Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: McFadden rumored to be out another 2-4weeks?

RiedersRaiders is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

McFadden rumored to be out another 2-4weeks?

A lot of the fantasy "experts" are saying this is an accurate update on McFadden. If this is true wouldn't that mean he could possibly miss the rest of the season? Given his past injury recovery....

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    high ankle sprains tend to be 2-4 weeks and this is the second week so yes i would think he is out this week and maybe another 1 or 2 . Dont see why people care he was averaging 3.3 a carry our running game can suck with him or suck without him . Reece also doesnt drop the passes mcfadden has been this yaer.
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

rex388 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    I love McFadden don't get me wrong. But when he is hurt. Whatever they say he will miss times it by 2 and that is usually about right.

Chairman of the Board
    Hopefully he will be back in time for another run at the playoffs.

2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Member Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    High Ankle Sprain = 3-4 weeks minimum. Anyone that says different is lying to you. We will not have DMac or Goodson until at least the Bronco game more realistically the Chief game and quite possibly not till the last 2 games.
    PIRATE GUY I'M IN
    2014 OAKLAND RAIDERS: BUILDING THE FUTURE ONE PIECE AT A TIME

"Don't worry about the horse being blind, just load the wagon." John Madden
    Join our Social Group: House of Thrills Tailgating Crew. Post your pics. Tell us your experiences.
    http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/groups/house-thrills-tailgating-crew.html

RiedersRaiders is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    I guess the only thing I'd be concerned with is that every game he's out his value sinks IF we were thinking of a trade.
    Mytruckhercar likes this.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by d-mac37 View Post
    hopefully he will be back in time for another run at the playoffs.

lol
    Mytruckhercar and Sardonicus like this.

Sardonicus is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    lol
    Yep. I literally laughed out loud when I read his comment.
    Mytruckhercar likes this.

hellbound is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    . Reece also doesnt drop the passes mcfadden has been this yaer.
    That's Knapps fault.

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Damn Darren missing games with an injury that is so out of character for him and all that he is meant for the Raiders since he is been here .
    lxmosley and Sardonicus like this.

Hall of Famer

Reece averaged more per a carry than McFadden did this year, and is not dropping passes.
    Dmac hasn't done much this year, I honestly think Reece and Stewart will do just as good.

Sardonicus is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallica0688 View Post
    Damn Darren missing games with an injury that is so out of character for him and all that he is meant for the Raiders since he is been here .
    I remember last year a thread was started asking if we should consider trading him while he still had high value. Some people flipped out.

I suggested trading him after a productive year simple because he was hurt frequently and didn't help us out any by being on the sidelines, but his rushing yards were up there so a team was likely to bite and offer a 2nd-rounder (not sure about a 1st, but you never know).

If we tried trading an oft-injured RB with this year's lack of production, we'd be lucky to get a 4th-rounder. That sucks for us now because he obviously struggles in the ZBS and I'm not sure that we're getting rid of that any time soon. I'm pretty sure he's not getting rid of the injury bug any time soon, either.

Hall of Famer

He will be out for the year yet again! Trade him away while we have a chance, might get a 3rd pick. He is talented but we need production.

Hall of Famer
    McFadden has been a non factor in this offense so meh.....

Id be more interested in seeing the offense in Palmers hands and for us to become a pass first O. Im ready to open this thing up. Dying for it actually. Go 3 wr, 4 wr, sets all game and just let Palmer be Palmer. We still have a lot of games and its possible for us to finish 8-8 or 7-9. Id be happy with that.

18uk_raider is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Posted this on UkRaiderNation to a similar subject and thought it was relevant here

It all seems very reminiscent of last season doesn't it :-[, every week we were told he 'might' be good to go Sunday, he 'might' be back in practice next week, etc and all the while we knew he wouldn't be. So they say again he might play, I'm going to stick my neck out and say he won't be fit for the Saints if he was still in a walking boot on Monday - unless its all a big cover up so the Saints prepare for Jones/Reece and are shocked when we unleash RunDMC ;D

I've been unfortunate to suffer 'high ankle sprains' in my football (soccer) career, except we call it ligament damage and some cases can be worse than an actual fracture of the ankle. To be honest, I'd be surprised if hes back before Thanksgiving. Of course it depends on the true extent of the injury - but seeing as the Raiders remain tight-lipped on all things injury, I'll have to use an educated guess. That educated guess tells me if he was still in a boot on Monday, it'll be atleast a fortnight before he's mobile again.

Of course I'd love to be wrong, but we'll see. It seems the fantasy folks may indeed know a thing or two that the Raiders don't want you/us to know.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information