Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Terrelle Pryor

Phi
    Phi is offline Limited Membership
    Starter

Terrelle Pryor

I understand Carson has been a big reason why we've been able to compete offensively this year and I'm not one who's going to say it's time to start Pryor...
    but, why waste the talent Pryor has on the sideline?

I wonder if any other team would do what the Raiders are doing this year with Pryor.

Why not try him in some packages. I mean would today's game not be time to try, since we have our top 2 RB's out?

I still feel like the coaching staff is unable to make the most out of the talent that the team has.

BigPrimo is offline Banned
    All-Pro
    Id rather lose seeing what Pryor can do. No reason to play Palmer anymore.

chudezee is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPrimo View Post
    Id rather lose seeing what Pryor can do. No reason to play Palmer anymore.
    Knock it off... Pryor isn't a QB and never will be. Pocket Qb's do not win in this league, all Cam Newton's RG3's and michael vicks are just for stats. Name me 1 scrambler that's won a SB, just 1
    OTF, djh_raider, tega234 and 1 others like this.

Phi
    Phi is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by chudezee View Post
    Knock it off... Pryor isn't a QB and never will be. Pocket Qb's win in this league, all Cam Newton's RG3's and michael vicks are just for stats.
    I personally don't think it's time to start Pryor. Why leave him on the sideline, why not bring him in for a play or two?

illun is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    Your' wasting more talent with Palmer on the side line. If there is a silver lining in this garbage ass season for me, it's that if we can get some more talent around Palmer, and some more help with the play calling, Palmer could make the pro bowl next year.

Hall of Famer
    I'd be all for putting him or Leinart in now. What is the point of getting Palmer hurt in a blowout loss.

illun is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Name me 1 scrambler that's won a SB, just 1
    I don't think we should start Pryor, but I'll take you up on your' challenge. Steve Young
    Eastbay bombero likes this.

All-Pro
    Knock it off... Pryor isn't a QB and never will be. Pocket Qb's do not win in this league, all Cam Newton's RG3's and michael vicks are just for stats. Name me 1 scrambler that's won a SB, just 1
    This is perfectly fine but my point still stands...we arnt winning with Palmer so why not see what he can do good or bad?

pigspigs76 is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    funny... i was about to make a thread with the exact same title a few mins ago LOL

It's pretty evident this season is over.... as far as I am concerned it was over before the season started but at least there was hope before having stumbled onto the field

Palmer is a decent QB.... but were never going to win a playoff game with him (perhaps never even break .500)

At the very least we could see what we have in Pryor and draft accordingly moving forward

chudezee is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by illun View Post
    I don't think we should start Pryor, but I'll take you up on your' challenge. Steve Young
    Your wrong.... They made him change from a scrambler to a pocket QB and that's when they won the SB!

SF_Raider_Fan is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    An astounding number of people on this board, even though they have never seen Pryor play, don't think he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    I understand Carson has been a big reason why we've been able to compete offensively this year and I'm not one who's going to say it's time to start Pryor...

I wonder if any other team would do what the Raiders are doing this year with Pryor.

Why not try him in some packages. I mean would today's game not be time to try, since we have our top 2 RB's out?

I still feel like the coaching staff is unable to make the most out of the talent that the team has.

NoClapsPlease is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Your wrong.... They made him change from a scrambler to a pocket QB and that's when they won the SB!
    wrong.

the argument is stupid anyway since palmer hasnt won a SB or a playoff game for that matter.

Sledgehammer is offline Banned
    Pro Bowler
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, let's bench the only Offense Oakland has in Palmer....
    mike taylor likes this.

raiderash is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    In my humble opinion, I have not seen anything out of Pryor to suggest that he is an NFL-level quarterback. I would much rather have Tim Tebow than Pryor, because if you are gonna compare what each one did in College, Tebow absolutely blows him away. I think Palmer is improving at quarterback...most good quarterbacks have their best years after 10 years of experience (ex: Rich Gannon, Elway, even Manning). Anyway, I think Palmer at quarterback gives the Raiders the best chance to win, not just now, but even for the next 3-4 years. And if the offense can stay in the same system for a couple of years, not necessarily this one (let's hope), then all those interceptions we see where Palmer and his receivers are not on the same page in terms of adjusting on the fly, will turn into receptions and big plays.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderash View Post
    In my humble opinion, I have not seen anything out of Pryor to suggest that he is an NFL-level quarterback. I would much rather have Tim Tebow than Pryor, because if you are gonna compare what each one did in College, Tebow absolutely blows him away. I think Palmer is improving at quarterback...most good quarterbacks have their best years after 10 years of experience (ex: Rich Gannon, Elway, even Manning). Anyway, I think Palmer at quarterback gives the Raiders the best chance to win, not just now, but even for the next 3-4 years. And if the offense can stay in the same system for a couple of years, not necessarily this one (let's hope), then all those interceptions we see where Palmer and his receivers are not on the same page in terms of adjusting on the fly, will turn into receptions and big plays.
    Im done...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information