Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Pat Lee Did Not Make the Trip and Reportedly being Released ~Merged~

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbound View Post
    This is funny....I'm sure almost everyone was questioning picking him up in the first place & saying he sucks etc etc.....Now there are several posts on here questioning the release of him.....
    THINK ...... If you are going to cut someone you would hope its one of the worst two players either Francis or Hanson and keep Lee who is better. No one is saying this guy is great but he is better than Francis and Hanson.

Now, show us the posts where everyone was questioning picking him up in the first place, and are they the same members who are posting now about losing him.

Its post like yours that is funny because if you really think about the situation your words are worthless to this discussion. Irrelevant and useless post. Thank you sir.

DAYFM is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Ya, people seem to be confusing wanting a player and preferring a player. Lee wasn't great and he probably wouldn't have been back next year, but he's probably the second best tackler in our whole secondary and clearly better than Francies or Hanson.

It's another stupid move that makes no sense. Cut the guy who's played and at least made SOME plays as opposed to a guy like Francies who has done nothing at all and never will.
    pointi likes this.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by danax View Post
    To be expected with Bartell coming back but why would they release the starter and not Hanson? Guess he's next once Spencer returns.
    Weird that Bartell and Spencer were born on the same day and got injured together and are coming back almost together, apparently. Are they the first CB tandem born on the same day? Maybe they'll each have picks during a game soon and we can start calling them The Takeaway Twins. (or most likely, The Torched Twins.)
    Shawntae Spencer is headed to IR.

Pretty sure Ron Bartell will be activated today and the Raiders will promote Jeremy Stewart from the PS.
    My Raiders 2014 Mock:
    Round 1 - Trade #5 to Buffalo Bills for #9, #41, and #149
    #9 - WR, Mike Evans
    #36 - DE, Kony Ealy
    Round 2 trade #41 to Chicago Bears for #51 and #183
    #51 - QB, Jimmy Garappolo
    #67 - S, Ed Reynolds
    #107 - DT, Will Sutton
    #149 - RB, Lache Seastrunk
    #183 - G, Chris Watt
    #219 - DT, Beau Allen
    #235 - WR, Jeff Janis

QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

Luca_Brasi is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by djh_raider View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danax View Post
    To be expected with Bartell coming back but why would they release the starter and not Hanson? Guess he's next once Spencer returns.
    Weird that Bartell and Spencer were born on the same day and got injured together and are coming back almost together, apparently. Are they the first CB tandem born on the same day? Maybe they'll each have picks during a game soon and we can start calling them The Takeaway Twins. (or most likely, The Torched Twins.)
    Shawntae Spencer is headed to IR.

Pretty sure Ron Bartell will be activated today and the Raiders will promote Jeremy Stewart from the PS.
    Its OFFICIAl: Ron Bartell activated and Stewart is promoted.

mike taylor is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    So we put one CB on IR and then release another??
    Hawaiian Raider likes this.

Luca_Brasi is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by mike taylor View Post
    AND activate another.

mike taylor is offline Limited Membership
    Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Tre View Post
    Raiders twitter just said they waived pat Lee and put Spencer on IR. Looks like we're stuck with Huff and Bartell the rest of the season at corner.
    and that means Giordano at full time safety..

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRaider2010 View Post
    THINK ...... If you are going to cut someone you would hope its one of the worst two players either Francis or Hanson and keep Lee who is better. No one is saying this guy is great but he is better than Francis and Hanson.
    You are splitting hairs here. Honestly the entire secondary is suspect and any of these guys could be cut and nobody should really be surprised. The coaching staff has their reasons and I don't see any point in questioning them on a trivial move like this unless you have a bone to pick with the staff in the first place.

D-Tre is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca_Brasi View Post
    AND activate another.
    Yup, seems like a fantastic idea. Drop 2, pick up 1 for the most suspect position on your team. Not saying any of these dudes are good but damn.. it's just common sense.
    Hawaiian Raider likes this.

AL 9000 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer

Pat Lee Did Not Make the Trip and Reportedly being Released ~Merged~

Pat Lee was not very good and that's putting it nicely. I thought he was better than Francis and Hanson though. Really we shouldn't even be debating this topic because they're all garbage. You can't polish a turd.

Hall of Famer
    AND activate another.
    Jeremy Stewart will only be active as long as Goodson and McFadden are out.

I would expect that unless Stewart does something amazing on Sunday, he will be waived and re-signed to the PS once McFadden and/or Goodson are good to go again. The Raiders will probably re-sign Pat Lee then as well.

Nothing strange in all of this. Just catering for the holes due to injury.
    kinz and Chewy316 like this.
    My Raiders 2014 Mock:
    Round 1 - Trade #5 to Buffalo Bills for #9, #41, and #149
    #9 - WR, Mike Evans
    #36 - DE, Kony Ealy
    Round 2 trade #41 to Chicago Bears for #51 and #183
    #51 - QB, Jimmy Garappolo
    #67 - S, Ed Reynolds
    #107 - DT, Will Sutton
    #149 - RB, Lache Seastrunk
    #183 - G, Chris Watt
    #219 - DT, Beau Allen
    #235 - WR, Jeff Janis

QANTAS - even when an engine explodes the catering/service is STILL the biggest disaster on a Qantas flight!!!

SoBruTal_ is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    I like LEE , I hope it's Dyke just hating

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by mike taylor View Post
    ... from a struggling secondary to begin with. Are we saying there's guys out there on the couch that are better?

AND activate another.
    ... who has been injury prone.

Let's hope that whatever game Bartell walks back onto the field in, that he's able to walk back off.
    Rainman56 likes this.
    "Be on time, pay attention, and play like Hell when I tell you to" - John Madden's three and only rules.

Mahalo Blackhole John

Hall of Famer
    Never saw this coming.Maybe the coaching staff is making a point/example...Cutting some one who rides the pine wouldn,t have held much weight.Cutting a guy who while not a star but was a starter whatever the circumstances may put others on notice even with bartell coming back.If it was to send a message I,m all for it.No more rides for free,do your job or GTFO...I actually wish a few of the high $$$ prima donnas would get the hammer dropped on them as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    you can't find one post by me saying I have Knapp's back.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheapshotartist View Post
    This is why I have Knapps back

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman56 View Post
    Never saw this coming.Maybe the coaching staff is making a point/example...Cutting some one who rides the pine wouldn,t have held much weight.Cutting a guy who while not a star but was a starter whatever the circumstances may put others on notice even with bartell coming back.If it was to send a message I,m all for it.No more rides for free,do your job or GTFO...I actually wish a few of the high $$$ prima donnas would get the hammer dropped on them as well.
    It's coming. In this NFL I think the only people you can afford to pay premium money to are the quarterback and the guys up front protecting the quarterback. Everything else is negotiable, though ideally you'd like to have the defensive trenches filled with solid talent as well (we're paying too much currently but not for long). Fortunately, with the new rookie contract structure in place, we should be able to get our house in order relatively quickly.
    Rainman56 likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information