Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Pat Lee Did Not Make the Trip and Reportedly being Released ~Merged~

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by regret View Post
    It's coming. In this NFL I think the only people you can afford to pay premium money to are the quarterback and the guys up front protecting the quarterback. Everything else is negotiable, though ideally you'd like to have the defensive trenches filled with solid talent as well (we're paying too much currently but not for long). Fortunately, with the new rookie contract structure in place, we should be able to get our house in order relatively quickly.
    Agreed.With the salary cap and FA you need to get your moneys worth out of your players.Not alot of room for error in the new NFL if you want to be a consistent contender...If you don,t draft well and get performance from your FA your gonna be in trouble.No more getting .02 on the dollar anymore.
    regret likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    This is why I have Knapps back

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    The coaching staff has their reasons and I don't see any point in questioning them on a trivial move like this unless you have a bone to pick with the staff in the first place.
    No no no, you are right, my comment was specifically a reply to another poster.
    I fully back Reggie and the coaching staff in their decisions. they have their reasons and they certainly know better than us fans.
    I know its tiresome to hear so many on this forum questioning Reggie and companys' decision making when they have know idea on whats going on
    inside the organization, player availability, and performance in practices etc. Too many clueless wannabe GM's on this forum who think they know whats best from sitting on their couch.

Hall of Famer
    It's not the fact that he was a great CB that I'm wondering why he was let go. It's because everyone in that secondary is made of glass and it's only a matter of time before someone else gets hurt. Bartell only had one game and he was out for 7 weeks. Spencer is on IR and if we go with anyone else that is on that team, they're worse than Pat Lee

Kind of unfair to place the blame on a CB for the last game. The whole defense shouldn't even pick up their checks after that debacle

I think this really does cement my theory that RM is just limping through this year with who we have and doesn't really care a whole lot about whether we win or lose. Not one move to pick up a RB, CB, DT, FS, RT in Free Agency speaks volumes about RM right now

Hall of Famer
    Eh, they probably told Lee they'll sign him back next week after we lose another corner.

Palehorse is offline Banned
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonR8R View Post
    Not one move to pick up a RB, CB, DT, FS, RT in Free Agency speaks volumes about RM right now
    What are you blabbering about? He did pick up players in free agency. The team is still bringing in new players to work out. Just look at Andre Carter. Who was/is he supposed to sign and where was he supposed to get the money to do it? Laughable.

Everyone wanted Cedric Benson and Tracy Porter. Where are they for their teams now? He had **** to work with and basically it's amazing he managed to get as good of players as he did.

inphinity is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    **** why the hell would they cut our pro bowl corner?!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse View Post
    What are you blabbering about?

Hall of Famer
    Rumour has it Lee took a dump in Seymours lunchbox after practise and afterwards wiped his @ss with Seymours paycheck suggesting big Rich,s performance last game ain,t worth $hit.Seymour said put a cork in it and a fight errupted.Seymour being the vet and making the most $$$ meant Lee had to go to avoid a rift in the locker room.Clearly speculative not confirmed of course.

Hall of Famer
    What are you blabbering about? He did pick up players in free agency. The team is still bringing in new players to work out. Just look at Andre Carter. Who was/is he supposed to sign and where was he supposed to get the money to do it? Laughable.
    Everyone wanted Cedric Benson and Tracy Porter. Where are they for their teams now? He had **** to work with and basically it's amazing he managed to get as good of players as he did.
    Exactly. Hilarious people think its so easy from sitting on their couch to go out and sign players during the season that will produce.
    great players are falling off trees just looking for jobs. Frickin morons
    Raider Ran and DustInTheWind like this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    Exactly. Hilarious people think its so easy from sitting on their couch to go out and sign players during the season that will produce.
    great players are falling off trees just looking for jobs. Frickin morons
    Us not having any $$$ to spend kinda puts a damper on it too.
    Raider Ran likes this.

Hall of Famer
    its simple to understand...we're just making room on the roster to re-sign Routt of course. we're already paying him after all.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by reapersgt View Post
    its simple to understand...we're just making room on the roster to re-sign Routt of course. we're already paying him after all.
    Please, no.

Hall of Famer

Maybe I should have clarified, obviously I meant that RM should have tried to pick up people out there that wouldn't get our QB killed. You're telling me there isn't one decent RT out there that can do a better job than Willie "Turnstile" Smith? Or how about a WR that actually knows how to run more than a Go route? A CB that can cover something other than a tree in practice? Is it really that hard to find someone out of all the out of work players out there?

And don't talk to me about money. I know what the cap situation is. No one is saying sign a FA to a huge multi million dollar contract. He signed Andre Carter for peanuts and I'm sure there's other FAs out there that have more talent than the guys we have and would do the same on a one year contract to prove themselves. Maybe they're asking for too much? Who knows?

Something tells me that DA is really picky about who gets on that field and doesn't like any of the FAs being brought in by RM. It took them bringing in Carter 3 times before they made up their mind. I understand you don't wanna put crap on the field, which isn't a bad thing, but when your current roster is eventually gonna kill your only offense (Palmer), your secondary consists of a converted FS and injury prone CB, a WR corp that can't make enough plays and both your RBs are injured then you might wanna get someone that can do the job. Unless of course, you either don't care about winning or are just way too picky about who gets to play. Which makes no sense either way because this team is full of beggars and not choosers

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonR8R View Post
    Maybe I should have clarified, obviously I meant that RM should have tried to pick up people out there that wouldn't get our QB killed. You're telling me there isn't one decent RT out there that can do a better job than Willie "Turnstile" Smith? Or how about a WR that actually knows how to run more than a Go route? A CB that can cover something other than a tree in practice? Is it really that hard to find someone out of all the out of work players out there?

And don't talk to me about money. I know what the cap situation is. No one is saying sign a FA to a huge multi million dollar contract. He signed Andre Carter for peanuts and I'm sure there's other FAs out there that have more talent than the guys we have and would do the same on a one year contract to prove themselves. Maybe they're asking for too much? Who knows?

Something tells me that DA is really picky about who gets on that field and doesn't like any of the FAs being brought in by RM. It took them bringing in Carter 3 times before they made up their mind. I understand you don't wanna put crap on the field, which isn't a bad thing, but when your current roster is eventually gonna kill your only offense (Palmer), your secondary consists of a converted FS and injury prone CB, a WR corp that can't make enough plays and both your RBs are injured then you might wanna get someone that can do the job. Unless of course, you either don't care about winning or are just way too picky about who gets to play. Which makes no sense either way because this team is full of beggars and not choosers
    Willie Smith is our backup RT, Barnes is injured. Perhaps we could have found a better backup before the season started, but during the season it is pretty hard to find a guy to come in and just start playing on o-line. Probably it is Smith, or Bergstrom or Barksdale until Barnes is back.

As far as getting more guys on o-line before the year started, I thought depth would be a problem. And to be honest, we have been very lucky with o-line injuries the last two years. Barnes for 5 games is not nearly as bad as a knee on Veldheer for the year or something. But how do you get depth without much cap or draft picks. We spent our first pick here, but it was an end of the 3rd pick. Hopefully he pans out. Otherwise, it is picking up other teams cuts for our backups, which is exactly what we did with Smith. Probably many such guys would be of similar quality to Smith.

You can complain about things, but the reality of it all is that basically, we are sort of fvcked for a few years until we get the cap sorted out and hopefully start getting an infusion of talent through the draft. There just aren't any magic solutions to filling all the holes we have. If you have any specific ideas, love to hear them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information