Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Raiders | Another big stat line for Carson Palmer

Sardonicus is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayg0stylz View Post
    Do you remember how great Matt Cassell looked when Brady went out in NE?? Matt Flynn looked like the greatest QB of all time when he replaced Rodgers in GB. Kevin Kolb was the next big thing in Andy Reids QB friendly system. Drew Brees was average at best in SD, in NO he's a future hall of famer.

The QB gets more credit and more blame than they deserve for winning in the NFL. For the most part they only go as far as the system and the players around them allow.
    Awesome post.

It's amazing to me how many times we've all said that with our o-line, lack of reliable WRs, and a non-existent running game not even Brady or Manning would have success (not to mention our deplorable defense and special teams), but some still discredit what Palmer has done, choosing to focus only on his interceptions.

I wish we had one of those elite QBs that never throws picks, like Brees, Rodgers, Schaub, Matt Ryan.....oh, wait
    JD707 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Exactly Raider Dave, good stat dig there.

Sounds like Garbage time huh Claps. bwuaaahahahahahahahahahahaha
    everyone laughs at you.
    Claps does this just to get a rise out of people and so he can constantly fight with everyone on this board. This is how he sees value in himself.
    its a sickness really.

That is why I have that clown on ignore!! It makes my visit here so much more pleasant. Everyone keeps quoting her so I'm still forced to read some of her posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Live.B.A.Raida View Post
    I believe a Brady or Rodgers carries this team to the playoffs no doubt... and once you get there who knows??? Please tell me Denver has better offensive weapons than Oakland...
    The few times I've watched the Donkeys this year...The D only gets a few sniffs at Manning. Their O=line is playing lights out compared to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonicus View Post
    Awesome post.

It's amazing to me how many times we've all said that with our o-line, lack of reliable WRs, and a non-existent running game not even Brady or Manning would have success (not to mention our deplorable defense and special teams), but some still discredit what Palmer has done, choosing to focus only on his interceptions.

I wish we had one of those elite QBs that never throws picks, like Brees, Rodgers, Schaub, Matt Ryan.....oh, wait
    Word...

Chairman of the Board
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NoClapsPlease View Post
    nice individual stat

but also a testament to us playing from behind and garbage time stat padding

its these numbers that helps knapp get hired over and over again.

meh most of palmers numbers actually come in the first and second quarter.
    "Darth Vader is a punk compared to Al Davis," Hunter S Thompson

Hall of Famer
    the fact of the matter is

if we had a winning record, palmer would have a lot less yards passing.

RIIIIGGHHHHTTT!!! But here in the real world we don't have a winning record and Palmer is BY FAR the best player on offense. Name one player go ahead one player on offense besides Palmer that has truly contributed to the W's we do have so far. Go ahead I'll wait..............................
    "If your going through HELL, keep going"
    -Winston Churchill-

R8R Nate is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    Quote Originally Posted by chudezee View Post
    Anyone remember Jeff George during our 4-12 season? That's Palmer.
    Jeff George was garbage. Sad but Carson Palmer is the best QB we have had since Rich Gannon. I think Palmer is doing a decent job. The rest of the offense needs to step it up.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    thats not true

not sure where you're getting your numbers

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    heres a cute stat for you guys

when winning: 10-25, 126 yards 40% comp, 1TD, 69.8 rating

when trailing: 167-261, 1926 yards, 64% completions, 93.2 rating

we've thrown just 25 passes with a lead and you're trying to tell me all his numbers arent from playing from behind?

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board

we've thrown just 25 passes with a lead and you're trying to tell me all his numbers arent from playing from behind?
    Oh Please.. I'm not clapping for that

* The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Nero5150 is online now Limited Membership
    Veteran
    It's sad that we have a decent quarterback now but the run game and defense sucks. Every year it's the same with the Raiders, they always have glaring weaknesses and a few bright spots. And while I agree that Palmer is playing good this year, it is also true that his stats are higher from playing prevent defenses at the end of games and also because the Raiders have a very weak run game.
    mike taylor likes this.

Mr Terrific is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    haters going to hate

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPrimo View Post
    For the life of me I cant understand why he has so many yards but we have so many 3 and outs and are terrible in the redzone... stats like that you would think we score at least 50+ points a week...
    the 3 and outs only come at the beginning of the game when knapp is the infant baby that keeps trying to put the square object into the round hole, then CP comes along the (Parent) grabs the object from him and shows him how to do it, That's when the offense starts picking up those stats you see. In reality though it doesn't matter how many TD's or yards CP throws..our defense whether you believe it to be coaching or players will continue to sabotage this teams efforts in victory.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by speedkills View Post
    OK it's official...you don't watch the games.

Hall of Famer
    Claps does this just to get a rise out of people and so he can constantly fight with everyone on this board. This is how he sees value in himself.
    its a sickness really.

The dude feels he has this adversarial duty. To be some sort of contrary voice. Unfortunately it's old and tired and like many others I've given up on him and put him on ignore. I come here to talk Raiders, not to play a role in some dudes egotistical little games.
    ShadowRage41 likes this.

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

hmm so lets erase the throws when the other team had the lead??why couldnt jamarcus light it up when teams constantly had a lead on us while he was QB???i wonder what your comments would look like if palmer was black
    Raider Ran and mike taylor like this.

mike taylor is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Let's go ahead and look at his interceptions, for those who like to focus on that...

MIA: 1 INT - threw that in garbage time while we were getting blown out, but hey if garbage time TDs don't count why should INTs? he tried to force something, bad decision.

PIT: 1 INT - First drive, Moore slips on route, overthrows him. After that play, throws 3 TDs and brings our team back from a 10 point deficit in a shootout.

ATL: 1 INT - This looked like it was on him, got too comfortable going to Moore and that out route, CB makes a good play, attacks the ball, takes it to the house. How does he respond? Marches the team right down the field and gets the tying TD. You can blame Palmer for that pick because it didn't have to happen, especially on our side of the field, but he didn't lay down. Left the game in the hands of the D, and we lost. Oh well..

JAC: 1 INT - Very bonehead play trying to toss to RB. Forcing a play to happen, but fails badly. Able to lead team down by 13 and get W.

KC: 1 INT - Attack Routt on very first play. No harm done. Continues to attack Routt and gets 2 TDs and W.

TB: 3 INT - First one looked like miscommunication. Tries to go to Moore on a slant, I believe. Got it out hot because of pressure.
    Second one, tries to go down the sideline to Streater, gets hit. Underthrown and picked. He did have Reece wide open in the flat with space to run, but this was just him trying to go downfield.
    Third one, goes to Streater again, but not open. Don't know what he saw. Maybe him and Streater not on same page?

BAL: 1 INT - Batted pass. trying to go to Hagan on another bubble screen (already ran this play like 3/4 times). defense must have saw this coming.

Really these interception aren't as bad as people think. He's had a few that looked bad, and a few that didn't even matter. He's gonna throw them. OH ****ing well. He'll still throw TDs. Hasn't had one damn game where he's thrown more picks than TDs.
    Jimi18, sjec, Mr Cosio and 1 others like this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information