Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Raiders and the 2013 NFL Draft

Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderArt View Post
    it's easy to find RB's for the ZBS? Really? Cuz it looks like we struck out with the 4 RBs and the hybrid RB/FB/TE/WR we have on the roster now. Must not be THAT easy.
    It not being easy ... and it not being easy for the Raiders front office are two completely different things.
    raiderArt likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    THINK................ The biggest problem with play in the ZBS is our O-Line play. And yes, its been said that even average RB's can and do excelled in the ZBS.
    We have two subpar O-lineman (oldman Carlisle & Briesel) that are suited for zone blocking and 3 guys that are suited for power.
    I'm not arguing for or against the ZBS, just want to make a logical point. Beside McFadden, we have relatively little data on our run game. Here it is ...

RUSHING STATISTICS
    Player Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD
    Darren McFadden 139 455 3.3 64 2
    Mike Goodson 17 111 6.5 43 0
    Marcel Reece 14 48 3.4 9 0
    Carson Palmer 13 28 2.2 9 1
    Jeremy Stewart 7 22 3.1 6 0
    Taiwan Jones 3 8 2.7 3 0
    Darrius Heyward-Bey 2 16 8.0 20 0
    Shane Lechler 2 0 0.0 0 0
    Owen Schmitt 1 2 2.0 2 0

Plus, Goodson is a guy we got for Bruce Campbell, those were stewart's first rushing attempts in NFL I think, and Reece is a converted WR/FB playing HB?

I would be really interested to see what a quality NFL RB not named McFadden could do behind our line.
    DustInTheWind likes this.

InReggieWeTrust is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    id like to show my early mock draft and get your guys opinions im going with the raiders having the 7th pick in the draft for the sake of this mock

1st(7th)-Manti Te'o LB NOTRE DAME, Drafting Te'o over DE Sam montgomery is a hard one for me. However, I think that there is deep DT availability throughout the draft, and finding a sure fire mlb is hard as we all know with mcclain. This pick seems a lot safer to me than rolando, TE'O is a great, big linebacker with sideline to sideline range, and he also great instincts, whch seems to be haunting mcclain. This pick could change the culture of our defense and seems like one of the safest picks in the draft. we have heard that before (huff,mcclain,mcfadden) but im willing to take the risk

2nd-Traded for Palmer

3rd-Prentiss Wagner CB Tennessee- Solid corner from tennesse, only two interceptions this year, but is a great tackler and always seems to be around the ball, our defense needs secondary help the most and the third round seems like a must to draft a corner.

4th-Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA- over 1,000 yards 3 years in a row, great elusive back could be a good fit for us. We may have bigger needs but i think running back is just a big as any of them, and in the 4th round finding a back with franklins talent is huge.

5th-none

6th-Dave kruger DT UTAH, Big gap filling DT late round flier on this guy.

Trojan Raider is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Clowney is only a sophomore this year.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by InReggieWeTrust View Post
    id like to show my early mock draft and get your guys opinions im going with the raiders having the 7th pick in the draft for the sake of this mock

1st(7th)-Manti Te'o LB NOTRE DAME, Drafting Te'o over DE Sam montgomery is a hard one for me. However, I think that there is deep DT availability throughout the draft, and finding a sure fire mlb is hard as we all know with mcclain. This pick seems a lot safer to me than rolando, TE'O is a great, big linebacker with sideline to sideline range, and he also great instincts, whch seems to be haunting mcclain. This pick could change the culture of our defense and seems like one of the safest picks in the draft. we have heard that before (huff,mcclain,mcfadden) but im willing to take the risk

2nd-Traded for Palmer

3rd-Prentiss Wagner CB Tennessee- Solid corner from tennesse, only two interceptions this year, but is a great tackler and always seems to be around the ball, our defense needs secondary help the most and the third round seems like a must to draft a corner.

4th-Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA- over 1,000 yards 3 years in a row, great elusive back could be a good fit for us. We may have bigger needs but i think running back is just a big as any of them, and in the 4th round finding a back with franklins talent is huge.

5th-none

Really don't like the idea of taking a MLB that early. Haven't seen the other players specifically, but the positions you pick at are reasonable. We need more than 4 players in this draft.

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    we will be getting supp picks and i have a feeling reggie will trade down if he can to aquire more picks

Hall of Famer
    I wouldn't be surprised if we landed a player from Texas A&M. Either OT - Luke Joekel or DE - Damontre Moore.

I'm all for trading down, but I don't think there is much hope for that. Not sure what kind of friends Reggie has around the league who are willing to give him a fair deal.

MrWestGrand is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran

Raiders and the 2013 NFL Draft

I'm interested in seeing what Joey Clinkscales and Reggie come up with.

Hall of Famer
    I kinda like that other DT from Utah.
    With so many holes to fill it will be hard to argue with whatever direction we go.
    If we took Joeckel in the first and moved Veldheer to the right side I wouldn't be upset.
    Lotulelei or Te'o would be good with me.
    I know we need DB help, but I seriously don't want a DB in the first round with our other needs.

InReggieWeTrust is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Ya there is two 7th round picks a's well

tybiggums is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Raider View Post
    Clowney is only a sophomore this year.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too; the youngster is tearin up sh.t

Metallica0688 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Ya there is two 7th round picks a's well
    Yes two 7th rd picks and we will be receiving 2 comp picks for the draft to for the losses of Bush and Samson or Campbell too .

Godinez84 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRaider21 View Post
    Raiders look like they will be picking top 5 in this years draft, and we have lots of holes to fill this off-season on offense and defense. I know we need a QB for the future since Palmer getting up in age and wont be around forever. Im not sold on Barkley or Geno and I think both will be average QB's in the NFL, it would suck to waste top 5 pick on a QB who might be average. IMO i think we should trade the our high draft pick to acquire more picks and maybe trade DMac.

DMac is not worth 1st rd pick due to injuries he constantly gets, maybe we can get a late second rounder and a 5th rounder. Its easy to finds RB's especially if we stick with the ZBS.

Team Needs: DT, DE, OG, OT, OLB, MLB, TE, WR, CB, FS, SS, and QB

What do you guys think?
    Trade Mcfadden?? no
    and for needs you pretty much put they whole team besides our Kickers....

MaxxxPayne is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Star Lotulelei and Big John Hankins have had good seasons the past two years. If one is available, I say take them; otherwise trade down.

If we move to a 3-4 (which I'm praying for) we will need to sign/pick quite a few big d-lineman.

All-Pro
    I would like to see Houston and Shaunessy/Carter play inside. Just need a NT.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information