Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: "It was apparent that the Raiders' coaching staff was out of its league."

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTWINBABY9111 View Post
    The whole team is filled with failed "signings."

Any line up that has failed to make the play-offs every season since 2003 is a failed signing.

Let RM at least have one. Ok? A good OL works in unison, how do you know he will fail when the OL is "complete." That's right, you don't know. You base everything off of 9 games. Soon to be one complete season. If he is in fact a failed signing, being a backup on the Texans, I would not be surprised. He made an effort to sign a guy that wasn't 10-15 million a year to make a difference, and a lot had to do with Knapp. Maybe he doesn't take Knapp's word again. Maybe Knapp works at McDonald's by February? It's not whether or not RM failed in hiring Allen, it's what happens after their mistakes. Does he respond quickly? Does he make it right? Nobody knows, but they are quick to post like women on their cycle after a loss.
    as opposed to you who is posting like a man on your Harley?

pop8181 is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakish View Post
    I'm honestly expecting 3 more wins...our schedule isn't too hard the rest of the season.
    maybe 3 games the way they played sunday we win no more games hope i'm wrong

JUSTWINBABY9111 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by reapersgt View Post
    as opposed to you who is posting like a man on your Harley?
    Straight whining with limited facts is weak. It's just venting. If we are 6-3 at this point next year the same people will be praising. It's a wait a see approach, especially with the DMC down again. Unless one MAN wants to say we could win with DMC out. I don't care if you you wanna whine like a bitch with no NFL expertise. I don't care at all, feel free.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTWINBABY9111 View Post
    Straight whining with limited facts is weak. It's just venting. If we are 6-3 at this point next year the same people will be praising. It's a wait a see approach, especially with the DMC down again. Unless one MAN wants to say we could win with DMC out. I don't care if you you wanna whine like a bitch with no NFL expertise. I don't care at all, feel free.
    I really love when people say things like this.
    I want to ask you something, where did you get your NFL expertise? When I went to school sadly NFL 101 wasn't available. So since I had to pick my NFL knowledge up off the street I look at it like this...if it looks like S***, smells like S****, it's probably S****.

I love how people have this mindset...it's ok that we can't compete at an NFL level, we're rebuilding. Personally I wasn't expecting even a 6 win season, but I did think we would compete.

COMPETE: to contend (against) for profit, an award, athletic supremacy, etc.; engage in a contest (with)
    [from Late Latin competere to strive together, from Latin: to meet, come together, agree, from com- together + petere to seek]

Can you honestly say that you if you were giving a report card to the coaching staff you would give any of them a passing grade? Or would you give them excuses?

Let's look at rebuilding for a second...
    Holmgren went to Cleveland a few years ago, kept talking about patience...
    Parcells in Miami...they did go to the playoffs once i guess
    there's so many examples of "rebuilding" not working I'm tired of hearing wait 3 years and then we will judge. Can you say for certian where you are going to be in your life in 3 years? 3 years is a long a** time homeboy.

about people whining about it on the computer. Don't talk down to people and try to be an internet tough guy. Obviously we are all on an internet message board dedicated to the raiders. Some people like to vent about how bad things are and some people like to tell people (mostly themselves) that it will all be ok. The problem lies in this...

You are on a message board dedicated to the Raiders whining about how people are whining about the raiders.
    So you are doing the exact same thing that the people who are whining about the raiders, only you are not keeping it relevant to the forum.
    Then here comes the funny part...you're an elitist about it. You are acting like you are the absolute coolest guy to be on a message board.

well here's to you

PS sorry if people were venting on an intenet message board...where would you allow them to vent your awesomeness?
    UptownXguy3 likes this.

mike taylor is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenRaider View Post
    I guess bad coaching made our 4 million a year right guard commit 4 drive killing penalties in the first half. And when we finally got a little momentum, they told Philip Adams to fumble a punt. Stupid Coaches
    actually yes!
    UptownXguy3 and reapersgt like this.

I can understand why people are questioning DA and the rest of the coaching staff.

It's as clear as day that they're struggling at the moment.

I hope they can turn it around but I must admit that I'm questioning some of the decisions that have/are being made with this team.

I didn't expect much this season but it's painful to watch us play like we did against an overrated Ravens team with some of it's better/higher profile players out injured.
    mike taylor likes this.

Kakish is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    I want to try something:
    This may be true...right now. Though with experience comes knowledge. HUE JACKSON is a rookie head coach. HUE JACKSON has made mistakes this year though these are mistakes that HE needs to learn from. And if HUE JACKSON can learn from HIS mistakes and in result correct them in the future. We can be something special. We have definitely already seen flashes...

this very well could have been said last year, but nobody wanted to hear that. Now we have a new guy, and this has been the constant excuse.
    Hue was a rookie HC but he already had a previous year with the organization and he ran the same offense. Essentially it was the same position with a different title as he didn't even touch the defense as that was Davis's project. Being the HC for the Raider probably wasn't much different then being the OC when Davis was alive. When Hue was handed more responsibility toward the end of the season he didn't fare to well.

The fact is Hue isn't in the position DA is. DA never had an experience with this team as Hue did. He has a rookie GM who was forced to tear down the roster and was left with no draft picks because of David and Hue. Not to mention injuries to both starting CB's which was already our weakest position.

Hue might of been able to have this team playing better right now and maybe we would of won one or two more games. Though if Reggie doesn't think Hue can bring us a Superbowl why waste a year with him just for the sake of being a game or two better?
    Mytruckhercar likes this.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    So what you're saying is that you expect someone to say to the media, "yeah the going got tough we were out of the game, and it didn't really seem worth it to try?"
    Then why say anything? If the team did in fact quit, I highly doubt that he makes a comment such as the one he made. Keep trying, I'm sure you will find something that suits your hate agenda. Just sad that you need to do it on a team you cheer for.

kultan is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Mike Preston?

Most RAvens in Baltimore don't pay him any mind. That's the same guy who's been ripping ED REED for years while talking down Ray Lewis during that time. His calling card to me is being the news not just reporting to I take what he says with a shaker of salt not a grain.

Baltimore at home is tough. Still they lost 43-13 against the Texans THIS YEAR. I guess that their coaches were "out of their league" that game also. Aquan Boldin, Ray Rice and Flacco couldn't crack 14 points! We scored more than they did against the Texans on Sunday!

Mike is a provacateour. It's his calling card. If you lived in MD you'd know that from his articles or his radio appearances.

Still that was a poor showing for EVERYONE involved.
    Last edited by kultan; 11-13-2012 at 08:53 AM.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenRaider View Post
    I guess bad coaching made our 4 million a year right guard commit 4 drive killing penalties in the first half. And when we finally got a little momentum, they told Philip Adams to fumble a punt. Stupid Coaches
    I think you proved a point you didn't mean to prove. What coaches brought in those two bums and actually gave one a 20 million dollar contract?! Yeah...
    Naphtali likes this.

statsguy is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by lix333 View Post
    By Mike Preston The Baltimore Sun

7:53 a.m. EST, November 12, 2012

Initially, I had problems with the Ravens running a fake field goal and Sam Koch scoring a touchdown. The score was already 41-17 with 9:20 left in the third quarter, and the Oakland Raiders had no chance of catching up.

But once Jacoby Jones ran 105 yards on a kickoff return for a touchdown with 12:34 left in the game, I felt no compassion for Oakland. At that point, the Ravens had to virtually take a knee to not score in the game. On Jones' run, the lead blocker ran through the hole untouched and didn't block anyone.

I have sympathy for a losing team that is coached, trying and is just having bad day. But the Raiders were truly pathetic and had no clue what it takes to win games in the NFL. Once Ravens coach John Harbaugh explained why he ran the fake field goal, that the Raiders overloaded with eight players to one side, it made sense.

I suggest if the Raiders want to avoid more debacles like Sunday and last week against Tampa Bay, they get better coaching. It was apparent that the Raiders' coaching staff was out of its league.
    That's the same formation they had on the game losing FG against Atlanta, and I thought it was odd then as well. On those long FG's you want pressure up the middle forcing the kicker to kick the ball high to avoid a block, many times forcing the ball to fall short of the posts. Instead the Raiders brought little to no pressure up the middle, and the Atlanta kicker had plenty of distance on the kick and then some. Special teams coaching has definitely been questionable.

Hall of Famer
    Man this team has everyone at each other's throats. Guess that's what losing does

I don't think anyone except the people in that organization know what is really going on. We can speculate all we want but at the end of the day, what do we have? A bunch of guesses

There's no reason to think that any of our guesses are better than someone else's. And please stop bringing up Hue Jackson. He's not here anymore and not even a coordinator in the league.

What do we know? The offense is putrid without Palmer. DMC is having issues physically and looks awful in this system. The defense is almost as bad as it was last year even though we have a new DC and essentially the same core of players. We've also seen flashes of brilliance when this team can actually play as a unit but are so inconsistent it doesn't matter because they lose so badly when they play good teams but play down to the level of bad teams.

Special Teams has got to be one of the worst ones I've seen in a long time. DA can spout all the nonsense he wants but the results on the field are clear. These guys don't have a clue what they're doing.

The one thing that this team has been missing for so long is playing as a unit. Playing together and playing for each other. I see other teams and they have it. The Raiders haven't had it since Gannon was in the SB. I thought DA could come in and be a leader and get these guys to play for each other but he looks like the same old tired coaches that haven't done jack. It doesn't matter if we have the entire Pro Bowl squad here, if they can't play as a team then they'll lose.

A HC only has a certain amount of time to convince people he's the right guy for the job. DA may have a longer leash this year than next year but from what I've seen, he hasn't done a whole lot to convince anyone other than he's just as good as Turner, Kiffin, Cable and Hue. I hope he has some sort clock in his head that puts him in a sense of urgency soon

Pledge is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefhater View Post
    Is everyone in Baltimore a ****y jerk?
    My thoughts exactly. Won't begrudge Harbaugh getting greedy and calling that fake. These are professional athletes after all. But Mike Preston can choke on a t___d!

Hall of Famer
    I really love when people say things like this.
    I want to ask you something, where did you get your NFL expertise? When I went to school sadly NFL 101 wasn't available. So since I had to pick my NFL knowledge up off the street I look at it like this...if it looks like S***, smells like S****, it's probably S****.

I love how people have this mindset...it's ok that we can't compete at an NFL level, we're rebuilding. Personally I wasn't expecting even a 6 win season, but I did think we would compete.

COMPETE: to contend (against) for profit, an award, athletic supremacy, etc.; engage in a contest (with)
    [from Late Latin competere to strive together, from Latin: to meet, come together, agree, from com- together + petere to seek]

Can you honestly say that you if you were giving a report card to the coaching staff you would give any of them a passing grade? Or would you give them excuses?

Let's look at rebuilding for a second...
    Holmgren went to Cleveland a few years ago, kept talking about patience...
    Parcells in Miami...they did go to the playoffs once i guess
    there's so many examples of "rebuilding" not working I'm tired of hearing wait 3 years and then we will judge. Can you say for certian where you are going to be in your life in 3 years? 3 years is a long a** time homeboy.

about people whining about it on the computer. Don't talk down to people and try to be an internet tough guy. Obviously we are all on an internet message board dedicated to the raiders. Some people like to vent about how bad things are and some people like to tell people (mostly themselves) that it will all be ok. The problem lies in this...

You are on a message board dedicated to the Raiders whining about how people are whining about the raiders.
    So you are doing the exact same thing that the people who are whining about the raiders, only you are not keeping it relevant to the forum.
    Then here comes the funny part...you're an elitist about it. You are acting like you are the absolute coolest guy to be on a message board.

well here's to you

PS sorry if people were venting on an intenet message board...where would you allow them to vent your awesomeness?
    Amen! All this talk of rebuilding into a winner, is just a hope and a prayer,the coaching staff looks clueless there is no way at this point DA and his staff make it to year 3 on the path their on. RM gets a pass from me as his job is much more difficult and takes multiple off seasons to set things right. If the plan was really to rebuild maybe he should have got a more proven HC, losing will is looking real bad on DA, as a rookie he willnot be given the latitude a more experienced coach would. The pressure for him to prove himself is immense.
    raidernationbmw likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by losdogdagreat View Post
    The real question is...how's everyone going to feel when we're 10-6!
    love this...
    cheerfully laughed, not painfully...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information