Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: "It was apparent that the Raiders' coaching staff was out of its league."

Hall of Famer

"It was apparent that the Raiders' coaching staff was out of its league."

By Mike Preston The Baltimore Sun

7:53 a.m. EST, November 12, 2012

Initially, I had problems with the Ravens running a fake field goal and Sam Koch scoring a touchdown. The score was already 41-17 with 9:20 left in the third quarter, and the Oakland Raiders had no chance of catching up.

But once Jacoby Jones ran 105 yards on a kickoff return for a touchdown with 12:34 left in the game, I felt no compassion for Oakland. At that point, the Ravens had to virtually take a knee to not score in the game. On Jones' run, the lead blocker ran through the hole untouched and didn't block anyone.

I have sympathy for a losing team that is coached, trying and is just having bad day. But the Raiders were truly pathetic and had no clue what it takes to win games in the NFL. Once Ravens coach John Harbaugh explained why he ran the fake field goal, that the Raiders overloaded with eight players to one side, it made sense.

I suggest if the Raiders want to avoid more debacles like Sunday and last week against Tampa Bay, they get better coaching. It was apparent that the Raiders' coaching staff was out of its league.

This is getting sad to a point that I dont even want the Raiders to win for me, the fans, the organization. I want them to win for the players. They trained their whole life to get to this point and now risk their health every week for games where the odds are stacked against them. They deserve better, they deserve a coaching staff that is capable of analyzing, planning, and being competitive in this league. We clearly do not have the right teachers in place. Its sad because we did have the right teachers a year ago and although firing Hue was the right move it was the wrong move to fire the whole coaching staff.

If this keeps up and everyone knows that we are just getting out coached in every game then I would not be surprised if Dennis Allen was let go by the end of the year. Its too hard to build off of something you have no idea what the foundation is. Just scrap it and start over.
    HBD, Andrew Evenstar and GdaMac like this.

Hall of Famer
    What's scarey is, these are McKenzie's choices. These are his picks. This was his first, and most important decisions as GM. And right now, I would take the bedn'breakfast over Tarver/Knapp/Allen

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    What's scarey is, these are McKenzie's choices. These are his picks. This was his first, and most important decisions as GM. And right now, I would take the bedn'breakfast over Tarver/Knapp/Allen
    What's scary is, McKenzie only chose DA.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by foodisgood70 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    What's scary is, McKenzie only chose DA.
    What's more scary is that you believe that.
    HBD, D-Tre, InfaRaider and 1 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeinrichmond View Post
    I just hope the Raiders win a superbowl before the return of Jesus. All I can do is hope.
    "Davis was one of the greatest coaches I have ever observed... A truly great coach. Had he remained in coaching, he would be considered one of the greatest of all time". - Bill Walsh

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

But, but, but it was because we have no talent guys! Lmao!
    mike taylor likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider_Len View Post
    What's more scary is that you believe that.
    What's scary is I recall someone on here saying McKenzie wasn't too high on the ZBS. So I guess to me it's scary that our GM who apparently chose Knapp wasn't to high on his system to begin with. Either that or he just let DA choose his own staff like he said.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    But, but, but it was because we have no talent guys! Lmao!
    You're right! Our roster is filled with pro bowlers and Mike Preston is the end all be all on football!!! See how easy it is to be a jackass but provide no facts??

Chairman of the Board
    Hey AL 9000, just curious why all of a sudden you believe what some sportswriter says about this team? I think this staff is struggling, but to say they are in over their head is a bit absurd. These coaches didn't just start coaching this season, and many of them have been in the NFL a while. When you have a team that can't seem to get out of its way there's enough blame to go around some coaching, some players, but to throw the staff under the bus and give players a pass for that display yesterday is wrong for a variety of reasons. I'm sure McKenzie and Davis will evaluate everything and make the necessary changes with personnel and staff...
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by foodisgood70 View Post
    What's scary is I recall someone on here saying McKenzie wasn't too high on the ZBS. So I guess to me it's scary that our GM who apparently chose Knapp wasn't to high on his system to begin with. Either that or he just let DA choose his own staff like he said.
    I believe it's a little of both. Hell any GM would do things completely different than Davis, because that was a huge part of the problem with this franchise for sometime now. I think RM is smart enough to realize there are some changes that have to happen, but I also think if he starts micro managing that will be even worse.
    R8RFOX, Oakland3:16 and rhumbob like this.

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Kakish is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    This may be true...right now. Though with experience comes knowledge. This is a rookie HC with a rookie DC. DA has made mistakes this year and Tarver probably has as well, though these are mistakes that they need to learn from. And if these coaches can learn from there mistakes and in result correct them in the future. We can be something special. We have definitely already seen flashes...
    HITMAN and rhumbob like this.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    Hey AL 9000, just curious why all of a sudden you believe what some sportswriter says about this team? I think this staff is struggling, but to say they are in over their head is a bit absurd. These coaches didn't just start coaching this season, and many of them have been in the NFL a while. When you have a team that can't seem to get out of its way there's enough blame to go around some coaching, some players, but to throw the staff under the bus and give players a pass for that display yesterday is wrong for a variety of reasons. I'm sure McKenzie and Davis will evaluate everything and make the necessary changes with personnel and staff...
    Your question makes absolutely no sense dude. You're asking me why I believe that someone thinks the Raiders coaches have no clue what they're doing?! lol! Really?! A sports writer for another team wrote an article about how he believes the Raiders coaches don't know what they're doing. How does that have anything to do with me?! You think that writer is lying about what he thinks about our coaches?! I'm confused.

Chairman of the Board
    I'm confused.
    Exactly and I agree...
    Oakland3:16 likes this.

losdogdagreat is online now Limited Membership
    Veteran

The real question is...how's everyone going to feel when we're 10-6!

Chairman of the Board
    I'm confused.
    Exactly... at least we agree on something

Kakish is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by losdogdagreat View Post
    The real question is...how's everyone going to feel when we're 10-6!
    I'm honestly expecting 3 more wins...our schedule isn't too hard the rest of the season.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information