Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree202Likes

Thread: Can we all agree now

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM View Post
    Dont get me wrong im not saying alot of this sh1t isnt on the coaches. What im saying is that when you have been a crap team for years you dont get to be really picky with hiring coaches.
    8-8 is not a crap team. Its an Avg. team. We were avg 2 years in a row.

As far as coaching? Plenty of coaches go to teams that have been worse.

Sean Peyton to New Orleans. Crap team for years but what? they were a playoff team the next year.

Look at Arizona Cards, Crap team for years. Landed the coach they wanted and what??? Playoff team the next year.

So no, being a crap team for years, if you consider 8-8 crap, will not discourage anyone from coming here.

We are 3rd worst team in the league at best.

Teams are breaking records on us left and right. Today is another example. That is coaching not players. Rebuilding will start with the coaches.

MrWestGrand is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Like I said ignorant.

DSOTM is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    I guess we are just a Hue Jackson away from the playoffs then
    Rainman56 likes this.

Hall of Famer
    What you should have wrote was.

Can we all agree now that this ZBS is crap.

Darren cant run it
    Goodson is avg in it
    Reece cant run it
    Smith cant run it
    Taiwan cant run it.

Its the scheme guys.

And if you guys wanted your way, it would take more then 3 years to replace , DMac, goodson, reece, smith, taiwan jones, Cooper, Wiz, Veldeer, Barnes, Brisiel. I mention all of these guys cause every single one of them are garbage in this scheme. If we had it your way it would be a terrible idea to change the scheme which would happen in one season and instead wait 4 years to draft the players that fit this scheme just to be 8-8.

B. anthracis is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    This team is not very good and there are alot of holes that need to be filled.

We may have been 8-8 the last 2 yrs but the last time i checked 8-8 makes you average at best. Being 8-8 doesnt necessarily mean a team has turned the corner, it is just as easier to fall to below .500 than it is to get above .500.

We can blame the coaches all we want but as far as we know there might not have been any other coaches that wanted to come to Oakland. It is going to take a few years to make Oakland a attractive place for players and coaches.

Keep your head up Nation, we may have to take a few steps back before we can compete with the big boys.
    Good god. Take your mouth off the tailpipe and admit that the hiring of Dennis Allen has been a complete disaster. And yes, we were a much better team with Hue Jackson. The facts bear it out.
    Idaho Raider, Phi and AL 9000 like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ecnirp View Post
    This is the problem with making threads like this..

When you say we're just not that good...

So the 8-8 records from previous seasons were because of....better coaching (Cable/Jackson)?

Im not saying these guys are better than Allen. Just saying thats "Others" will start to imply soon...

Anyway I still believe in DA. He will turn this thing around.

sidenote: No excuse to make Joe Flacco look like f*cking Joe Montana though.
    Yep,how has our ST and run game become such a joke?It hasn,t took a slight dip its fallen into the grand canyon.

The defense is probally less talented than last year and has serious injury issues yet has at least looked semi competent a handful of games.ST has sucked Everygame as has the run game.Today we didn,t even attempt to run it.

I agree with the OP though,this team has far too many holes right now to compete with the big boys.Heck they struggle with the Dreggs of the league.Its just frustrating to watch other teams with little talent seem to get more out of it...Lots of blame/issues to go around and its gonna take more than 1 or 2 years for Reggie to straighten it out.Hopefully the staff at least shows its competent to straighten out some of the coaching liabilities and Reggie can worry about the personell.
    foodisgood70 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    This is why I have Knapps back
    No one owes woodson sh!t and I'm not sure he will ever see the HOF

TonyHighRoller is offline Banned
    Hall of Famer
    Carson Palmer is the ONLY player on our team that is playing with heart this year.
    tega234 and AL 9000 like this.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Can we all agree now

We're doomed with these clowns that Mark Davis let into the organization. I can't help but laugh hysterically at what the new regime has done the the Raiders. It's beyond pathetic.
    Idaho Raider and B. anthracis like this.

Phi
    Phi is offline Limited Membership
    Starter
    That's where you're wrong. We're Hue Jackson and the rest of last years Offensive/ST coaches away from a 8-8 season, and a DC away from the playoffs last year.
    and that's with the penalty problems last year.

This year would have been tougher since Manning is with the donkeys, so our GM was too concerned with a complete rebuild then worry about competing for the AFC West this season.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    We're doomed with these clowns that Mark Davis let into the organization. I can't help but laugh hysterically at what the new regime has done the the Raiders. It's beyond pathetic.

lol, your posts are funny!
    inphinity and heavyD like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by AL 9000 View Post
    It is pretty pathetic considering what could have been. Reggie was schooled in the Raider way. He was endorsed by Raider legends. He could have embraced that and built from there. The biggest issue with the Raiders in recent history has been there reluctance to pay a quality coaching staff and letting that coaching staff do their thing. Also, running a defense with more versatility has been killer. Reggie could have come in and groomed the offense to run the vertical stretch, brought in a staff with more experience on offense and defense and we may have looked better than this. Now we're going in a completely different direction. Dink and dunk WC offense? Dumping DBs when the defense is short-handed at that position? What the hell is going on?
    UptownXguy3 and AL 9000 like this.

Murphys Law is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    This Raiders team is total sh!t from top to bottom.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by kinz View Post
    Some things are debatable, spin on basic facts is not. We signed Brisiel to a 5 year contract with a total value of 20 mil. He got a 3.4 mil signing bonus (of which we owe him 2.8 mil after this year) and 700,000 in salary this year. I don't think he has played well, and think he should be cut. If he is cut this offseason, then he counts 2.8 mil against the cap for us. Maybe we can spread that out over 2 years if we want.

On the other hand, Seymour was costing us 15 mil EACH AND EVERY YEAR!

Distorting the truth in an obvious way to suit your purposes lessens your argument.
    Distorting the truth?
    The truth is our Oline was pretty damn good last year.
    The truth is Satelle signed 3 years for 11 million. Something we could have afforded.
    The truth is the combination of Veldeer, Wiz, Satelle, Cooper, and Barnes is 10x better then our Oline now.
    The truth is the coaching staff made the decision to change our our Olineman.
    The truth is no matter how you look at it the switch and money paid out to Brisiel, the plan is not working out.
    The truth is we could have signed Satelle had a better Oline and used the rest of the money/ more years to sign players we really need or want to keep
    Truth is Seymour went to the probowl the first few years after the trade. So even though old he is still affective.
    Truth is When Seymour got here Tommy Kelly became relevant.
    Truth is Seymour is also a mentor to our younger players
    Truth is our younger Dlineman have a promising future because of Seymours tutelage.
    Truth is those younger guys will be with us hopefully for another 4 or 5 years taking with them want Seymour has instilled.
    Truth is I shutter to think what our young guys would be like if they never had Seymour but Tommy Kelly as a Veteran to follow. OMG thats a bad one.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    lmao! Keep em coming smart guy. smh..

Hall of Famer

Can we all agree now

As far as I can tell, this coaching staff has performed at least as bad as the players have. For all his faults, Hue Jackson has got to be grinning ear to ear, right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeinrichmond View Post
    I just hope the Raiders win a superbowl before the return of Jesus. All I can do is hope.
    "Davis was one of the greatest coaches I have ever observed... A truly great coach. Had he remained in coaching, he would be considered one of the greatest of all time". - Bill Walsh

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information