Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Davis, McKenzie, & Allen Met In Office After Game.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Davis, McKenzie, & Allen Met In Office After Game.

Davis: 'I want to see progress. Not regression.'

I found this part of the article interesting:

"Davis did, however, take issue with the ESPN report this week that a few weeks back he had told running back Darren McFadden to speak up to the coaching staff about the plays he likes to run. Davis said he had actually told the coaching staff to ask McFadden what he wanted to run.

Interestingly enough, shortly thereafter the Raiders began implementing power-blocking to run with the zone-blocking schemes behind which McFadden struggled before suffering a high-ankle sprain, and McFadden responded."
    DarkLordAlDavis likes this.

Idaho Raider is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    Davis: 'I want to see progress. Not regression.'

I found this part of the article interesting:

"Davis did, however, take issue with the ESPN report this week that a few weeks back he had told running back Darren McFadden to speak up to the coaching staff about the plays he likes to run. Davis said he had actually told the coaching staff to ask McFadden what he wanted to run.

Interestingly enough, shortly thereafter the Raiders began implementing power-blocking to run with the zone-blocking schemes behind which McFadden struggled before suffering a high-ankle sprain, and McFadden responded."
    Mark has to tell the coaches how to game plan? All is not well.
    I think he did say that DA and RM had contracts so they would be here. Maybe in another roll? Reggie would make a great equipment manager and DA could be the water boy.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Raider View Post
    I think he did say that DA and RM had contracts so they would be here. Maybe in another roll? Reggie would make a great equipment manager and DA could be the water boy.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure when it was brought up last week that he told McFadden to talk to the coaches, several people on here swore up and down that Mark would never do such a thing because he wasn't like his dad in that he'd get in the middle of things. Now it comes out from Mark Davis himself that he did in fact get involved, only it wasn't telling the player what to do, it was telling the coaches what to do. So to anyone who swears that Mark Davis will just sit back and allow Reggie McKenzie and his goon squad destroy this franchise, I believe you are sorely mistaken.

danax is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Raider View Post
    Like father, like son...
    SouthJerzeyPirate likes this.

Luca_Brasi is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Mark: Hey Reggie where are all the players we drafted?

Reggie: Stupar is on the practice squad, bergstrom is on the bench, bilukudi is on the bench, crawford is not activated, Criner played a little today and Burris is the only starter.
    UptownXguy3, chudezee and AL 9000 like this.

JoeRaider is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    Yeah I'm pretty sure when it was brought up last week that he told McFadden to talk to the coaches, several people on here swore up and down that Mark would never do such a thing because he wasn't like his dad in that he'd get in the middle of things. Now it comes out from Mark Davis himself that he did in fact get involved, only it wasn't telling the player what to do, it was telling the coaches what to do. So to anyone who swears that Mark Davis will just sit back and allow Reggie McKenzie and his goon squad destroy this franchise, I believe you are sorely mistaken.

This lets me know that Mark is paying attention and just like most of us is wondering why Dmac is running like he was last year and know he knows the zbs isnt dmac strong suit.
    palika01 and AL 9000 like this.

weber_2 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by danax View Post
    Like father, like son...
    Why not? If your best player is hindered because some clown of a coach decided to change schemes and the team look like ****, as an owner, why not call out the coaches?

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca_Brasi View Post

Reggie: Stupar is on the practice squad, bergstrom is on the bench, bilukudi is on the bench, crawford is not activated, Criner played a little today and Burris is the only starter.
    Lets get these fvcking guys on the filed and see what they got!!!
    BigPrimo likes this.

Luca_Brasi is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Mark, can we PLEASE get a REAL coach?????!!!!!

raider_kin62 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    I know, I mean they've had 10 games to fix this goatscr*w. That's way too many.

Next management crew should only get 8.
    rhumbob likes this.

Hall of Famer
    If you screw up at home, you can expect dad to say something. If you screw up at school, you can expect the teacher to say something. If you screw up on the job, you can expect your boss to say something.

How in the world could anyone expect the owner of the Oakland Raiders to sit back and be silent as he watches one of the proudest franchises in the history of the NFL turn into a laughing stock?

Enough of this nonsense of Reggie has a plan and give it time. Folks, Mark Davis isn't stupid and neither are the fans who have seen enough. This team was 8-8 last year and had it collapsed after a 7-4 record. Call them bums and they were never that good if you will. Thats crap. They were better than 7-4 and the collapse exacerbated the problems that were apparent in the locker room. Hue Jackson may have overstepped his authority. Hue Jackson may have lost his players. We may never know what it was. However, one thing was very clear, Hue Jackson had this team playing a heck of a lot better than it is now. The team was on the verge of being playoff contenders. In fact, they were playoff contenders. They fell short.

Now? Bums. Regression if you will. Why? Oh, it was Al Davis's fault. He traded picks. He paid high dollars to average players. He was old. He was this and he was that. Baloney!

With Mcfadden last year prior to the injury, he was the NFL's best back. Denarius and Jacoby Ford were bonafide threats and rising stars. DHB was coming into his own. This team had weapons and youth. Now? Garbage. They can't block. They can't score. They can't win. They are an embarrassment. Regression is being kind. It is also accurate.

Why wouldn't the owner call them out. He thought they should compete. They should have if they had improved what was wrong and not radically changed everything that worked. It was stupid. Plain simple and accurate.

Now what? We have a problem. You can't fire everybody. That just leads to the same stability problems that has plagued the franchise for the past decade. Yet, you can't continue to follow this path of destruction. The players don't fit the system. Therefore, you either change the players or the system. So what is easier, changing 40 players or changing a system?

Hard question huh? It's a no brainer. Change the system. It dosn't work.

Some may think it is too late now. It is. However, if you bring back the things these guys were comfortable doing, they should respond better and at least become competitive.

That is something to build on next season. This season is over and has been since the Charger game. They hung on and gave glimmers of hope as they tetered on 3-4 with a home game against Tampa. 3 losses later that have been an embarrassment has set this team and franchise into a tail spin.

Being stubborn and stupid are not qualities of great leaders. Remember stay the course? It was a dumb slogan for a poor leader. Right this ship and give fans and players hope for next year.

Right now, there is no hope and the team is embarrassing.

If the coaches aren't smart enough to figure it out, the owner needs to. Nice job Mark. Regression is not an option.

chudezee is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by danax View Post
    Like father, like son...
    No that's common frickin sense... Hmm he's been a beast last 2 years new offense no he stinks.

danax is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chudezee View Post
    No that's common frickin sense... Hmm he's been a beast last 2 years new offense no he stinks.
    Right. We all know that.
    I'm ok with Mark saying whatever he feels like...he's more like a poster on this board, a regular fan, than an owner.
    And I watched the video of him in the locker room after my post and I doubt he'll try to get heavy handed with the team. He commented about that.
    Raiders Baby! likes this.

Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    If I was the owner I would have been calling Coaches out like 4 games ago.

Ο Ιησούς Χριστός είναι o Σωτήρας μου

corleone is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca_Brasi View Post

We'll just ignore the fact that all we had was a couple mid round picks. It's not like we passed on Andrew Luck with our fourth rounder.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information