Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: One Question for Everyone?

Hall of Famer

One Simple Question for Everyone?

I think there is one very simple question that we all need to ask.

Did our GM make our team BETTER in the off season? I say NO

I think our rookie GM was more focused with the changing of the coaching staff and making it his team then improving the team for the fans.

I'm NOT buying the players ALL suck excuse....that is the weakest excuse there is especially after this team won 8 games with primarly the same players.

And even if you buy into the "players all suck" argument then....what did our GM do to make the team better in the off season?

Oh and STOP blaming Al Davis that is a total joke when you come in and clean out his WHOLE coaching staff!

Musiqmix is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro

One Question for Everyone?

No we have regressed. Wether that means success in the future by losing now, remains to be seen. I understand the major problems Reggie and Allen inherited but there has been some questionable decisions made about this team and overall lack of improvement or even decent play out of this team. Is it the players? The coaches? Or is it Reggie and Allen? Who knows at this point.
    Chiefhater and Ro_34 like this.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by twoutrally View Post

I think our rookie GM was more focused with the changing of the coaching staff and making it his team then improving the team for the fans.

I'm NOT buying the players ALL suck excuse....that is the weakest excuse there is especially after this team won 8 games with primarly the same players.

And even if you buy into the "players all suck" argument then....what did our GM do to make the team better in the off season?

Oh and STOP blaming Al Davis that is a total joke when you come in and clean out his WHOLE coaching staff!
    what could he have done player wise? If you don't like the coaching hires ok, that's a fair opinion. But more of his personnel moves have worked than not. We didn't let go of a single player who is doing anything now. Routt and Wimbley have been terrible all year, Bush has been mediocre in Chi. JC got his first PT. I think Sataele has been the best player we let go so far (maybe I'm wrong but isn't Sataele starting for the Colts?). So we didn't lose ANY players that would help us.

Some of the players we brought in or drafted have been good for us.
    Wheeler has been a very good pickup thus far. Burris and Criner have been good draft picks. Streeter was found after the draft. Thats pretty good stuff right there.

He didn't have the cap room to add depth or more quality starters. Sorry but I think RM thus far has done a bang up job. No the results haven't been good on the field but they are the same results we saw last year when players got hurt. We haven't been healthy this year and have lost just like last year.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    what could he have done player wise? If you don't like the coaching hires ok, that's a fair opinion. But more of his personnel moves have worked than not. We didn't let go of a single player who is doing anything now. Routt and Wimbley have been terrible all year, Bush has been mediocre in Chi. JC got his first PT. I think Sataele has been the best player we let go so far (maybe I'm wrong but isn't Sataele starting for the Colts?). So we didn't lose ANY players that would help us.

Some of the players we brought in or drafted have been good for us.
    Wheeler has been a very good pickup thus far. Burris and Criner have been good draft picks. Streeter was found after the draft. Thats pretty good stuff right there.

He didn't have the cap room to add depth or more quality starters. Sorry but I think RM thus far has done a bang up job. No the results haven't been good on the field but they are the same results we saw last year when players got hurt. We haven't been healthy this year and have lost just like last year.
    What are you talking about? We were .500 last year fighting for the division title and a spot in the playoffs. How in the world is this year the same?
    Ro_34 and biglizardone like this.

Hall of Famer

Ok, first of all, yes we did regress. However, this was needed in order to get us into a better cap situation for the future. If you don't want to buy into the fact that we don't have very many good players you don't have to. But how do you explain that we get rid of some of our highest paid key players and they go elsewhere and do nothing?? I mean damn, routt got straight cut bro. You can live in your fantasy world that the Raiders were on the verge of greatness last year, but I'm fine living in the real world.

StickShift is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    What are you talking about? We were .500 last year fighting for the division title and a spot in the playoffs. How in the world is this year the same?
    Is finishing the season 1-4 considered fighting? Just curious.
    crizpynutz likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by foodisgood70 View Post

Ok, first of all, yes we did regress. However, this was needed in order to get us into a better cap situation for the future. If you don't want to buy into the fact that we don't have very many good players you don't have to. But how do you explain that we get rid of some of our highest paid key players and they go elsewhere and do nothing?? I mean damn, routt got straight cut bro. You can live in your fantasy world that the Raiders were on the verge of greatness last year, but I'm fine living in the real world.
    Please explain how we won 8 games last year? Was it just luck?
    Ro_34 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by StickShift View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    8 wins is 8 wins!

Hall of Famer
    I suppose if you views the losses in a vacuum, that would make your question relevant.

Dark Gable and AL 9000 like this.

Reno825 is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    WOW! WTF Did u ppl expect 16-0?? Now I know we haven't looked good but WE ALL knew with a new era it was going to take time to get it right & anyone that wasnt thinking that was the Joke! not this team! There is a easy solution to 4 everyone that's B****ing Find a NEW TEAM! IF YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY THE RAIDERS ARE DOING THINGS U DONT HAVE 2 BE A FAN!! There are 31 other teams pick one! quit ruining this team/boards 4 ppl who care!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Reno825 View Post
    WOW! WTF Did u ppl expect 16-0?? Now I know we haven't looked good but WE ALL knew with a new era it was going to take time to get it right & anyone that wasnt thinking that was the Joke! not this team! There is a easy solution to 4 everyone that's B****ing Find a NEW TEAM! IF YOU DONT LIKE THE WAY THE RAIDERS ARE DOING THINGS U DONT HAVE 2 BE A FAN!! There are 31 other teams pick one! quit ruining this team/boards 4 ppl who care!
    Just pathetic to defend this crappy team this year. No one is saying 16-0 how about 8 friggin wins and being competitive?

Hall of Famer
    Please explain how we won 8 games last year? Was it just luck?
    A **** division and playing bad teams or teams with key injuries.
    EmeraldCityR8r likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Reno825 View Post
    You do realize this is a forum to discuss the Raiders right? It's where fans come to discuss everything relating to the team good and bad. So if a fan is displeased with certain aspects of the team, they can go find another team to root for? Ehhhh? How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

StickShift is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    8 wins is 8 wins!
    So 8 wins is now the standard for greatness?
    HITMAN, Hownd, RaiderXLeo and 1 others like this.

Hall of Famer
    So 8 wins is now the standard for greatness?
    As opposed to.....this year? Yes, that would make that statement correct.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information