Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: So... Who do we go after in next years draft?

Venom0420 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

So... Who do we go after in next years draft?

I'm usually optimistic, but it's obvious our team is going nowhere this season. Allen is probably here to stay for at least the next three years, so this team will be built around his ideas.

There are just so many glaring holes in this football team, I'm not even sure about our running back position even more. What do we go after in the draft?

I don't watch a lot of college ball, but we'll probably earn a top 10 pick, so what kinda talent and from which schools should we be keeping an eye on?

All-Pro

Manti Te'o
    NEO, BigDaddyChacon and Sithman like this.

Hall of Famer

We need to trade down and pick up more picks. Trade down pick up a 2nd for sure and add a couple 3's and maybe later picks. We need help all over this team and when we draft don't just settle or reach. Draft the best player available because we aren't solid in any 1 particular position other than maybe kicker. Lets see what all the hype is about when it comes to Reggie's evaluation of talent.
    My next door neighbor is a Raider fan my 2 neighbors across from me are Raider fans. A Lion fan down the street hung up a Detriot Lions flag outside his house a week ago.
    My neighbors and I hung up Raider Flags today and now it seems like the Lions fan took his down, huh I wonder why he did that?

Jmac89 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

Jarvis jones
    Sithman likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Ah , I forget the name but recall the DE from Texas A&M !!!!! 1st Pick !!!!

ThirtyFour is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Geno Smith

Idaho Raider is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom0420 View Post
    I'm usually optimistic, but it's obvious our team is going nowhere this season. Allen is probably here to stay for at least the next three years, so this team will be built around his ideas.

There are just so many glaring holes in this football team, I'm not even sure about our running back position even more. What do we go after in the draft?

I don't watch a lot of college ball, but we'll probably earn a top 10 pick, so what kinda talent and from which schools should we be keeping an eye on?
    What makes you think Allen is going to be here for three more years? Last I looked the whole team has taken a dump. At the rate it is going they might win one more game. That will get the whole staff fired and Reggie also.

dhitter is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyFour View Post
    Geno Smith
    Geno will be long gone by the time the Raiders pick. Depends on who is left on the board. I actually think Jarvis Jones is a great fit. He may go top 5 as well. The guy is a beast. That having been said...I hope Oakland rolls the dice elsewhere.

MrWestGrand is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

Star Latoulelei

Our A and B gaps are horrible. We need this beast to clog up the middle.

Runners are feasting there.

SoCalRaiders_1 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SDraider34 View Post
    Manti Te'o
    This.

the_wolfman89 is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Raider View Post
    What makes you think Allen is going to be here for three more years? Last I looked the whole team has taken a dump. At the rate it is going they might win one more game. That will get the whole staff fired and Reggie also.
    Reggie will go nowhere, he's trying to solve all the BS Al did with player's contracts. Anyway, I hope to see Allen going away. 2 straight games against opponents' backups. That means a lot.

SC Raider is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Al passed away last year.

Chewy316 is offline Moderator
    Hall of Famer
    Reggie won't be fired, absolutely no chance of that happening regardless of how the team goes the rest of the year. It would take a lot more for DA to get the chop. My best guess is that there will be a few assistant coaching changes, specifically on the O-Line and a few defensive coaching changes. The biggest change is going to come in terms of the player changeover. I analyzed the roster a week or so ago in premium and said there were only about half a dozen certainties to be there next year, with another 15-20 guys who I wouldn't surprise to be there simply because you can't turnover 45 players in one season. I would expect at least 20-25 players on this team to not be there in 2013. Having more picks this season to rebuild through the draft and a better salary cap to work with is sure to help out with this too.
    Do it once, do it right. Or don't do it at all.
    Just win, baby!
    Al Davis, the greatest ever owner in professional sports

Follow me on Twitter: @HBNadolny

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    We need help everywhere I just hope the first pick is on defense

r8erray is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Draft a pass rusher or one of the two beast DT's if not that then trade down & get more picks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information