Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Coaching Grade F

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Coaching Grade F

Coach Allen not making ‘wholesale’ changes; Goethel out for season - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

"Coaching

The Raiders secondary looked as if it had never played together before as Flacco passed at will. The Raiders were fooled by a Ravens fake field-goal attempt that resulted in a 7-yard touchdown run by holder Sam Koch. Coming into a difficult road venue, the Raiders didn’t have the look of a team that was prepared to play, and coach Dennis Allen said the responsibility lies with him.

Grade: F"

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    Coach Allen not making ‘wholesale’ changes; Goethel out for season - Inside the Oakland Raiders - A look inside the world of the highly classified Oakland Raiders from the writers of Bay Area News Group

"Coaching

The Raiders secondary looked as if it had never played together before as Flacco passed at will. The Raiders were fooled by a Ravens fake field-goal attempt that resulted in a 7-yard touchdown run by holder Sam Koch. Coming into a difficult road venue, the Raiders didn’t have the look of a team that was prepared to play, and coach Dennis Allen said the responsibility lies with him.

I give him F+. He takes really good notes.
    Naphtali and AL 9000 like this.

Hall of Famer
    Dennis (Defensive Guru) Allen Not only recieves and "F" Grade from me as well so Far !!! But he also must spend 6 straight Saturdays at Detention at the Practice facilty !! AKA The Breakfast Club !! with RM overseeing him at the Practice facilty , He'll have lots of extra time to play with his Magic Markers !!
    R8RRICK and AL 9000 like this.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by twoutrally View Post
    I give him F+. He takes really good notes.
    I give him a F- because he wears a stupid ass visor. Its 2012 homie. Get this bum a fitted hat!!!!

And Win some games. Sh-t!

CTEX is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by POKE View Post
    I give him a F- because he wears a stupid ass visor. Its 2012 homie. Get this bum a fitted hat!!!!

And Win some games. Sh-t!
    LOL, so true.

agular9 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    lol the only question i have for those fans stuck with the "al syndrome" is, what is the back up plan that comes with wholesale changes?

you want to fire tarver, who takes over? would they do a better job?

You want to fire DA? Does Knapp take over HC duties, you want to start all over again next year... Again?

You want to cut corners or other positions? You really think the free agents they'll have to pick up off the street are better?

You want to make a trade? Are the older vets that were available before the trade dead line worth our future for maybe a couple more wins this year?

My point is, before you make knee jerk wholesale changes, you have to think of the future. This is a year to begin implementing systems and evaluating talent. Next year will prob be more of the same because there will likely be 20 new guys on next years 53. Although its been 10 years of losing, its only been 1 year of rebuilding. Cant blame it all on the coaches.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by agular9 View Post
    lol the only question i have for those fans stuck with the "al syndrome" is, what is the back up plan that comes with wholesale changes?

You want to fire DA? Does Knapp take over HC duties, you want to start all over again next year... Again?

You want to cut corners or other positions? You really think the free agents they'll have to pick up off the street are better?

You want to make a trade? Are the older vets that were available before the trade dead line worth our future for maybe a couple more wins this year?

My point is, before you make knee jerk wholesale changes, you have to think of the future. This is a year to begin implementing systems and evaluating talent. Next year will prob be more of the same because there will likely be 20 new guys on next years 53. Although its been 10 years of losing, its only been 1 year of rebuilding. Cant blame it all on the coaches.
    Once this team stops being a joke then we'll stop joking
    biglizardone likes this.

Hall of Famer
    We get it you don't like Coach Allen.

Murphys Law is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I give Allen an I for incomplete.

Giving him a grade of any type, no matter how low, is giving him way more credit than he deserves for the way this team has looked so completely lost and unprepared most of the season
    AL 9000 likes this.

Hall of Famer

Don't you think these are all questions the current management should have asked themselves at the end of last season?

You want to fire Hue? who takes over and can do a better job. You want to fire our ST coach, who takes over and can do a better job. you want to fire our Oline coach, who takes over and can do a better job. You want to fire our WR coach, who takes over and can do a better job.

You want to cut corners or other positions like dvd and chekwa? You really think the free agents they'll pick up off the street are better? You want to cut corners and or other positions like Satelle and hire Brisiel for $20,000,000? You really think this free agent off the street will make our Oline better?

My point is, before you make a knee jerk wholesale change, you have to think of the future. The last two years where the begining of implementing a system. The last two years is what I call a foundation being built. Because Although its been 7 years (not 10) of losing we had 2 years of culture change and we went from losing to avg play. This was the year, 2012, that we were supposed to be winning. The idea of implementing a system and then winning in 1 to 2 years was already in place. That is why the fans are so upset because <b>we are starting over. 1. more. time.</b>

That said, I like Dennis. it is what it is. We have him now. Let it play out.
    Ro_34, J Raid, Chewy316 and 3 others like this.

All-Pro

I agree.

MDR8ERFAN is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    These same threads come up after every blow out no matter who the coach is at the time. Everytime these games happen I become inclined to believe the players are just laying down especially on defense.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by lix333 View Post
    Don't you think these are all questions the current management should have asked themselves at the end of last season?

You want to fire Hue? who takes over and can do a better job. You want to fire our ST coach, who takes over and can do a better job. you want to fire our Oline coach, who takes over and can do a better job. You want to fire our WR coach, who takes over and can do a better job.

You want to cut corners or other positions like dvd and chekwa? You really think the free agents they'll pick up off the street are better? You want to cut corners and or other positions like Satelle and hire Brisiel for $20,000,000? You really think this free agent off the street will make our Oline better?

My point is, before you make a knee jerk wholesale change, you have to think of the future. The last two years where the begining of implementing a system. The last two years is what I call a foundation being built. Because Although its been 7 years (not 10) of losing we had 2 years of culture change and we went from losing to avg play. This was the year, 2011, that we were supposed to be winning. The idea of implementing a system and then winning in 1 to 2 years was already in place. That is why the fans are so upset because <b>we are starting over. 1. more. time.</b>
    BOOM! Roasted...
    Ro_34 likes this.

Pro Bowler
    I give him a d+, I mean we did win a few games this year. I reserve the f grade for an 0-16 season.
    tybiggums likes this.

raiderrod is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post

"Coaching

Who are you quoting?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information