Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: a couple of coaches

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer

a couple of coaches

It would have been nice if Mark Davis had kept Hue Jackson for this first "post-Al" season. Or given Saunders a one year head coach contract. You know, take a year to mull things over and come up with a smart strategy. If Jackson or Saunders did not perform well this season then the Raiders might hire Orgeon's Chip Kelley , a proven successful collegiate head coach, or maybe Stanford's David Shaw. Really there are several promising college coaches, and some NFL-veteran coach solid guys like Wade Phillips or Jack Del Rio.
    It is a shame Mark Davis hastily hired the inexperienced and unproven Mckenzie, who hastily hired the inexperienced and unproven Dennis Allen. It didn't have to be that way.
    Ro_34 and biglizardone like this.

Chairman of the Board
    oh lord
    stork44, Mr Cosio and RaiderXLeo like this.

R8rHead is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

a couple of coaches

When will this end?

Premium is calling my name...loud

Hall of Famer
    Chip Kelly would fail miserably in the NFL...David Shaw I think would make a good NFL coach
    Ro_34 likes this.
    "The massive Raider Nation is beyond doubt the sleaziest and rudest and most sinister mob of thugs and wackos ever assembled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Mckenzie
    The Raiders organization, with respect and deference to all its tradition and history, is about to embark on a new era...As we embark on this new era of change, one thing will remain constant and that is our Commitment to Excellence
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us special thanks to Ayso

Chairman of the Board
    GREAT win Stanford and coach Shaw!!!!
    Pledge likes this.
    We want to win. The Raider fans deserve it. The Raider players deserve it, even my organization deserves it. You have to win and you have to win with a vision for the Super Bowl. That's our passion here. - Al Davis

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

a couple of coaches

I love it. Keep spreading the awareness.

raider_kin62 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Wade Philips?

Shirley you jest.

No, that's not a typo.

Just a bad joke.
    Sardonicus likes this.

raider_kin62 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Jack Del Rio, on the other hand, I would like to see in Silver and Black.
    Ro_34 and ShadowRage41 like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    I love it. Keep spreading the awareness.
    You mean disawareness
    "The massive Raider Nation is beyond doubt the sleaziest and rudest and most sinister mob of thugs and wackos ever assembled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie Mckenzie
    The Raiders organization, with respect and deference to all its tradition and history, is about to embark on a new era...As we embark on this new era of change, one thing will remain constant and that is our Commitment to Excellence
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us special thanks to Ayso

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by underdog View Post
    What kind of sick bastard starts a thread like this
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    This is why I have Knapps back
    No one owes woodson sh!t and I'm not sure he will ever see the HOF

JUSTWINBABY9111 is online now Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Knapp may suck and maybe we will never get the ZBS running strong, but seriously, f*ck Hue. He lost a lot of winnable, AND important games down the stretch. I lost faith in him WELL before the SD game. I was already thinking about 2012 and I wanted to keep him, just because Al could never get a coach, but I knew we were destined to be MEDIOCRE, because we are who we are, and he was mediocre. Shedding Hue has not had any real impact on whether or not we makes the play-offs in 2012. The Broncos have the west on lock no matter what. Let's find the guy that can get this offense going. We have had bad defense for a long damn time. Hey, we got a defensive minded coach! Maybe a D minded coach gets the O wrong his first try as a young rookie head coach....

>>>Nobody knows what happened with Hue, Davis and RM. Hearing Hue's press conferences... come on he probably said some pretty undesirable things. I think DAVIS wanted him gone and RM took the heat.<<< Because of this ever time I read "We should have kept Hue," I just try to skip it. Because maybe it was not even a possibility.

I saw DMC with a guy with a half of a brain able to use him. I didn't see anything special. It was better than the recent coaching. Knapp needs to go, and it will happen.

The only game I finished down the stretch was SD, and that was a mistake. He was not a Raider, and never will be a Raider. He sucks. DA is not throwing winnable games out the window. Again...

Hue f*cking sucks.
    stork44 and Sardonicus like this.

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    So make your new HC keep your former HC as his new OC? That makes a lot of sense.
    Sardonicus likes this.

jpumphrey is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    If hue was so great why is he an ASSISTANT defensive backs coach????
    InReggieWeTrust likes this.

BVJ
    Hall of Famer
    Mark Davis had dealt with Hue Jackson for 6 months, he knew the kin of person he was, no need to draw it out.

Al Saunders isn't an OC even, he's pretty old, no way he would want to be a HC.

Chip Kelly and David Shaw being successful in college is not automatically successful in the NFL.

Hire a proven coach like Wade Phillips or JDR? Only thing they have proven is they make better cordinators than HCs.

Lol! "Inexperienced McZ". McZ has 18 years front office experience from scout to assisstant GM, highly recommended by Ron Wolf, and Al Davis himself almost hired him.

Due to McZ' 18 years experience with the Packers and 4-5 actually in the NFL.. sorry sir, I trust he can evaluate coaches extremely better than the casual fan.

cheapshotartist is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by BVJ View Post
    Mark Davis had dealt with Hue Jackson for 6 months, he knew the kin of person he was, no need to draw it out.

Al Saunders isn't an OC even, he's pretty old, no way he would want to be a HC.

Chip Kelly and David Shaw being successful in college is not automatically successful in the NFL.

Hire a proven coach like Wade Phillips or JDR? Only thing they have proven is they make better cordinators than HCs.

Lol! "Inexperienced McZ". McZ has 18 years front office experience from scout to assisstant GM, highly recommended by Ron Wolf, and Al Davis himself almost hired him.

Due to McZ' 18 years experience with the Packers and 4-5 actually in the NFL.. sorry sir, I trust he can evaluate coaches extremely better than the casual fan.
    WORD!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information