Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Interesting Fact..

  1. #16
    RighteousRayda's Avatar
    RighteousRayda is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Palm Coast, FL
    Posts
    4,071
    Mark owner, Cable HC, Hue OC, Marshall DC - I think this could have worked pretty well.

  2. #17
    heavyD's Avatar
    heavyD is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    4,084
    It was great having a non-losing season but most outside of the Raiders community consider that a bad team that rolled its division. The Raiders had the NFC West on schedule that year which was won by a 7 win team and the Raiders still managed to go 2-8 outside their division. This is the reason fans shouldn't get too caught up with 8-8 being an indicator of a team ready to break out. 2010 Raiders were a bad team that had a great year against divisional opponents.

  3. #18
    coleer is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    38
    Cable as HC, 8-8, 6-0 in the division. Hue as HC, the Raiders lost 4 of the last 5. I think Cable could motivate the team well and Hue was a good OC. Together they were a good fit, but individually they were not so good.

  4. #19
    Sea Of Hands's Avatar
    Sea Of Hands is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yosemite
    Posts
    4,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman56 View Post
    Personally I think Al was afraid he,d lose Hue if he didn,t promote him...I agree Hue wanted the HC gig and Cables days were numbered once Hues offense showed some promise.
    When Al hired Hue he said "he knows how to get the ball in the end zone". Gotta go back to the 2002 Raiders to find a team who could get the ball in the end zone. Hue's gone and the offense is anemic again even though they retained the players that he utilized. Maybe it's the scheme, I don't know.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

  5. #20
    Mr Cosio's Avatar
    Mr Cosio is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,331

    here's a more interesting fact

    Courtesy of Vic Tarfur

    @VicTafur: Of the 27 players gone from #Raiders roster last year, 13 are no longer in the NFL (12 are elsewhere, Ford on IR, Boss on Chiefs IR)
    "The massive Raider Nation is beyond doubt the sleaziest and rudest and most sinister mob of thugs and wackos ever assembled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson



    Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Mckenzie
    The Raiders organization, with respect and deference to all its tradition and history, is about to embark on a new era...As we embark on this new era of change, one thing will remain constant and that is our Commitment to Excellence
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us special thanks to Ayso

  6. #21
    Jimi18's Avatar
    Jimi18 is offline

    MODERATOR
    2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    39,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    I think that the 2010 Raiders were probably the best team we have had since the year we made the Superbowl. That team played hard, bought into the philosophy we had on both sides of the ball and didn't quit on anyone. I felt that even though Cable wasn't a good X's and O's guy, he was very good at managing the overall team, and getting people to buy in to what he was selling.

    Note that 2010 was Cable's 2nd full year in charge. He had been in charge for 12 games in 08, and the entire 09 season. We looked pretty bad, if not atrocious during some of those games, yet he was kept around and we added a few pieces coaching wise (like Hue Jackson as OC and Mike Wauffle as D-Line coach). We then saw a nice jump in the W column in 2010.

    The point I'm trying to make it we should give the current coaching staff time to get things together, because even Tom Cable looked like a buffoon in both 08 and 09, but still managed to begin turning things around when he had time.
    I think that was Al's last big mistake..
    8-8 just wasn't good enough for him for some reason
    which leads one to believe that we were 7-8, he already knew tom would be gone
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

  7. #22
    Chewy316's Avatar
    Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    4,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimi18 View Post
    I think that was Al's last big mistake..
    8-8 just wasn't good enough for him for some reason
    which leads one to believe that we were 7-8, he already knew tom would be gone
    Well if Mr. Davis' words are anything to go by, I don't think he was happy with Cable's promiscuity. Further reasoning behind the scenes (from what I understand) was that Mr. Davis credited Hue with turning around the fortunes of the team as opposed to Cable, and thus felt he should be the head coach.
    Jimi18 likes this.
    Do it once, do it right. Or don't do it at all.
    Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

    Follow me on Twitter: @HBNadolny

  8. #23
    Jimi18's Avatar
    Jimi18 is offline

    MODERATOR
    2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    39,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy316 View Post
    Well if Mr. Davis' words are anything to go by, I don't think he was happy with Cable's promiscuity. Further reasoning behind the scenes (from what I understand) was that Mr. Davis credited Hue with turning around the fortunes of the team as opposed to Cable, and thus felt he should be the head coach.
    true.. not dissing Al either BTW, but wonder what one more year could had brought?
    I also think that he didn't want to lose Hue, and feared that if he never hired him as HC
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

  9. #24
    JoeKiev's Avatar
    JoeKiev is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPrimo View Post
    I have to eat crow cuase I was fooled by Hue. Hue is a poor mans Norve Turner. Crap HC but good OC. Cable should still be coach. I think Al got muscled by Hue. I sure did.
    It all came down to Cable's decision to bench Campbell. Al couldn't bare the thought of having a QB who couldn't throw the deep ball. It's the same ole thing we experienced with Al, once we get good, he had to try and take the limelight. But yes, Cable was a good working man's coach and the players believed in him. He was a team guy who the players enjoyed playing for. Hue was a good OC, but also a "me, me" guy. That is the difference between the two. I recall the clowns who ripped Cable from head to toe because of the Gradz over Cambpell thing. They were wrong. I'd take Cable back in a heartbeat.
    ShadowRage41 likes this.

  10. #25
    Sea Of Hands's Avatar
    Sea Of Hands is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yosemite
    Posts
    4,417
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeKiev View Post
    It all came down to Cable's decision to bench Campbell. Al couldn't bare the thought of having a QB who couldn't throw the deep ball. It's the same ole thing we experienced with Al, once we get good, he had to try and take the limelight. But yes, Cable was a good working man's coach and the players believed in him. He was a team guy who the players enjoyed playing for. Hue was a good OC, but also a "me, me" guy. That is the difference between the two. I recall the clowns who ripped Cable from head to toe because of the Gradz over Cambpell thing. They were wrong. I'd take Cable back in a heartbeat.
    Gannon couldn't get the ball downfield and he was in Al's plans even after Gruden left. What are you fvcking talking about??? Al liked QB's that could make the deep throw. Pretty important in today's game. Name a marquee QB that doesn't have a rifle for an arm?? You're just full of sh!t, huh??
    JoeKiev likes this.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

  11. #26
    JoeKiev's Avatar
    JoeKiev is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Of Hands View Post
    Gannon couldn't get the ball downfield and he was in Al's plans even after Gruden left. What are you fvcking talking about??? Al liked QB's that could make the deep throw. Pretty important in today's game. Name a marquee QB that doesn't have a rifle for an arm?? You're just full of sh!t, huh??
    You seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth. "Al liked Qb's that could make the deep throw", but "Gannon couldn't get the ball downfield and he was in Al's plans". Wha?

  12. #27
    Sea Of Hands's Avatar
    Sea Of Hands is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yosemite
    Posts
    4,417
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeKiev View Post
    You seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth. "Al liked Qb's that could make the deep throw", but "Gannon couldn't get the ball downfield and he was in Al's plans". Wha?
    No I'm not, Fool. Al knew that it is very impoortant to be able to stretch the field, but if he had a QB that could manage without that skill he was willing to go with him ala Gannon. You're saying he couldn't bare to have a guy that couldn't and you're wrong. Another example is Hostetler. As for the modern game, if you can't make the defense respect you're ability to make the deep throw you will be hard pressed to become a great QB. But you don't understand any of what I am saying because of your obvious lack reasoning and simplistic thought process.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

  13. #28
    Sea Of Hands's Avatar
    Sea Of Hands is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Yosemite
    Posts
    4,417
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeKiev View Post
    You seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth. "Al liked Qb's that could make the deep throw", but "Gannon couldn't get the ball downfield and he was in Al's plans". Wha?
    Where did you go, Joe?? Got nothing more to say??? That's what I thought, Dumbass.
    JoeKiev likes this.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

  14. #29
    JoeKiev's Avatar
    JoeKiev is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Of Hands View Post
    No I'm not, Fool. Al knew that it is very impoortant to be able to stretch the field, but if he had a QB that could manage without that skill he was willing to go with him ala Gannon. You're saying he couldn't bare to have a guy that couldn't and you're wrong. Another example is Hostetler. As for the modern game, if you can't make the defense respect you're ability to make the deep throw you will be hard pressed to become a great QB. But you don't understand any of what I am saying because of your obvious lack reasoning and simplistic thought process.
    Well, from your previous post, you seemed to have two conclusions in your head. Thanks for clearing it up.

    I don't know, I always though that Gannon's deep ball was underrated. Just because we basically ran a West Coast and he didn't go deep too often, didn't mean he didn't have the ability.

    Anyway, it is pretty much common knowledge that Al like Camp over Gradkowski and the main reason was the belief that Camp could throw deep ball better than Gradz, which turned out to be a false notion. You would have to have the "I love Al" goggles on not to understand this fact. But, if there was anyone who had Al goggles on, it would be you. For sure.

    Finally, you don't have to get all worked up. Funny, you don't seem to "get under my skin" one bit. I actually find your posts entertaining. But man, you sure don't like what I have to say. Why? You have your opinions and I have mine. I used to think Al was great, but the continual decline of the franchise changed my mind and his decisions were counterproductive, especially in the past 10 years. Just accept it bro, we all have different opinions that we come here to share. No need to name call, etc.

    Have a happy Thanksgiving and for goodness sake get some ant-acids!

  15. #30
    JoeKiev's Avatar
    JoeKiev is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Of Hands View Post
    Where did you go, Joe?? Got nothing more to say??? That's what I thought, Dumbass.
    Yikes!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •