Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: One Question for Everyone?

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by twoutrally View Post
    It's the GM's job to bring in talent and assemble a solid coaching staff. In my opinion our GM has done neither!

We are the laughing stock of the league with the worst defense EVER and you have to hold the GM who came in and cleaned out the entire coaching staff and brought in his players accountable!

It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out our teams needs from last year and it wasn't cleaning out the entire coaching staff!

No one expected us to be the laughing stock of the league this year...no one!
    well no one in the Raiders fan base that's for sure. But we were picked to finish last or 3rd in the division by many in the media.

As for the GM bringing in talent I fully expect RM to do just that over the next few years. I do NOT however get upset with anything he has done thus far. In fact I like what RM has done overall. Letting go of Routt and Wimbley has turned out to be outstanding choices and got rid of two huge contracts for players who have been terrible this year. Brining in Wheeler and Streeter and drafting Burris and Criner looks good so far. Now Briesel and Tollefson have not worked out and bartell and Spencer have both been hurt so RM has missed on some. But with not having a draft pick until the end of rd 3 and having the cap issues we had I have absolutely no issues with any of RMs moves thus far.

And I don't think we have been the laughing stock of the league by any means. Yea this week we are as that was a truly embarrassing game yesterday but that hasn't been every week. Just like last year ( and the last 10 years) we have some good games, some bad games and games like yesterday.

last years team finished 4-6 the last 10 games. At worst this years team is one game off of that and at best we match it. And our offense is only scoring one fewer point per game this year then they did last year.
    HITMAN and speedkills like this.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by trur8r View Post
    No draft picks and no cap space, how do you improve a team like that?
    According to some you fire the GM and head coach after the year... sounds like another person's MO the last 25 years. There wasn't much success with that formula. Just my opinion...
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosttothepost View Post
    No the GM did not make us better over the offseason.

No GM should be judged after a single offseason especially one in which his hands were largely tied by the cap and lack of picks.

You are right Reggie put his guys in there.

We changed the offensive philosophy drastically. The result is a non existent run game. This has not served us well. I thought they should leave the offense alone because it was working. Dennis Allen hired Knapp which meant ZBS and WCO. This to me is the big mistake made by the team this year. Running a system that is different from the players skillset. The offense was productive last year and i felt it wasn't broken so don't fix it. Now we have a broken offense and a broken defense
    plus an offense that leaves our weakest link (defense) out on the field longer.

The defense was broken last year and has been garbage for years. There is so little talent and lack of depth we should all have known it would take years to fix it. It is my opinion we should have rebuilt the D which happens to be DA's specialty first.

I don't dislike the moves reggie made in the offseason. He has to look to the future and there is a lot to be done. Right now its the long suffering fans who are the victims of a change of the guard. This year shows there are a lot of players on both sides of the ball that have no future in Oakland.

many of us (myself included) are not prepared to be bottom feeders again but Oakland right now is a joke. I think we would have been more competitive this year if we could have gotten saunders to run our offense and not hired Knapp. This was DA's move. to me it was a big mistake because even though we are building to the future a head coach has a responsibility to put a competitive team on the field every year. We competed last year and had a shot at the division crown all the way until the 4th quarter of the final game. This year we are competing for a top five draft pick. DA's first year as head coach looks to be a failure.

i think the question at this point going forward is can DA get the team competing again? Will we show a pulse as we move into the second half of the season? it would be a good sign if we could win 3 games or so to close out the season. I want DA to show he can handle this situatiuon and keep the players from mailing it in. Some adjustments in how we are attacking other teams would be nice. i still believe we can compete on the offensive side of the ball so lets control the clock and stay in the game. I expect DA to be here for at least 2 more years and you should hope so too imo. This team has to stabilize in order for the ship to be righted. Knapp is another story as far as i'm concerned his head can roll for this season. he's made to order for the part as he was trying to pound a square peg into a round hole but i think labeling him as a fall guy is a little too kind as i just don't think he's a very good playcaller.
    Sea Of Hands thinks Ghost To The Post knows what he is talking about. Where's the Holy Roller when you need him???
    Jimi18 likes this.
    "The Media hated Davis because he kept his mouth shut when it counted and didn't bend over to their tactics. Most NFL owners hated Davis because he was a 'them', having worked his way up, and also because he had no problem hiring minorities when no one else would. You can only have so many people saying bad things about you before the sheep believe it...And now, the sheep don't even know why they hate the Raiders, it's just always been that way..." - Sir Pig

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014
    Raiderfans.net
    Site Sponsor

Chairman of the Board
    what was the question again??
    * The Proceeding Link is not affiliated with this site nor the provider. Listed for Information purposes only!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by trur8r View Post
    No draft picks and no cap space, how do you improve a team like that?
    If you want to instill confidence in your program you at the very least do not destroy what was working before with the same personnel. Everyone understands sometimes having to take one step back but taking 3, 4 or 5 steps back when you don't have to points to just being lost.
    Idaho Raider likes this.

Polo24/7 is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    way too early to answer, first of all Reggie had to clean up the cap space. now we have to wait a few years to rebuild with good young draft picks and free agent. it will only get better.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber24 View Post
    And yet we had a chance to win the game last week vs TB. Yes our D sucks... You didn't realize this coming into the season? did you sleep through last season?

And again you are making all your comments based on 1 game. Yes it is drama when you say "week in and week out we suck" when the truth is we have been competitive in most of our games. We were one play away from winning 3 different games. This team isn't a very good team for sure, and the last two weeks the D has really been bad but don't act like we give up 55 points every week.
    After this upcoming game it might start to feel like we DO give up 55 points every week. You can single out folks for 'drama' if that makes you feel calm in comparison but the fact is what's happening right now especially on D is not OK by any stretch of the imagination. Even trying to be charitable to a 'rebuilding' club etc.. There's rebuilding, there's bad and then there's laughing stock bad.

For Christmas I would ask the baby Jesus to grant us that at the end of the year at least don't let us be a league wide laughing stock.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HITMAN View Post
    According to some you fire the GM and head coach after the year... sounds like another person's MO the last 25 years. There wasn't much success with that formula. Just my opinion...
    No...not right. Unlike you and a few others. We are holding our new GM accountable for making this team the laughing stock of the league so far.

Let's hope he can redeem himself in the future!
    Idaho Raider likes this.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jave View Post
    I suppose if you views the losses in a vacuum, that would make your question relevant.

that should shut those two up for the rest of the year.

Hall of Famer
    I am voicing my opinion. You can believe what you want.
    You're not just voicing your opinion when you speak for others....just sayin.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by foodisgood70 View Post
    I am voicing my opinion. You can believe what you want.
    You're not just voicing your opinion when you speak for others....just sayin.
    There are lots of different opinions. Do you think our GM has improved this team? What's yours?

Hall of Famer
    No...not right. Unlike you and a few others. We are holding our new GM accountable for making this team the laughing stock of the league so far.
    Nobody said that this thing would be turned around in a year but most did say that it would take a few years to get on the right track. I'm shocked at how many people seem to ignore this. The Raiders will likely suck for this year and next so get used to it.
    Lakim likes this.

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    Don't you know?! They brought in tons of talent because Reggie is really good at sniffing out talented football players at discounted prices. You know, talented players like Brandon Underwood, Ron Bartel, Mike Brisiel, Shawntae Spencer, Pat Lee, Mike Goodson, Coye Francies, Phillip Adams, Willie Smith, Joselio Hanson, Brandian Ross, etc. Much better than the Al Davis trash right?! lmao!
    actually yes it is...one guy paid for trash and knew he was gettig trash because thats all he can afford...the other guy paid for diamonds and got turds...lmao rofl lol giggle!!!!!!get off Als (rip) dead nuts

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SLVR and Black View Post
    Nobody said that this thing would be turned around in a year but most did say that it would take a few years to get on the right track. I'm shocked at how many people seem to ignore this. The Raiders will likely suck for this year and next so get used to it.
    What has he done so far to lead you or anyone else to believe that things will be better in a couple of years? Sounds like a common theme excuse for more time to be crappy to me. I am deeply concerned about the future of the Raiders.
    SoCalR8r likes this.

coogi is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by gil03 View Post
    I like how you make it seem that we're the only team that has injured players, Truth is every team does. If you wanna play the should've could've game then you could say we could easily be a 1 win team right now since KC is the only team we've decisively beaten.
    were arent the only team with injuries..we are however one of the very few teams who have drafted badly and overpaid mediocre players for years and years...this has left us with overpaid starters who arent very good and backups who are really practice squad camp fodder..do you honestly think giordano would be starting as many games as he has here with any other team???how about wille smith??

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information