Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Colin Kaepernick may have won the starting job after one start.

  1. #1
    Silver Sabbath is offline Banned
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    195

    Colin Kaepernick may have won the starting job after one start.

    When asked about the QB situation, Harbaugh said he tends to go with the hot hand.

    I am a HUGE fan of Kaepernick both as a player and person. I find it incredible that this mixed race cat who was adopted is so grounded, focused and mature. I don't know if you all know any of his history as a player, but his debut win against Boise State is one of the most incredible individual performances of the last 10 years. They have the highlights of the game on Youtube.com if anyone is interested.

    Now, the Raiders. I realize there are a lot of die hard Palmer defenders on this board, but this is not one of those threads where you need to attack the OP. I believe that Palmer is a very good QB who has performed to expectations this year, which I was unsure of after last year. Having said that, given our regression, Palmer really cannot be considered part of the future. Add in his stoic nature to go along with Allen and McKenzie's and I don't like the mix going forward. Now, I am in no way advocating that he be bench based on performance, but you have to question what is going through the brass's minds at this time. It's time to question things. What is the upside of Leinart being the 2nd string at this point? We know everything there is to know about this clown. He is not very talented, he does not evoke confidence in the players and his history in the NFL thus far has been disappointment on top of disappointment. Does it make any sense that Terrell Pryor has not suited up for a game? Not even suited up???

    Back to Kaepernick, I have no doubt that the coaching he has been receiving to this point is superior to what we have given Pryor. I also know that Kaeperick is mature, highly intelligent and grounded which is what you want in the QB position. But I also know that Pryor is both a good person and a fierce competitor. Right now, he isn't competing, he is wearing street clothes on a 3 win team. For those that point out that Palmer is the only reason we have three wins, I would join with you. But I also realize that 3 wins just like 0 wins don't get you to the playoffs. Part of the reason Kaepernick was ready last night is because he PLAYED in spots this season. He actually took the field and scored some TDs as a situational player. Now, low and behold, he may have locked up the starting job after one start. I don't know how you all feel, but this is beyond frustrating to me. Hell, look how long it took for the staff to insert Criner into the offense. Outside of the vet Hagan, he is probably THE most polished WR on the roster rookie or not. Bergstrom is just starting to get spot duty PT even though he was our top draft choice this year and was drafted in part because his learning curve would be shorter than average. You have to wonder what is going on. I seems that brass is already in denial. Thoughts?
    paul0660, UptownXguy3 and AF1PIMPN like this.

  2. #2
    ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    delitax likes this.

  3. #3
    Silverblood's Avatar
    Silverblood is offline
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bay Area, CA.
    Posts
    955
    This is regarding a San Francisco 49er, not an Oakland Raider. Not sure why you posted information about a 49er on a Raider forum. Moving on....
    RaiderAg likes this.
    I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine
    If you're into evil, you're a friend of mine
    See the white light flashing as I split the night
    Cos if good's on the left then I'm sticking to the right

    Hells Bells - ACDC

  4. #4
    Silver Sabbath is offline Banned
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    195
    Oh boy to the idea we haven't done the best job at bringing Pryor along thus far?

  5. #5
    Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,129
    Quote Originally Posted by silverblood View Post
    this is regarding a san francisco 49er, not an oakland raider. Not sure why you posted information about a 49er on a raider forum. Moving on....
    yes!
    UptownXguy3 likes this.

  6. #6
    Silver Sabbath is offline Banned
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverblood View Post
    This is regarding a San Francisco 49er, not an Oakland Raider. Not sure why you posted information about a 49er on a Raider forum. Moving on....
    You obviously did not read the thread. If you are interested, it contains a ton of Raider releated information.

  7. #7
    paul0660's Avatar
    paul0660 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,412
    No idea why this thread is here, but sophisticated NFL defenses saw, last night, ways to squeeze on dear Colin in ways he can't imagine. The NFL is about a)talent b)coaching c)execution d)adjustment e)execution.

  8. #8
    ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Sabbath View Post
    Oh boy to the idea we haven't done the best job at bringing Pryor along thus far?
    Being honest. When I saw the thread title, I skimmed through and saw Pryor. And immediately thought this was another bizarre thread.

    But after reading it. You do make good points about using him in spots. However, Pryor still has no one to blame but himself for being 3rd on the depth chart.

    The 49ers actually brought in someone like the Raiders did who was familiar with the system. 49ers got Josh Johnson. Raiders got Leinart.

    Kaepernick EARNED the backup spot. Pryor didnt. Maybe he's getting better coaching, idk. But Colin has earned everything he's got. Pryor obviously isnt doing that so thats on him.
    raiderArt and rhumbob like this.

  9. #9
    Silver Sabbath is offline Banned
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
    No idea why this thread is here, but sophisticated NFL defenses saw, last night, ways to squeeze on dear Colin in ways he can't imagine. The NFL is about a)talent b)coaching c)execution d)adjustment e)execution.
    Read the thread and find out. It's about OUR QB situation and makes a comparision between our developmental track for Pryor and their's of Kaepernick.

  10. #10
    oakpyrate81's Avatar
    oakpyrate81 is offline
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    1,711
    Ah , I suggested long ago , what the hell is the difference of possibly winning 5,6 games anyway with Carson (The Mad Bomber) ??? yes , of course he is better than both Leinart and Terrele(Gimme A Chance) Pryor Put together!! But first off Carson (The Mad Bomber) makes way way way way too much damn money !!!! 17 million next season and 19 following season !! ridiculous for any 1 player !!!

    The team wasted a 3rd RD pick on Mr. Pryor !! This team is Unpeakably horrible !! My Main man Carson will not be here down the road !! Why not give Pryor a chance to as i've said million times to see if he shows any signs of potential or Lack of for being the QB here in the near future !! If he doesn't work out after given a respectable chance -- then that's fine !!!

    I'll be happy to kick his ass to the curb quickly and move on in another direction at QB !! Just like with our good friend JR , he failed and kicked his ass to the curb but he was given a chance BUT lacked the desire and motivation !!!! this fanchise has plenty of time on it's little hands to give some young uproven players a shot !!! They are Horrible and an embarresment !! so whats the Diff ? give Pryor a shot !!
    AF1PIMPN likes this.

  11. #11
    SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,088
    Alex Smith stinks and has for about 8 years now. Last season he looked better because Harbaugh made sure the OL gave him time and Smith threw mostly short passes. It's no surprise Kapernick moved the 49ers offense well, he is a mobile QB.

  12. #12
    Silver Sabbath is offline Banned
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    Being honest. When I saw the thread title, I skimmed through and saw Pryor. And immediately thought this was another bizarre thread.

    But after reading it. You do make good points about using him in spots. However, Pryor still has no one to blame but himself for being 3rd on the depth chart.

    The 49ers actually brought in someone like the Raiders did who was familiar with the system. 49ers got Josh Johnson. Raiders got Leinart.

    Kaepernick EARNED the backup spot. Pryor didnt. Maybe he's getting better coaching, idk. But Colin has earned everything he's got. Pryor obviously isnt doing that so thats on him.
    I am not sure if that is the case or not. How do we know how Kaepernick started out? Secondly, you do realize that Kaepernick had TWO training camps to Pryor's 1, right? Now, it is entirely possible that Kaeperick was simply way ahead of Pryor to begin with; however, I don't draw the hard conclusion that Pryor's position on the depth chart is entirely his doing. He was not getting second team reps in the off season and the rest of the roster was more in transition than was the 49ers.

    But having said ALL of that, wouldn't it still be prudent to have him on the active roster for situational play? The fact of the matter is, we struggle to score TDs in the redzone.
    UptownXguy3 and AF1PIMPN like this.

  13. #13
    Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,129
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    Alex Smith stinks and has for about 8 years now. Last season he looked better because Harbaugh made sure the OL gave him time and Smith threw mostly short passes. It's no surprise Kapernick moved the 49ers offense well, he is a mobile QB.
    I don't know Claps. He was pretty clutch last season in the playoffs.

  14. #14
    raiderArt's Avatar
    raiderArt is online now
    Chairman of the Board
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    East Oakland
    Posts
    14,151
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    Being honest. When I saw the thread title, I skimmed through and saw Pryor. And immediately thought this was another bizarre thread.

    But after reading it. You do make good points about using him in spots. However, Pryor still has no one to blame but himself for being 3rd on the depth chart.

    The 49ers actually brought in someone like the Raiders did who was familiar with the system. 49ers got Josh Johnson. Raiders got Leinart.

    Kaepernick EARNED the backup spot. Pryor didnt. Maybe he's getting better coaching, idk. But Colin has earned everything he's got. Pryor obviously isnt doing that so thats on him.
    I dunno man, looking back on preseason I thought he did better than Leinart. We don't get to see practice of course and I'm sure Leinart came in with the advantage of apparently "knowing the system". That shouldn't be the case any longer though IMO. He should be the #2 at least or suit him up in place of one of the TEs we don't use cuz Knapp doesn't know wtf he's doing...

    Come on dude, deep down, deeeeeeeep down, you kinda like Pryor. Go ahead and admit it!!!
    AF1PIMPN likes this.
    We want to win. The Raider fans deserve it. The Raider players deserve it, even my organization deserves it. You have to win and you have to win with a vision for the Super Bowl. That's our passion here. - Al Davis

  15. #15
    Silver Sabbath is offline Banned
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by oakpyrate81 View Post
    Ah , I suggested long ago , what the hell is the difference of possibly winning 5,6 games anyway with Carson (The Mad Bomber) ??? yes , of course he is better than both Leinart and Terrele(Gimme A Chance) Pryor Put together!! But first off Carson (The Mad Bomber) makes way way way way too much damn money !!!! 17 million next season and 19 following season !! ridiculous for any 1 player !!!

    The team wasted a 3rd RD pick on Mr. Pryor !! This team is Unpeakably horrible !! My Main man Carson will not be here down the road !! Why not give Pryor a chance to as i've said million times to see if he shows any signs of potential or Lack of for being the QB here in the near future !! If he doesn't work out after given a respectable chance -- then that's fine !!!

    I'll be happy to kick his ass to the curb quickly and move on in another direction at QB !! Just like with our good friend JM , he failed and kicked his ass to the curb but he was given a chance BUT lacked the desire and motivation !!!! this fanchise has plenty of time on it's little hands to give some young uproven players a shot !!! They are Horrible and an embarresment !! so whats the Diff ? give Pryor a shot !!
    Hey, you actually READ the OP!!! Thanks.

    Yeah, the situation is BAD. The money, the draft picks.....the really bad part is that not only did we spend all those picks on Palmer, like you said, we spent a 3rd rounder on Pryor who hasn't been ACTIVE this year! It's like throwing in yet another pick for Palmer!

    I disagree that would should simply throw Pryor out there, but there should be something for him to do on the field. Having him inactive at this point is pure stupidity.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •