Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Raiders and the 2013 NFL Draft

RealRaider21 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler

Raiders and the 2013 NFL Draft

Raiders look like they will be picking top 5 in this years draft, and we have lots of holes to fill this off-season on offense and defense. I know we need a QB for the future since Palmer getting up in age and wont be around forever. Im not sold on Barkley or Geno and I think both will be average QB's in the NFL, it would suck to waste top 5 pick on a QB who might be average. IMO i think we should trade the our high draft pick to acquire more picks and maybe trade DMac.

DMac is not worth 1st rd pick due to injuries he constantly gets, maybe we can get a late second rounder and a 5th rounder. Its easy to finds RB's especially if we stick with the ZBS.

Team Needs: DT, DE, OG, OT, OLB, MLB, TE, WR, CB, FS, SS, and QB

What do you guys think?

Hall of Famer
    Well, we did at least make it past the half way mark of the season before one of these popped up but I knew it was coming. I think it may be easier to list what we don't need VS what we do need in order to make this list. We have so many areas that could be upgraded that it's almost ridiculous to approach the upcoming draft with particular positions in mind. We could literally take BPA in every round we pick in and it wouldn't concern me in the slightest.
    Nexus likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRaider21 View Post
    Raiders look like they will be picking top 5 in this years draft, and we have lots of holes to fill this off-season on offense and defense. I know we need a QB for the future since Palmer getting up in age and wont be around forever. Im not sold on Barkley or Geno and I think both will be average QB's in the NFL, it would suck to waste top 5 pick on a QB who might be average. IMO i think we should trade the our high draft pick to acquire more picks and maybe trade DMac.

DMac is not worth 1st rd pick due to injuries he constantly gets, maybe we can get a late second rounder and a 5th rounder. Its easy to finds RB's especially if we stick with the ZBS.

Team Needs: DT, DE, OG, OT, OLB, MLB, TE, CB, FS, SS, and QB

What do you guys think?
    it's easy to find RB's for the ZBS? Really? Cuz it looks like we struck out with the 4 RBs and the hybrid RB/FB/TE/WR we have on the roster now. Must not be THAT easy.
    We want to win. The Raider fans deserve it. The Raider players deserve it, even my organization deserves it. You have to win and you have to win with a vision for the Super Bowl. That's our passion here. - Al Davis

Hall of Famer

Team Needs: DT, DE, OG, OT, OLB, MLB, TE, CB, FS, SS, and QB

What do you guys think?
    You add WR and kickers to that list and you have an entire roster to fill

Just sayin'
    Mytruckhercar and lxmosley like this.

RealRaider21 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderArt View Post
    it's easy to find RB's for the ZBS? Really? Cuz it looks like we struck out with the 4 RBs and the hybrid RB/FB/TE/WR we have on the roster now. Must not be THAT easy.
    Broncos ran the ZBS with Shannahan and plugged in RB's who fit the ZBS it and ran it pretty well.

Hall of Famer
    problem is that it's damn near impossible to find backs to fit a crappily blocked zbs

Hall of Famer
    I don't think finding a RB for ANY system is EASY. The real issue is getting the offensive line to block effectively. Once the line can do that for whatever system you're running, it makes it much easier for a RB to be successful. It's very rare to find a RB that is successful behind a crappy offensive line. The exceptions are in the HOF (i.e. Barry Sanders)

Hall of Famer
    Trade down if possible, if not then take the best player available.. This team has so many holes that we can make a case to go any direction in the first round in regards to what position to draft
    Ratim likes this.

Chairman of the Board
    Broncos ran the ZBS with Shannahan and plugged in RB's who fit the ZBS it and ran it pretty well.
    True. I wish we could get away with the crap that OL pulled. Vaseline on the jerseys, the chop blocks that injured tons of d-linemen, all the holding they got away with. They could plug guys in because the defense was worried about linemen diving at their knees instead of the runner!!
    We want to win. The Raider fans deserve it. The Raider players deserve it, even my organization deserves it. You have to win and you have to win with a vision for the Super Bowl. That's our passion here. - Al Davis

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    its no just the backs we need oline..cooper is too dam old, willie smith is a young backup who got thrown to the wolves and brisiel hasnt panned out and probably needs to be replaced...3/5 of our line need to be replaced..
    raiderArt likes this.

Hall of Famer

I know the Oline is horrible but we need playmakers on Defense! I'd address that area first if Jarvis Jone, Teo, or Star are available I'm all over it! If not trade down for more picks

Hall of Famer

I agree a good Oline makes an average back look great and unfortunately the same cant be said vice versa

RiedersRaiders is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalR8r View Post
    You add WR and kickers to that list and you have an entire roster to fill

Just sayin'
    Lol he actually did have WR in his original post.

Ratim is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    We have to trade down if possible as we have too many holes io fill. Choosing an elite player will not help us as much as getting two decent players.

Once we have a team that can hold it's own is when we start going for the elite players in the draft. At the moment we are close to the bottom of the barrel and need to upgrade in too many areas to take one player with a top 10 pick.

When McKenzie sorts out the overpaid contracts we an speed up the process with upgrading through free agency. Lets face it most upgrades over the current roster will not be very expensive.
    Vandal likes this.

Hall of Famer
    The Oakland Raiders are on the Clock ! Ah , They HAVE GOT to Trade down and assemble extra picks !!! Since they Don't have a 2nd RD Pick !!! not enough time left in the year to talk about Every need this Nauseating team needs But suffice to give a suggestion . If they Trade down ,, Seriously give this kid a shot !!! Dave Amerson CB NCS !!! hasn't had as good a season as last has fell off some in opinion perhaps BUT He has Alot of Talent and resembles the Great Mike Haynes Physically !!! 6'3 -193 !! i'm not suggesting he'll be Mike Haynes at all !!!!but he may around in the second half of the 1st RD at least or early 2nd RD !!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information