Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: 13 months after Mr. Davis passes... Are u still blaming him or readt to move on/

whodeeny9 is offline Limited Membership
    Bench Warmer
    I actually blame him for not being alive anymore. Because if he was alive and still running things we probably would have made the playoffs this year and mcfadden would probably be close to 1000 yds by this point in the season. Why? Cause al wouldn't have fired hue and brought in knapp...fact!!!!

raiderroo is offline Limited Membership
    Chairman of the Board
    First I have always stood by my team even when I didn't agree with Davis and no matter what I said about him. So im going to continue to stand by my team no matter what. With that yes I am ready to move on but at the same things therenare still some things Davis did during his time that still have an affect on some of the struggles for this team. No not all of the struggles but still some and I don't care what anybody else thinks about that it's how I feel.
    cheapshotartist likes this.

Da Swami is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dry23 View Post
    Al's gigantic contracts and draft busts have created a ball and chain effect over the last 10 years or so. High risk, low reward players with guaranteed contracts have hampered our ability to add solid depth to our team. Let's not forget that we've MISSED ON EVERY SINGLE FIRST ROUNDER SINCE CHARLES WOODSON.

God bless Al, and may he rest in peace.
    Seabass, Nnamdi, Huff, D Mac and DHB.

None of them are busts.

What are you smoking?
    pointi likes this.

Sithman is offline Limited Membership
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUISVILLE R8R View Post
    October 8, 2011, our maverick owner passed. For years all we heard is how he was the reason for failure for the past decade was his fault solely. From the "fishy" comment made by Randy Moss to the "red phone" comment by a few players of that era and the overwhelming anti-Davis sentiment of many fans, it was obvious Al Davis was the center of everything bad the Raiders had become. NOW 13 MONTHS LATER.... Are u still blaming Al for everything or are you ready to look to the future and stand by your team?? In my opinion its time to quit blaming a dead man and let the organization rebuild. Just like in politics, George Bush has been gone for 4 years. No more excuses, this is on the encombants shoulders and its Time to take responsibility! Im tired of excuses and im holding the management and coaching staff accountable from this day forward. Al is gone people. Either look forward or move on$
    Al Davis is still the MAJOR CAUSE of the raider problems. Of course he is no longer responsible but HIS EFFECTS are still here. So RM STILL have to clean up Al Davis bad contracts and players before we can move on. We are feeling the effects of just how bad Al Davis was during his later years. Same applies to Bush and ObamA. When I buy a property sometimes it takes longer and cost more to clean up or repair some properties before I can rent or re-sale them.

BVJ
    Hall of Famer
    Right or wrong Al Davis' prior decisions still have influenced this team. It won't be until a few years before his prior decisions no longer influence this team, simply because the roster is mostly Al Davis guys. McZ needs several more drafts and free agency periods before this team is "McZ guys".

Chairman of the Board
    Ok guys, 1st I never said Al wasn't responsible for this mess. He does hold some responsibility, no question. But he is GONE. My point is its time to look at this team now, quit blaming a dead man and HOLD THESE PLAYERS AND COACHES ACCOUNTABLE.last season this team was a much better football team. Im sorry, im not blaming Al for the bullcrap I see on the field any more. Im
    giving D. A and Reggie my support but im also holding them accountable from this day forward. Im letting go of the past and pointing the finger at the players and coaching staff who are now Responsible
    pointi and Marlo Black like this.

Chairman of the Board
    Quote Originally Posted by LOUISVILLE R8R View Post
    Ok guys, 1st I never said Al wasn't responsible for this mess. He does hold some responsibility, no question. But he is GONE. My point is its time to look at this team now, quit blaming a dead man and HOLD THESE PLAYERS AND COACHES ACCOUNTABLE.last season this team was a much better football team. Im sorry, im not blaming Al for the bullcrap I see on the field any more. Im
    giving D. A and Reggie my support but im also holding them accountable from this day forward. Im letting go of the past and pointing the finger at the players and coaching staff who are now Responsible
    No arguments here my friend, but they also have to be given some time to get this headed in the right direction. Most of us knew this season was going to be a questionable one. I didn't assume success would be immediate, and I do think McKenzie, Allen and everyone will be accountable, but not giving them the benefit of the doubt the first year is a bit unrealistic. Sure other teams seem to find success like the Colts, but they had a lot more pieces in place and a lot more organizational stability. It will get there, but it will take time as the Raiders were still being run like they were in the 60's... patience is going to have to be the word of choice for this franchise.
    "You can't Appoint, Hire, or Declare Leadership" ~ Sonny Barger

"Al Davis thought all owners were dilettantes with a new toy. He said to me many times through the years that owners are often the problem with their franchises, that too many of them think they can run things when they cannot, and the teams that succeed are the ones where the owner hires the best people he can and turns the game over to them."

UptownXguy3 is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Definitely need to give DA and Reggie atleast two more years to right the ship...but I agree with you anything that happens from now and until year 3 is on their watch. Reggie can cut or restructure contracts since he is in charge...he can trade players...get draft picks etc... I want to see what they will do and who they will be bringing in next year. What I am saying is it might not be a quick turn around like some has hoped(I definitely wished it was) but I want to see the improvements being made(the right moves basically in draft , FA bids, and coaching hires). Reggie did good...except for the hiring of Greg Knapp I would of denied that in a heartbeat. I guess he wanted to give DA a sense of freedom...I would of gave him a sense of my backhand at the suggestion. Still, aside from that there is hope that this team will be run correctly and I will be judging this in 2013's off season...

Silver_n_Black is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    Ya I blame him. The Raiders except for a handful of years have been losers. Amazing how a few Superbowls 30 years ago makes you think your organization is a winning team. Facts are facts and except the last Superbowl run this organization is no better than the Browns, or Lions since the 80`s.

Gone are the bad azz days of black and silver. This is an organization that no one wants any part of and players who get cut from multiple squads get to make a salary and draft picks that belong in the 6th round go first. You can stop me at any time if I am not telling the truth......

Bleeding Silver is offline Limited Membership
    Rookie
    anyone blaming AL for this disgraceful dump just taken on the legacy of the Raiders is a crazy fool!!!!!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Silver View Post
    anyone blaming AL for this disgraceful dump just taken on the legacy of the Raiders is a crazy fool!!!!!
    EVERYONE takes blame for this game. No one, not Al, not anybody, is absolved.
    SoCalR8r and Sithman like this.

MrWestGrand is offline Limited Membership
    Veteran
    I blame Mark Davis, because he's the only child and son of Al Davis who didn't particularly care about picking up the knowledge from his legendary father and developing his own philosophy on football, yet he hung around the organization to reap the benefits of being associated with it success while it was winning SuperBowls.

Now that its his time, he wants to play the role and pass the buck on to other guys like he doesn't know anything, but he has been it the building the whole ****ing time.

You don't know or understand football, ok go do something else in life, but to hang around the organization knowing your the successor and just hide behind the excuse of not knowing football is unacceptable.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWestGrand View Post
    I blame Mark Davis, because he's the only child and son of Al Davis who didn't particularly care about picking up the knowledge from his legendary father and developing his own philosophy on football, yet he hung around the organization to reap the benefits of being associated with it success while it was winning SuperBowls.

Now that its his time, he wants to play the role and pass the buck on to other guys like he doesn't know anything, but he has been it the building the whole ****ing time.

You don't know or understand football, ok go do something else in life, but to hang around the organization knowing your the successor and just hide behind the excuse of not knowing football is unacceptable.
    I'm sorry, but you're a f*cking moron. It's not an owner's responsibility to know about football. He followed the advice of Ron Wolf and John Madden (Who, FYI know about football) and hired RM.

dane is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Yes, I'm sorry to say that I still blame Al. This year is about recovering from years worth of bad decisions and overspending. Next year is the first true year of the rebuild and new regime. Even though I call it the first year, we are still missing draft picks and overpaying some players due to Al's decision.

On the other hand I'm finally coming around to Al's DHB pick. I think DHB is turning himself into a more than solid receiver with hard work, good attitude and physical tools. Just wanted to finish on a positive when talking about Al.

sa_dick_steele is offline Limited Membership
    Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWestGrand View Post

Duh. lol! So it was Mark who failed at the NFL draft for 10 years. And all that money he paid to failed players such as D. Hall and J. Walker. Oh, and Marks fantastic trade of Seymore. Good call dude.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information