Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Knapp's Problem

j_sizzle is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

Knapp's Problem

He is way too conservative. He needs to be more aggressive early in games. We have burners not possession receivers outside of Criner.

Hall of Famer

Knapp's Problem

Thank you, Captain Obvious.
    Naphtali and Rebellion like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeinrichmond View Post
    I just hope the Raiders win a superbowl before the return of Jesus. All I can do is hope.
    "Davis was one of the greatest coaches I have ever observed... A truly great coach. Had he remained in coaching, he would be considered one of the greatest of all time". - Bill Walsh

j_sizzle is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Len View Post
    Thank you, Captain Obvious.
    Your Welcome Captain Jack*ss
    biglizardone likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by j_sizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raider_len View Post
    thank you, captain obvious.
    your welcome captain jack*ss
    lmao
    UptownXguy3 and Rainman56 like this.
    I just hope the Raiders win a superbowl before the return of Jesus. All I can do is hope.
    "Davis was one of the greatest coaches I have ever observed... A truly great coach. Had he remained in coaching, he would be considered one of the greatest of all time". - Bill Walsh

Hall of Famer
    I think he's just a poor coach in general, the offense doesn't look prepared, the game plan is weak and his play calling is boring as hell.

I think his scheme is OK, he just doesn't stand out as an offensive mind.

Hall of Famer

Knapp's Problem

I'm starting to think that Reggie's just looking to see who's gonna play with fire in their bellies, even in a hopeless situation. Let all the rats run off the ship, like Madden used to say. I say we've seen enough of that, by this point. Now is the time to turn the offense over to Saunders, and see who fits in, going forward. As far as the defense goes, I think they have a good idea of who can play, and who can't.
    Naphtali and Nexus like this.

Hall of Famer
    I'm starting to think that Reggie's just looking to see who's gonna play with fire in their bellies, even in a hopeless situation. Let all the rats run off the ship, like Madden used to say. I say we've seen enough of that, by this point. Now is the time to turn the offense over to Saunders, and see who fits in, going forward.
    Well, if the defense doesn't get better it wont matter what coach we have on offense, i don't like Knapp, but fixing this awful defense is job number one IMO.

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    His days are numbered. Just an awful decision by Allen. He set himself up for early failure on the offensive side of the ball. The players drop passes at times, and do not execute, but he has a lot of questionable play calling. I can except some physical mistakes like dropping a pass, but not mental mistakes by Knapp. I prefer somebody that is an innovator, and somebody that can identify our strengths and use them. He is not a consistent play caller. It's as simple as that. He doesn't mix it up well, and that's why we stink in the RZ, and if we drop 1 pass in the red then we never recover and get 6.

I can not wait to see a lot of players gone; Knapp and Pollack gone. I am curious about the scheme we will be running. I wish they would hire Wylie again. He knows this group and they performed being instructed by him. He is a great OL coach. I do not know if he is available though.

Idaho Raider is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SLVR&BLK View Post
    I think he's just a poor coach in general, the offense doesn't look prepared, the game plan is weak and his play calling is boring as hell.

I think his scheme is OK, he just doesn't stand out as an offensive mind.
    I think the whole staff is bad. Players are not prepared to play. D is just lost. But I am sure some will come on here and claim this roster is uncoachable.

raiderwood is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Knapp's Problem

We have new plays on both sides of the ball. If the players can't execute the basic plays they practiced all offseason, what makes you think they can execute the advanced playbook? It comes with time, which is why we haven't been that good, and why I am lobbying for this regime to get more than 2 years together to get the right personel mix and core players that consistently execute on the field. We've seen the guys that can execute this year, and if we can add to that core, this team should grow along with the system and playbook.

We need to give it some time, guys.

superm is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie

Knapp's Problem

The secondary is poorly coached......I'm sorry! They may not be the most talented players but they are almost always out of position. I have never seen a free safety and strong safety consistently out of position on pass plays. These guys look like they have no idea what to do and the fact it happens over and over again shows that its coaching. Every deep ball that gets thrown the corner is always slowing up for the help.....well the problem is there isn't ever any help. I only problem I have with Knapp is the play calling in the red zone......we get there and then it gets extremely stupid
    Naphtali and BigPrimo like this.

Murphys Law is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Raider Nation's biggest problem is that Greg Krapp is still breathing.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderwood View Post
    We have new plays on both sides of the ball. If the players can't execute the basic plays they practiced all offseason, what makes you think they can execute the advanced playbook? It comes with time, which is why we haven't been that good, and why I am lobbying for this regime to get more than 2 years together to get the right personel mix and core players that consistently execute on the field. We've seen the guys that can execute this year, and if we can add to that core, this team should grow along with the system and playbook.

We need to give it some time, guys.
    I honestly don't care if we run ZBS or PBS or even a POSBS, Knapp is not imaginative enough period.

People bring up Fargas saying things like "Knapp had Fargas as a 1000 yard back, it's DMCs fault.". I DONOT remember this many stretch plays last time he was here.

I hate to use Madden as a reference, but hear me out on this one ok guys.

I have Foster on my Fantasy team so I've watched a hell of a lot of Texans football this year, they run that play once every 3 downs at least.

Now with the Madden reference...

Knapp reminds me of a kid who you play online that is trying to glitch, he knows the play can work (he saw it in Houston) so he keeps calling it and is not willing to stop because he has seen it work time & time again. When I'm playing someone who does this I zero in on THAT play and make him beat me another way.

Not to over simplify things, but you stop that 1 play for a loss multiple times a game, it puts the offense in a world of trouble. I know we need to block better and bla bla bla, but this is on film for every team to prepare for.
    BigPrimo likes this.

Murphys Law is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I'm starting to think that Reggie's just looking to see who's gonna play with fire in their bellies, even in a hopeless situation. Let all the rats run off the ship, like Madden used to say. I say we've seen enough of that, by this point. Now is the time to turn the offense over to Saunders, and see who fits in, going forward. As far as the defense goes, I think they have a good idea of who can play, and who can't.
    That'll be a quick process with the talentless puss!es Oakland has.

inphinity is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Deep insightful analysis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information