Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Salary Cap...

Hall of Famer

Salary Cap...

With the moves it seems Reggie will make to free up cap space, which free agents would you like to see brought in and reasons why. Realistic pickups would also help alleviate the drama between members. There are some guys outhere that can help us immediately and long term.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho5150 View Post
    With the moves it seems Reggie will make to free up cap space, which free agents would you like to see brought in and reasons why. Realistic pickups would also help alleviate the drama between members. There are some guys outhere that can help us immediately and long term.
    Bargains. I don't want to borrow money from the future to try to get to .500 next year. Lets pick up a couple cheap CBs, a couple fat azz DTs, a couple cheap RBs, and call it a day.
    Rainman56 and FilthyFew like this.

Hall of Famer

Salary Cap...

I might be in the minority but I'd say splurge on some Oline and address the rest through the draft! Sam Baker, Jake Long, Andre Smith, Andy Levitre, Ryan Clady if we can land 2 off of this list that fit our scheme I'd be ecstatic!
    Play Hard likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Would be nice to steal Dominique Rogers-Cromartie from the Eagles, and draft a solid corner in the draft like Micha Hyde, with Huff and Bartell suddenly we've got a solid CB core
    "The massive Raider Nation is beyond doubt the sleaziest and rudest and most sinister mob of thugs and wackos ever assembled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Mckenzie
    The Raiders organization, with respect and deference to all its tradition and history, is about to embark on a new era...As we embark on this new era of change, one thing will remain constant and that is our Commitment to Excellence
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us special thanks to Ayso

Hall of Famer
    Jarius Byrd (Buffalo) WS 5'11 200 Lbs. only 26 yrs. old Free Agent after season .

Secondary is a mess , maybe he could help !

D-Tre is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Terrell Thomas on the Giants used to be pretty good. Has been hurt for 2 seasons. Wouldn't mind giving him a shot to stay healthy for minimum contract.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cosio View Post
    Would be nice to steal Dominique Rogers-Cromartie from the Eagles, and draft a solid corner in the draft like Micha Hyde, with Huff and Bartell suddenly we've got a solid CB core
    I really haven't seen any Iowa games this season... Is Micah Hyde any good? He seems to have the size and speed according to some of the sites I looked up.

Huff should be moved back to FS. He is not a very good CB, just ask Joe Flacco.

Bartell has lost a good amount of speed since coming into the league. We tried him on to see how he fits, now it's time to put him back on the hanger and hang him back up in the Free Agency closet.

agular9 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I dont think the cap will be much better next year, better yes, but not where we want it to be with the next round of dead money. Will be fun to see what RM does though because we all know there is plenty of work needed to be done.

PowerSteele is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    TBH I don't want any big FA signings. Draft good players, cut the big paychecks and evaluate the talent we will have and maybe 2014 we will have a good team. Rather be 2-12 in 2013 and 10-6 in 2013 than 5-11 in 2012 and 7-9 in 2013.

Hall of Famer

Salary Cap...

I love how this thread is moving with no insults. Lets agree to disagree is awesome. I'm saying if we can land Oline through FA gives us a shot to address the D in the draft.

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Don't be counting on Reggie signing free agents of any Big names this year .

1.)Don't have the money
    2.)Not the Packers way

They tend to make small free agent signings hell the last two Big free agents signings by them was Reggie White by GM Ron Wolf and Charles Woodson by GM Ted Thompson .

Mainly it is re-signing their own free agents and building through the draft and UDFA area .

I don't see Reggie doing it any differently here then what was done there and that is what he knows .

Much like we saw this year small no name veterans brought in on one year deals Bartel , Spencer, Wheeler , and the lone exception is Brisiel .
    That we have now 18 pending free agents of our own that most likely seeing these guys being re-signed to another one year deal and maybe two at 3-4 year deal from here .
    So as you see likely these 9 players return to us in Bold .

I could see him look at a few of these players that are Free agents in the NFL and should be fairly cheap and some that he knows from being in the division with them and some that are backups/fringe starters might get them entice to come here ?

Israel Idonije-DL-Bears $2,500,000
    Took a reduced role to stay in Chicago even though he could of got more money and playing time else where .
    TKL SOLO SACK
    28 16 4.5

Nick Roach-LB-Bears $2,815,000
    Solid backup and ST player
    TKL SOLO SACK
    23 15 1.5

Gosder Cherilus-RT-Lions- $4,620,000 Might be about his biggest priced free agent signing sorta like Brisiel .
    But since we need a RT can you blame him

Kevin Smith-RB-Lions $605,000
    Cheap back and with Darren's injury past and Taiwan is fumbling might be the new 3rd running back for us .
    ATT YDS AVG LONG TD
    34 128 3.8 19 1

Phillip Loadholt-RT-Minn $918,750

Jasper Brinkley-LB-Minn $611,500
    TACK SOLO FF
    62 34 1

Jamarca Sanford-S-Minn $ 627,318
    TACK SOLO FF
    50 39 4

Paul Kruger-LB-Bal-$865,000
    TACK SOLO FF INT SACK
    27 21 1 1 4.5

Phillip Adams CB UFA

Khalif Barnes T UFA

Ron Bartell CB UFA

Cooper Carlisle G UFA

Matt Giordano S RFA

Mike Goodson RB UFA

Derek Hagan WR UFA

Joselio Hanson CB UFA

Shane Lechler P UFA

Andre Carter DE UFA

Matt Leinart QB UFA

Mike Mitchell S UFA

Brandon Myers TE UFA

Owen Schmitt FB UFA

Matt Shaughnessy DE UFA

Shawntae Spencer CB UFA

Philip Wheeler LB UFA

Desmond Bryant DT UFA

FLORIDARAYDAH is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    With the salaries we have escalating next season we will be in worse cap shape than this season.I dont see us making any big moves.If we did have $$ I would go for a solid younger O lineman or S help

J Raid is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Have to find a way to sign a CB and a RT.

Sebastian Vollmer and Derek Cox would be great...they won't come cheap but we need better players and some times you have to pony up.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by FLORIDARAYDAH View Post
    With the salaries we have escalating next season we will be in worse cap shape than this season.I dont see us making any big moves.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    This is why I have Knapps back

Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by FLORIDARAYDAH View Post
    With the salaries we have escalating next season we will be in worse cap shape than this season.I dont see us making any big moves.If we did have $$ I would go for a solid younger O lineman or S help
    Weeding out all of the bad contracts was going to be a 2 year cycle. We did a great job last year managing to get under it whilst getting rid of a few guys who weren't playing to their value, ie Routt, Wimbley and Boss. This upcoming off-season will be a big purge of players leaving. Most likely Seymour and Kelly, possibly Branch given his cap number goes to almost 10 million next year (pretty sure he has a lot cap hit if we release him), Lechler won't be here either, McClain a likely candidate for a release as well.

However, the cap won't be the reason why we won't make any big name signings. Look at the Packers roster. That team is 80-90% built through the draft. They draft extremely well. With the rookie salary caps that are now invoke, building through the draft is more important than ever.
    Metallica0688 likes this.
    "If you want something, go get it. Don't let anyone convince you that it's impossible. Make the impossible possible. Do whatever's needed to make it happen. Go at it with both hands, take it in stride, and hit paydirt....."
    ME 11-19-2009

Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information