everybody wrong except you?
    Naphtali likes this.

Chairman of the Board

how do coaches remedie this if the players are not capable ?

I've been in coaching for 11 years. Now I have never coached in the NFL level but I have listened to several top college and NFL coaches at clinics and have had the opportunity to sit down and shoot the breeze one on one with a couple as well. One thing I KNOW to be true is that you can coach a player how to do something all you want, but it's up to the player to learn and apply it. No way do our coaches teach players to miss tackles, to cover the wrong guy, to jump a short route on 3rd and long when you are the deep defender etc.

if you have never coached I say give it a try. Coaching is much tougher than playing. As a player when practice was over I was done. As a coach you are never done. You are constantly watching and rewatching film, analyzing players, game plans, opponents etc. And that's just in HS. I can't even imagine the hours these guys put in. The absolute hardest thing to do is fix issues that players have always had. And teaching a guy who doesn't have natural football instincts a new concept can take months even with bright hard working players.

An example is Bill Belicheck. He has been a defensive guy his whole career. He is touted by most (if not all) NFL people as a defensive genious and I would bet he will be a first ballot HOFer but his defense in NE has been pretty bad the last few years. And I would argue they have more talent on D than we do and have for some time. Does this mean that Belicheck is a bad coach?

Hall of Famer
    I saw the same empty stats last year.
    No you didn't.
    We moved the ball well last year just like this
    No we didn't.

we couldn't score in the redzone
    Wrong.
    2010 - ranked 18th
    2011 - ranked 16th
    2012 - ranked 29th

and we were terrible in the 2nd half no matter who we had at QB or RB
    but more times than not, went into the half with a lead.

. The only difference really is how you feel about who is running the O. If Hue was the HC still and the O was doing the same you would be complaining about the players then too. This years offense has the same overall tendencies as last years team and that includes injuries.
    No it isn't

I'm not saying our offense is good, it's not.
    but last year's was and the year before that.

Im saying it isn't a lot worse than last years offense (healthy or not).
    actually, its much worse. Not even debatable.

Last years offense was VERY similar to this years offense.
    No it isn't.

I started having issues with our O last year
    I'm confident it was around the time Mr. Davis died and we lost our QB and running back. But despite that, we still managed to score points on a weekly basis with aggressive play calls and players being put in positions to succeed. what we lacked was speed at the perimeter out of the backfield, defenses saw that and pinned their ears back since there was no way to make them pay

and am seeing the exact same thing this year with a worse D and much worse special teams.
    No, you're seeing a much worse defense because its trading field with a worse offense.

So I refuse
    ...to open your eyes

we are having many of the same issues we had under the last coach.
    I rather have the "issues" we had under hue jackson than we have with dennis allen

evidently, winning and scoring points is an issue with you.

It's time for the players to get better or get replaced. Lets see what the coaches can do with players they pick.
    its times for our coaches to start coaching, because the product on the field is due to poor coaching
    Naphtali likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    lmao, a whole bunch of "no we didn't " is all you can counter with. Wonderful rebuttal. Way to prove me wrong

No you didn't.

No we didn't.

Wrong.
    2010 - ranked 18th
    2011 - ranked 16th
    2012 - ranked 29th

but more times than not, went into the half with a lead.

No it isn't

but last year's was and the year before that.

actually, its much worse. Not even debatable.

No it isn't.

I'm confident it was around the time Mr. Davis died and we lost our QB and running back. But despite that, we still managed to score points on a weekly basis with aggressive play calls and players being put in positions to succeed. what we lacked was speed at the perimeter out of the backfield, defenses saw that and pinned their ears back since there was no way to make them pay

No, you're seeing a much worse defense because its trading field with a worse offense.

...to open your eyes

I rather have the "issues" we had under hue jackson than we have with dennis allen

evidently, winning and scoring points is an issue with you.

its times for our coaches to start coaching, because the product on the field is due to poor coaching

Hall of Famer
    I addressed everything you said

you are living in a fantasy world if you think this offense is having the same issues as last year

Chairman of the Board
    cornerbacks playing the wrong technique = bad coaching

FS playing wrong half of the field = bad coaching

wrong checks being made against certain formations = bad coaching

bad route running = bad coaching

bad throws = bad coaching

bad blocking = bad coaching

some of you have the wrong attitude, some of you have defended ZBS and then vanished when they decided to install some PBS, after some of you said it would never happen

i think some of you just need to stop talking

when we finish the season with double digit losses, I dont want to see anymore of that crap

team is crap, coaching staff is crap

I know it, big primo knows it, marc davis knows it

hell, even deep down greg knapp might even knows it

why is everybody wrong except you?

Ok so you think the coaches are teaching the players to do these things wrong? When a player runs the wrong route that's coaching ? wow man you have no clue!

What exactly are the players responsible for?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information