Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: DA's stoicism really yanks my chain

leafs43 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

DA's stoicism really yanks my chain

Dude inspires zero confidence pacing the sidelines just taking notes when sh!t is hitting the fan.

Stoicism works great when you are winning football games. But even the ultimate stoic, Belichick, when he is losing he gets riled up and starts yelling at the coaches and players and gets visibly pissed off.

DA needs to start getting in people's faces when they are not doing their jobs. DA needs to start acting like a head coach and not some statistician.

Hall of Famer
    This is about the last thing I worry about, every coach is different. I mean, did this behavior work for Haley in KC? No.

Jmac89 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

DA's stoicism really yanks my chain

Tony Dungy was a great coach he never screamed at his players and went crazy.
    Jimi18, Chewy316 and heavyD like this.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Dude inspires zero confidence pacing the sidelines just taking notes when sh!t is hitting the fan.

Stoicism works great when you are winning football games. But even the ultimate stoic, Belichick, when he is losing he gets riled up and starts yelling at the coaches and players and gets visibly pissed off.

DA needs to start getting in people's faces when they are not doing their jobs. DA needs to start acting like a head coach and not some statistician.
    Go back to when he coached the browns.. he did the same thing Allen is doing right now
    Chewy316 and Rainman56 like this.
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Nexus is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    I'm going to have to agree. It's not that I want some total drama llama ranting and raving on the sidelines, but I'd like him to give the impression that he actually cares, that it's MEANINGFUL to him. He has not given me that impression, and I'm guessing he has not given the locker room that impression either. Pull-string-on-back, "We gotta execute better".

Success is equal parts passion and knowlege. While we clearly DO have to execute better, execution without heart and passion falls just as flat in the end as all passion and no brains. The really successful teams out there have both parts, and I think DA lacks the former, or if he doesn't, I at least get the feeling he doesn't inspire it. Similarly, leading is one part knowing where to to lead TO, and the other part getting people to FOLLOW you there.

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    I disagree that DA should be showing emotion. On the rare good plays he does congratulate the player who scored, and that's fine. But if he started having temper tantrums at all the bad plays it would only make things worse.
    Really games are won and lost during the teams's practice preparation; including mini-camps, training camp, preseason games etc.... That is the time when good well coached teams learn proper technique and prepare themselves for the season's games. I don't know what the Raider coaches were doing in preseason, or during mid season mid and week practice sesssions, but the players are not well prepared and during a game is not the time to try and do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post

Hall of Famer
    I think what's going on is that fans are angry with their play and want to yell at them and can't, so they want to see someone else do it. It's perfectly natural.

For all you nerds out there:
    01000111011011110010000001010010011000010110100101 10010001100101011100100111001100100001

ecnirp is offline Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Hall of Famer
    Eh...I'm ok with him being stoic.

I could use a few "death stares" at some of the players and coaches though.
    R8RFOX, diana, Chewy316 and 2 others like this.

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    RaiderSingh, Hownd and ecnirp like this.
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

agular9 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Doesnt nitpicking everything get boring for fans after awhile? People were saying they didnt like him because he wore a visor the other day.

Pro Bowler
    We Raider fans have experienced polar opposites of sideline coaching styles. Exhibit A John Madden. Exhibit B Tom Flores. They could not be more different on the sidelines but they were both great coaches and WINNERS! I couldn't care less about a coaches demeanor on the sidelines. If Dennis Allen were winning he could pull that marker of his out of his ass and I would think it was fantastic! But he's not winning so that visor and marker annoy me
    Hownd, csyzero, agular9 and 3 others like this.

Hall of Famer
    I agree, maybe some more F bombs from DA and Huff wouldnt get beat deep on a 3rd and 11 before half and Myers wont drop a easy TD catch either.
    agular9 and JUSTWINBABY9111 like this.

Hall of Famer
    Everybody's wired differently, would you prefer to have Singletary?
    csyzero likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    Dude is like a skinny white version of Art Shell as a head coach. I mean seriously what is the difference??? Beside the race, weight, and visor....what is the f---kin difference???

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SLVR and Black View Post
    Everybody's wired differently, would you prefer to have Singletary?
    As a player?Hell Ya!As a HC?Hell NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    This is why I have Knapps back
    No one owes woodson sh!t and I'm not sure he will ever see the HOF

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information