Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Yikes!!! What did you guys expect?

osiris78 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

Yikes!!! What did you guys expect?

We have been sub-par since 2003 with Al making the same mistakes, time and time again. Poor drafts, bad free agent acquisitions (while giving up good draft picks), bad coaching choices.

What did you all realistically expect? Did you realistically expect us to be competitive and win the division?

Where is the reasonable outlook to how successful franchises run their teams? Rarely, do you see professional football teams turn it around in one year in normal circumstances - Reggie McKenzie took over in the WORST of situations.

And you expect us to win the division? Oh - you expect us to be competitive with Baltimore and New Orleans? No - I expect us to be competitive with KC and Jacksonville, like we were....nothing more.

These things take TIME. And until the emotional Raider fans match their expectations to Reality, they will never enjoy a damn thing. I cannot wait to re-visit this forum in 2014 when we go 10-6. The fans today that litter the board with negativity and talking crap, will be the same ones in 2014 kissing RM's ass.

raidernationbmw is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

osiris78 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Do you think the Patriots fans dictate who Robert Kraft hires, or Bill Belicheck drafts or gets via Free Agency?

Hell NO!

We FINALLY have a competant GM, finally. Our Fans can't give him 10 games before they call for EVERYONE's head? Wow. That sounds like year after year, the same bull**it logic that everyone wants. Does everyone really want to get rid of a proven GM 10 games into this season and start over again?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. I am happy with the direction this team is headed. The last thing I expected was them to make the playoffs and be competitive. In 2-3 years, things will be MUCH different.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris78 View Post
    Do you think the Patriots fans dictate who Robert Kraft hires, or Bill Belicheck drafts or gets via Free Agency?

Hell NO!

We FINALLY have a competant GM, finally. Our Fans can't give him 10 games before they call for EVERYONE's head? Wow. That sounds like year after year, the same bull**it logic that everyone wants. Does everyone really want to get rid of a proven GM 10 games into this season and start over again?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. I am happy with the direction this team is headed. The last thing I expected was them to make the playoffs and be competitive. In 2-3 years, things will be MUCH different.
    Just an observation...please show me where on Reggie M's resume it says General Manager? I can't find it anywhere.
    Idaho Raider likes this.

cat444 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

just agree

just agree it will take 3 or 4 years to fix this mess. RM had no draft pick and no money , he cannot make miracle. routt in round 2 was not a pick of RM, mike mitchell in round 2 was not a pick of RM, rolando mcclain in round 1 was not a pick of RM , darius h-bey in round 1 at 8 was not a pick of RM , to trade so many picks for palmer was not a decision of RM , to draft jamarcus russell was not a decision of RM, to give so much money to tommy kelly was not a decision of RM, to draft mike huff in round 1 was not a decision of Rm . al davis make mistake during 10 years , awful draft, big money for ordinary player, no vision for the futur etc.

i give 3 years to RM and allen to prove they can fix this situation , after we will see.
    speedkills and milo_s_thomas like this.

All-Pro
    We have been sub-par since 2003 with Al making the same mistakes, time and time again. Poor drafts, bad free agent acquisitions (while giving up good draft picks), bad coaching choices.

What did you all realistically expect? Did you realistically expect us to be competitive and win the division?

Where is the reasonable outlook to how successful franchises run their teams? Rarely, do you see professional football teams turn it around in one year in normal circumstances - Reggie McKenzie took over in the WORST of situations.

And you expect us to win the division? Oh - you expect us to be competitive with Baltimore and New Orleans? No - I expect us to be competitive with KC and Jacksonville, like we were....nothing more.

These things take TIME. And until the emotional Raider fans match their expectations to Reality, they will never enjoy a damn thing. I cannot wait to re-visit this forum in 2014 when we go 10-6. The fans today that litter the board with negativity and talking crap, will be the same ones in 2014 kissing RM's ass.
    Finally a nice logical post, its insane these people calling for Mckenzie to be fired are you nuts, ok I understand wanting knapp gone but you cant just fire The GM and the head coach at this point in the season, lets be real this organization is a mess at every aspect, we were not making the super bowl, the playoffs, or even a winning record this year and thats the bottom line. Let Reggie do his thing finish cleaning house of overpaid bums, fixing the salary cap, start drafting quality starting football players not some guys who are just strong tall and fast and soon enough everything will be ok.

defiance is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by nmonte374 View Post
    Finally a nice logical post, its insane these people calling for Mckenzie to be fired are you nuts, ok I understand wanting knapp gone but you cant just fire The GM and the head coach at this point in the season, lets be real this organization is a mess at every aspect, we were not making the super bowl, the playoffs, or even a winning record this year and thats the bottom line. Let Reggie do his thing finish cleaning house of overpaid bums, fixing the salary cap, start drafting quality starting football players not some guys who are just strong tall and fast and soon enough everything will be ok.
    In todays day n age you better at least bring a H.S. calliber team to compete tsk tsk , no excuse.... if there were signs of progression half way thru id say ok but heh . any givin sunday in the nfl ... I mean why would ya allow everything to be changed at once lol , shoulda just stopped bleeding first ... now we set back few yrs.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Competent GM? Mckenzie hired Dennis Allen.
    Have you watched the Raiders play this season?

We FINALLY have a competant GM, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. I am happy with the direction this team is headed. .
    Naphtali and Idaho Raider like this.

xcraider37 is online now Limited Membership
    All-Pro

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I think you mistakingly have the wrong helmet in your profile, please change it, we are not Zorn supporters here. Other than that great post.

Sorry man on the phone app your avatar stays as the Seahawks.
    Last edited by xcraider37; 11-19-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: To Apologize

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SF_Raider_Fan View Post
    Competent GM? Mckenzie hired Dennis Allen.
    Have you watched the Raiders play this season?
    Yep. There are vastly more talented teams than the Raiders that have the same record or a single game ahead. It would be nice to see the defense tighten up but there's simply nobody that can cover NFL receivers on the roster.
    speedkills, kinz, RaiderAg and 2 others like this.

Hall of Famer

Yikes!!! What did you guys expect?

On another note who's watching the Monday night game and watching Kapernick ball like crazy. Didn't we have a chance to get him?
    My next door neighbor is a Raider fan my 2 neighbors across from me are Raider fans. A Lion fan down the street hung up a Detriot Lions flag outside his house a week ago.
    My neighbors and I hung up Raider Flags today and now it seems like the Lions fan took his down, huh I wonder why he did that?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by cat444 View Post
    just agree it will take 3 or 4 years to fix this mess. RM had no draft pick and no money , he cannot make miracle. routt in round 2 was not a pick of RM, mike mitchell in round 2 was not a pick of RM, rolando mcclain in round 1 was not a pick of RM , darius h-bey in round 1 at 8 was not a pick of RM , to trade so many picks for palmer was not a decision of RM , to draft jamarcus russell was not a decision of RM, to give so much money to tommy kelly was not a decision of RM, to draft mike huff in round 1 was not a decision of Rm . al davis make mistake during 10 years , awful draft, big money for ordinary player, no vision for the futur etc.

i give 3 years to RM and allen to prove they can fix this situation , after we will see.
    ^ Sure agree with your sentiment. Add a year or two to the timeline.

xcraider37 is online now Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIDERFAN520 View Post
    On another note who's watching the Monday night game and watching Kapernick ball like crazy. Didn't we have a chance to get him?
    He is out playing Campbell big time.
    Chewy316 likes this.

Idaho Raider is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Why are you posting that on every thread? Dumb @ss

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    49ers are dead to me.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information