Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Knapp's Problem

0utlaw is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Knapp's problem is that he's playing Chess and only knows how to use half of his pieces..
    LaRaider2010 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    It was Hue's offense and Hue called the plays. Saunders was listed as OC but was really an assistant He was and is a good guy to have in the organization, but Reggie and Allen want the Texans style offense, and Saunders doesn't run that kind of scheme. I understand that Reggie needs to start implementing his style and put his mark on this team. Do You ?

Quote Originally Posted by reapersgt View Post
    What's that one guys name that is still coaching with the Raiders? I believe he was the OC last year. This year he's working with the TEs...

Gosh

if only somehow he would have stayed with the team...oh wait he did!

His name is Al Saunders...might have kept him in his spot since the offense wasn't an embarrassment last year.

But alas we are in the poop on Al's guys era of Raider football
    Yeah I know it's going to be Reggie's way, but don't sit there and act like there wasn't an OC in waiting. You said Knapp was the 5th choice, because nobody wanted the gig.

The thing I don't agree with is if your rebuilding and have an above average offense and a poor defense why tear down the offense in the manner of minutes.

If you want to succeed and by succeed... I mean get the fans to by in...why with your first hire do you get a guy that is LOATHED by the fan base.

You can say all you want to, but he set himself up to be disliked before training camp started. It's the equal to the next coach bringing back Chucky B.
    0utlaw and BigPrimo like this.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Raider View Post
    I think the whole staff is bad. Players are not prepared to play. D is just lost. But I am sure some will come on here and claim this roster is uncoachable.
    Im sure our roster is coachable but that doesnt change the fact that most of our players suck, especially on defense

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Either you guys are ignorant to the situation or you are choosing to forget that it was reported that Knapp was Allen's 5th person on the list for the OC position. The others said NO. Allen didn't have any better options. A position with the Raiders has not been desirable from good coaches for a long long time and it is going to take some time to change that. The Raiders can choose from retreads or unproven coaches.
    Learn it
    live it
    and dont love it.
    No I have posted that he wasn't first choice, but going a totally different direction (ZBS) with your 5th choice means the first season could possibly set you back as a first year coach if your not careful. It's way to late in the game now, and way to ugly to not say he totally f*cked up in hiring Knapp. He should have not let him shuffle our line, LT and LG played really well side by side and Knapp could (should) be a one and done coach, and Allen let him mess with some good pieces. Knapp being a one and done coach should have been expected by Allen, or at least anticipated. Veldeer was in Priscoes top 100, what is he now? He is not old, and he is not on the decline, and he was projected as a ZBS LT and so was Wiz. He had chemistry with Wiz. Knapp is without a doubt incapable of choosing personnel on offense. At least not LM. this is on DA, Knapp has failed 4 seasons in a row. Atl, 2 with Raiders, and one with Seattle.

He chose Briesle, and DA is responsible. Before the season, I posted he should be fired if this type of season happened, but I have since backed off. I want him to stay for our reputation at this point more than anything. I want to be on a level playing field with other teams when it comes to hiring coaches.

Franchise LTs do not grow on trees and now I have read move him to RT. Holy sh*t, and f*ck Knapp. He is regressing WHAT TALENT we have. Not just the LM. He brought in Briesle, shuffled some promising players and let a decent one go.

We needed the O to perform better, Allen is not helping himself. I want him back a second season, for our future. He is not helping himself at all in 2012 though. Allen could have went many directions, and that move was questionable, hiring Knapp. I would seriously have waited and stayed in a vertical power attack similar to last season with some zone, than going with Knapp, who failed 4 seasons in a row. How could he think Knapp could rebuild the Raiders? There's no Terrell Owens here. I miss one coach that made a difference last season, and that's Wylie. DA simply can not get a pass on Knapp, and I like DA. Knapp shouldn't even been considered.

All is in the past though. But Knapp still f*cking sucks, and still was an enormous mistake, that DA can fix.
    Moriarty likes this.

jrhone is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Either you guys are ignorant to the situation or you are choosing to forget that it was reported that Knapp was Allen's 5th person on the list for the OC position. The others said NO. Allen didn't have any better options. A position with the Raiders has not been desirable from good coaches for a long long time and it is going to take some time to change that. The Raiders can choose from retreads or unproven coaches.
    Learn it
    live it
    and dont love it.
    Thats the problem. ANYONE with Knapp on his list AT ALL should never have been considered for the job. Do you think Oregons OC, or maybe even Kansas St. or LSU, or Florida, or even Texas A&M would be available? These are guys that HAVE to coach up the talent to win games. Have to coach the basics, but put in complex systems week in and week out. MAYBE look at those guys instead of a failed Pro OC. Or...MAYBE....just MAYBE....if your HC can't recruit a good OC and DC...HES NOT THE GUY. If Gruden came back, do you think he could get a better OC? Yes...again expect the same from this guy...why does he get a pass. If he can't inspire a guy to coach on his staff, then maybe he's not the guy, and maybe he wont inspire the players to play.

Clearly what they thought was this: Hue wasnt that good. He got lucky, anyone can do that. Get some better defense and we go 10-6. Easy. What they are seeing is that even though Hues Defense wasnt great he was able to score. He was able to inspire. He was able to coach. DA, cant do any of that.
    UptownXguy3 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information